New user, Osmo Action--question about the power button...
1229 9 2020-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VGm0IoMq0pkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everywhere I read says to turn off power you must hold the power button for a few seconds, but mine shuts down the instant I tap the power button.
Is this some thing that has changed in the new firmware??
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the top Square button  is the  Power. it will power on  with a short press & power off with a short press.  The  top round is the Shutter  record, it will auto power on with a short press, and  when stopped will give you three seconds to decide to keep on or go to standby.   you do not need to hold the Square down for a longer period of 1 second or more.
2020-6-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Single short press basically puts OA to sleep, from which it can wake up almost instantaneously. Long press tuns it off (confirmed by a notice on the screen) which takes longer. And it also takes longer to come back from a "shut down". The difference is merely seconds, but sometimes that might cost you a shot

Obviously the sleep mode will cost you some battery life, but I don't know how significant that is....

2020-6-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-21 12:50
the top Square button  is the  Power. it will power on  with a short press & power off with a short press.  The  top round is the Shutter  record, it will auto power on with a short press, and  when stopped will give you three seconds to decide to keep on or go to standby.   you do not need to hold the Square down for a longer period of 1 second or more.

Sorry, but that is wrong... There are two different uses of the power button:  Short press puts the OA in sleep, long press turns it off.
2020-6-21
Use props
MavicMike1955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-21 20:23
Sorry, but that is wrong... There are two different uses of the power button:  Short press puts the OA in sleep, long press turns it off.

Thank you so much for the info.
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Lol lets see:   if I put a stop watch on it? it is still a short press of 1 full second to  shut down, it is a tap   of 1 second to go on stand by.  also I'll add to the note of my am right not right.

while recording you can pres the button the screen will go off. the square one

2020-6-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-21 20:23

learn something new each day, standby I did thank you but the  press is not spot on, with DJI lol
2020-6-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

MavicMike1955 Posted at 6-21 23:25

Your're welcome
2020-6-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-22 03:36
learn something new each day, standby I did thank you but the  press is not spot on, with DJI lol

LOL the long press does not have to be too long, I have to give you that In the end there is a difference though
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MavicMike1955 Posted at 6-21 23:25

Hi. I am happy to know that your previous query was answered. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules