What Dashware Data Profile to use for DJI Phantom 3?
10814 12 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dominic.espejo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88130 ft
United States

I plan to use Dashware (dashware.net) to overlay telemetry data over my Phantom 3 videos.  I'm on an android platform and see that the flight records are stored in <android_fs>/Internal storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord/*.txt .  The files are either encrypted or the encoding is wrong, but these are not flat text files and I can't import it into the Dashware app.  The dashware help section states to use Flytrex or Vision Plus data profiles which I tried, and failed.  
The app doesn't recognize the P3 data format.  Is there a way to decode the Phantom 3 flight records to a format recognized by Dashware (.csv, .tcx, etc...)?

2015-6-17
Use props
dashtwo
lvl.2

United States

I used flylitchi.com to convert the logs. Then use the flytrex profile. The problem I have is that I cant add a video to the project in dashware. I just get a black screen and greyed out controls. I have tried all of the fixes on the website and no luck. running the newest version of dashware on win 8
2015-6-17
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

dashtwo Posted at 2015-6-18 02:14
I used flylitchi.com to convert the logs. Then use the flytrex profile. The problem I have is that I ...

Dash,

Your video resolution may be too high for Dashware to import it. I haven't used Dashware on anything higher than 720p so I can't say for sure. It may have a problem with 1080p and/or 4k. You could test it by converting one of your vids to a lower rez to see if it works. Just my thoughts.

Jerry
2015-6-17
Use props
dominic.espejo
lvl.1
United States

dashtwo Posted at 2015-6-18 02:14
I used flylitchi.com to convert the logs. Then use the flytrex profile. The problem I have is that I ...

It works.  Thanks!
2015-6-17
Use props
dominic.espejo
lvl.1
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-18 02:26
Dash,

Your video resolution may be too high for Dashware to import it. I haven't used Dashware on ...

Are you using .mp4 or .mov?  Maybe the app doesn't support .mov?
2015-6-17
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

dominic.espejo Posted at 2015-6-18 02:42
Are you using .mp4 or .mov?  Maybe the app doesn't support .mov?

Dom,

I'm using MP4, haven't tried it with any MOV's. I should also note that I've used Dashware successfully with the Flytrex profile many times with my P2V+v3 but I have not yet attempted to use Dashware with my P3Pro.

Jerry
2015-6-17
Use props
dashtwo
lvl.2

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-18 02:26
Dash,

Your video resolution may be too high for Dashware to import it. I haven't used Dashware on ...

thanks for the reply. I did try some lower res mp4 camera video in case that was the issue but it didn't work either. I will have to try it on another pc when I get the chance. And I am using mp4 but have tried other mov files just to see if I could get anything to work.
2015-6-17
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

dashtwo Posted at 2015-6-18 03:38
thanks for the reply. I did try some lower res mp4 camera video in case that was the issue but it d ...

I'm using RaceRender with my P3P at 4K and I'm happy with it.

2015-6-18
Use props
dashtwo
lvl.2

United States

mech@wispertel. Posted at 2015-6-18 19:52

Vimeo video link of flight from my ...

I will have to give that a try. Do you convert the data file the same as dashware or something different?
2015-6-18
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

dashtwo Posted at 2015-6-18 22:28
I will have to give that a try. Do you convert the data file the same as dashware or something dif ...

Yes, same way. However racerender is not free.
2015-6-18
Use props
frostgd
New

Canada

mech@wispertel. Posted at 2015-6-18 19:52

Vimeo video link of flight from my ...

I really hope you get this message.

I am old and do not do well with computers it seems.  I have downloaded dashware and Racerender and for the life of me can't get anything to work.  And what it worse is that I know it is me, I am the stupid one, BUT I would really like to get this working.

Would you be so kind as to give me a step by step as to how I get the DAT files from Phantom 3 all the way to publishing a video with synced data.

I know this is a lot to ask but I really don't know where to go.  I have been MANY hours researching this and had come to the honest belief that such could not yet be done with the Phantom 3 BUT then I see your work and wonder why I can't get it.

If you would like to contact me directly ( email  frostgd@hotmail.com ) feel free to contact me anytime and I really hope I can get your assistance.

Gord
2015-7-18
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

frostgd Posted at 2015-7-19 02:56
I really hope you get this message.

I am old and do not do well with computers it seems.  I have  ...

I'm sorry but I'm in the hospital and will be for a while longer. The best I can suggest is to go herehttp://racerender.com/RR3/docs/Contents.html and/or ask others on the forum.
2015-7-19
Use props
暮光之南
lvl.2
Flight distance : 414675 ft
Australia

Just purchased racerender 3 ....
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules