Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,
I was curious how the RTH looks like on a MA2 when disconnected.
Well, as in the manual...
(RTH setting 20 meters, fly height about 4 or so...)

Best to watch the video with sound on.

From HP MA2 flown forward, right turn 90, fwd again, again right turn 90 and forward to a stop ; disconnect RC and....its in the vid.

cheers
JJB

2020-6-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm glad someone tested this - good work!
2020-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, have you tested if you reset Rth will it return to where RC was when reset or where aircraft was ?
2020-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 6-21 03:00
Good job, have you tested if you reset Rth will it return to where RC was when reset or where aircraft was ?

I move my drone away from the initial takeoff spot (thus HP), at this location i reset HP in the app, just open this menu/option and click OK as the default is where the craft is flying.
So new HP was N of me about 10 meters.

At loosing contact (switchig my RC off) MA2 flew back to the latest HP and not to the RC.

BTW as long as in craft is in RTH mode, re-setting HP does have effect, it will move directly to the new HP. Only when craft is in autolanding, re-setting HP has no effect, it will just land.
cheers
JJB
2020-6-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good test
2020-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-21 03:18
I move my drone away from the initial takeoff spot (thus HP), at this location i reset HP in the app, just open this menu/option and click OK as the default is where the craft is flying.

Thanks for the tests and information JJB.
2020-6-21
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

I’m curious why you would reset the HP again after take off? Why not just let it auto set the HP before take off, fly away a bit, then turn off RC and test to see if it comes back? I feel like you threw in an additional variable that wasn’t needed for this test lol.
2020-6-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

HoosierFlyer Posted at 6-21 08:39
I’m curious why you would reset the HP again after take off? Why not just let it auto set the HP before take off, fly away a bit, then turn off RC and test to see if it comes back? I feel like you threw in an additional variable that wasn’t needed for this test lol.

Well, it's pretty obvious what happens normally. But it isn't clear to some (me included) if the reset of the home position is relative to the remote or to the drone. JJB is pointing out that it is relative to the drone, not the remote.

Read the posts below.... I will have to practice this some more before giving out false information. So...I stand corrupted ;-)

2020-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

HoosierFlyer Posted at 6-21 08:39

well,  i did not want to walk away from my position, so i let the drone flew away a bit, reset HP so i was in the middle of this U turn kind of flight...

But as the craft always return to the last HP setting (= first at take off if not changed) is has no effect on this test.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 6-21 09:34
Well, it's pretty obvious what happens normally. But it isn't clear to some (me included) if the reset of the home position is relative to the remote or to the drone. JJB is pointing out that it is relative to the drone, not the remote.

If you reset the HP in the fly app (open the menu | option), the default is the actual position of the craft. If you press the RC icon HP is set to the RC postion (so where you are as you have the RC/mob device in your hand).

If you move the map away under the craft position HP is set to where the craft is located on the map.

cheers
JJB
HPset.png
2020-6-21
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

When resetting the HP, you have the option to set it to current drone location or current RC position.

Tapped reset HP to current MA2 location (arrowhead icon, top right corner)

Moved MA2 away from HP

Reset HP to current location of RC (RC icon is highlighted)

2020-6-21
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The Home Point can be re-established to the drone position, remote  position or a map position you establish by moving the map under the H  icon.  You have to be airborne and when you go to Menu, Safety, and  Update Home Point you get the screen below.  The app defaults to establishing a Home Point where the MA2 is at that moment so all you have to do is tap OK.  Tapping the RC  icon sets the Home Point where the RC/mobile device is at that  moment.  If you put your finger on the map you can drag the map around  and thus move the circled amber H to a point anywhere on the map and  make a new Home Point there.  Sorry, I was making this post when JJB  and Pappy3 were posting theirs.
Home Point.JPG
2020-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 6-21 10:57
The Home Point can be re-established to the drone position, remote  position or a map position you establish by moving the map under the H[view_image]  icon.  You have to be airborne and when you go to Menu, Safety, and  Update Home Point you get the screen below.  Tapping on the MA2 icon  sets the Home Point where the MA2 is at that moment.  Tapping the RC  icon sets the Home Point where the RC/mobile device is at that  moment.  If you put your finger on the map you can drag the map around  and thus move the circled amber H to a point anywhere on the map and  make a new Home Point there.  Sorry, I was making this post when JJB  and Pappy3 were posting his.

;-)   this happens to all users sometimes, better double information than no information.

You do not have to tap on the MA2 icon, it is as default setting already 'tapped'.
So just open this menu and click OK = HP set to craft position.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-21
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-21 03:18

Let me get this straight...I know autolanding occurs when Critical Battery has initiated.  But is it also in autolanding mode when the MA2 starts descent to land at the end of the RTH???
2020-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 6-21 12:36
Let me get this straight...I know autolanding occurs when Critical Battery has initiated.  But is it also in autolanding mode when the MA2 starts descent to land at the end of the RTH???

Hi Rustic,

yes, but an autolanding due to critical batt level cannot be cancelled, an autolanding following a RTH can be cancelled.

During a RTH users can change the HP position, drone will change heading to new HP. The moment the drone is landing HP change has no effect, drone continues to land.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-21
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2113606 ft
Romania

I thought i knew well how return to home works, but every day is a good day to learn!

I watched the movie 5 times trying to understand why it's doing that thing! And then I downloaded the MAVIC AIR 2 manual! )

"Failsafe RTH
If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH
automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds. The aircraft will fly
backwards for 50 m on its original flight route, and then enter Straight Line RTH. The aircraft enters Straight
Line RTH if the remote controller signal is restored during Failsafe RTH.
After flying for 50 m:
1. If the aircraft is less than 20 m from the Home Point, it flies back to the Home Point at the current altitude.
2. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point and the current altitude is higher than the preset RTH
altitude, it flies back to the Home Point at the current altitude.
3. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point and the current altitude is lower than the preset RTH
altitude, it ascends to the preset RTH altitude and then flies back to the Home Point."

That's cool when you accidentaly lost connection taking your drone after a building, she tries first to come back 50 meters to try to regain control over her. It's nice!
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post. This will be a great help to our valued DJI members to get more information about the RTH feature. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules