Stuck In Restricted Zone.
2665 8 2020-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Went flying yesterday and got a bit too close to a restricted zone. (jail)  First response, get the hell outta here now! So I gave it full throttle to make a quick exit and nothing! It just hovered there. For a full minute! I thought well I'm in trouble now. Eventually I was able to creep away at a very sloooow speed. So it looks like the software/firmware cripped the drone in mid air. Not good. Not good at all.....

2020-6-22
Use props
-Lucifer-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Maybe try to avoid flying close to respected zone. That will solve the problem..
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mr. Motta. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your flight experience. In Restricted Zones, which appear red the DJI application, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. If you believe you have the authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at  flysafe@dji.com or use the Online Unlocking feature. In addition I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where in you can check locations of it is free to fly your DJI drone or if a certain location is a No Fly Zone "NFZ ". Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-6-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good to know! Thanks for this advice...

Of course, you shouldn't fly that far at all, but when it does happen. Oh man. Good to know...
2020-6-24
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-24 22:32
Hello there Mr. Motta. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your flight experience. In Restricted Zones, which appear red the DJI application, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. If you believe you have the authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at   or use the Online Unlocking feature. In addition I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ) where in you can check locations of it is free to fly your DJI drone or if a certain location is a No Fly Zone "NFZ ". Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Yea, I understand that. But crippling the drone in mid flight is just plain stupid. IMO.
2020-6-26
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

If you fly in a red zone the drone must land where it stops in the red zone, you must then go into the controlled airspace zone that more than likely will be fenced off and under security guard control and collect your drone. Once you face the consequences of flying into a red zone I bet you will not do that again. In most countries pleading ignorance to the law does not get you off committing a crime.
2020-6-27
Use props
Henry7722
lvl.3
Taiwan

Yes,it happened to me once ( a little different situation), the AC got stock and I had to run to get it back. I mean there is a fence there which flyers can't break inside so there is nothing to break out of. It is a glitch.
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_PbHClqGijkaT
lvl.2

United States

This happen to me today. I had FAA clearance but only for 1/10th of a mile in 0' grid. I didn't fly far and out of no where my Air 2S stopped and hovered. I walk down the road a ways and landed it straight down is all I could do. Clear area thankfully. I did get a warning then bam I was stuck. If I was over trees or a house I would have been screwed. It seems as if there was only one thing to do and that's landing it straight down where ever it was. I have flown in class d restricted airspace many time and never had this issue. Thank God I was very close by and had it in sight.
2-3 15:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PbHClqGijkaT Posted at 2-3 15:57
This happen to me today. I had FAA clearance but only for 1/10th of a mile in 0' grid. I didn't fly far and out of no where my Air 2S stopped and hovered. I walk down the road a ways and landed it straight down is all I could do. Clear area thankfully. I did get a warning then bam I was stuck. If I was over trees or a house I would have been screwed. It seems as if there was only one thing to do and that's landing it straight down where ever it was. I have flown in class d restricted airspace many time and never had this issue. Thank God I was very close by and had it in sight.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. Please make sure to check the current location for possible restriction and unlocking via this link. If you encounter any problems, you may let us know for further checking.
2-5 02:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules