12Next >
4580 53 2020-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

I am sure ive seen this writen in a post somewhere before, but wondered why the battery level indicator window is in white and the numbers are also in white !

i struggle to see the numbers ! can we have say a white background with red numbers or a red background with white numbers ? something that stands out

Any input would be great

2020-6-23
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

This subject comes up all the time with still no change!!!!!! It’s the whole top line!
2020-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It turns red when the warnings appear but I agree, white is not the best for this purpose.
2020-6-24
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-24 03:13
It turns red when the warnings appear but I agree, white is not the best for this purpose.

Yes i noticed the colour change to an opaque background with red numbers when the battery passes 20% AJ. Just seems a little daft having a white background with white letters ! even if it was green to show charge in the battery possibly turning to amber at say 30% then red at 20 ! like a traffic light system.
2020-6-24
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Richard Hopkins Posted at 6-24 02:57
This subject comes up all the time with still no change!!!!!! It’s the whole top line!

hi ya richard yes i agree the whole top line could be much easier to see. surely its not too difficult to change the code in an update?
2020-6-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Many have been unhappy with it since day one, I c@nt understand why DJI are being so stubborn about it, especially as the GO4 app was so easy to read.
2020-6-24
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 6-24 04:20
Many have been unhappy with it since day one, I c@nt understand why DJI are being so stubborn about it, especially as the GO4 app was so easy to read.

(sarcastic mode on )You have to be carefull asking for anything on this forum as certain members will expect mini users to pay for such a service! (sarcastic mode off) well lets see if anyone from dji see the thread and put some input in thats not a stock answer like usual ! Thanks for reaching out garbage
2020-6-24
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

A couple of months ago I wrote a fair critique on the Mavic Mini and DJI Fly app and sent it in to the Your Voice Matters email.  I got a nice reply thanking me for my suggestions and that they have been forwarded to the engineering team.  One of my suggestions was to add a black or gray bar at the top like the GO 4 app so we can read the battery/GPS.  My other was to add sensitivity/EXP settings for the RC.

I hope others sent their suggestions to the Your Voice Matters email because I'm not sure if the folks at DJI take our suggestions on the forums seriously.
2020-6-24
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

Come on, DJI!  This would literally take less than an hour to change the color of the battery indicator to black from white (if adding a background color would be too difficult).  It's a slam-dunk change and would make us all very happy.  Or is this a business decision so we upgrade to pricier models?  
2020-6-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-24 04:26
(sarcastic mode on )You have to be carefull asking for anything on this forum as certain members will expect mini users to pay for such a service! (sarcastic mode off) well lets see if anyone from dji see the thread and put some input in thats not a stock answer like usual ! Thanks for reaching out garbage

Oh I’m well aware of the Fan boys and individuals on this forum that set pointless polls.... pay for features etc.  Maybe Mini pilots aren’t accomplished enough to have an opinion, let’s hope with the uptake of the Air 2 more voices will be added to this simple observation = ‘you cannot see the white data fields on a light blue sky!’
2020-6-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-24 03:30
Yes i noticed the colour change to an opaque background with red numbers when the battery passes 20% AJ. Just seems a little daft having a white background with white letters ! even if it was green to show charge in the battery possibly turning to amber at say 30% then red at 20 ! like a traffic light system.

It's actually white numerals in a transparent background so whatever colour is in front of the camera will impact the numbers - if, for example, the numbers were blue they couldn't be seen against the sea, if green then flying over trees will cause an issue whilst amber would pose a problem over beaches and desert. The battery gauge icon needs to be filled in jet black and slightly enlarged then the pilot should be able to choose which colours the numbers are displayed in whilst flying.
2020-6-24
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

A J Posted at 6-24 07:01
It's actually white numerals in a transparent background so whatever colour is in front of the camera will impact the numbers - if, for example, the numbers were blue they couldn't be seen against the sea, if green then flying over trees will cause an issue whilst amber would pose a problem over beaches and desert. The battery gauge icon needs to be filled in jet black and slightly enlarged then the pilot should be able to choose which colours the numbers are displayed in whilst flying.

Absolutely agree.  Larger battery icon would be nice for us older pilots.  If the icon and text colors could change automatically and dynamically depending on the color "behind" it (bright sky vs dark water/forest, etc.), that would be a great feature.
2020-6-24
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Unfortunately requested so many times. We can only hope that Fly app will be improved with all new MA2 customers.
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 6-24 06:49
Oh I’m well aware of the Fan boys and individuals on this forum that set pointless polls.... pay for features etc.  Maybe Mini pilots aren’t accomplished enough to have an opinion, let’s hope with the uptake of the Air 2 more voices will be added to this simple observation = ‘you cannot see the white data fields on a light blue sky!’

The mini for me was bought as a photographic tool as its great to reach places thats out of reach with a normal camera set up ! or to get a different angle on a scene ! as everyone knows buddy its an entry level drone for newbies or people who like a small drone for getting fantastic shots ! some of my fave videos on youtube have been shot on a mini !

hopefully they will change the code to allow different colours to be used in the battery charge indicator in the dji fly app
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-24 07:01

so why not give the end user the ability to change the top line of the live screen to suite there tastes? or backgrounds they are working on that day
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 6-25 00:06
Unfortunately requested so many times. We can only hope that Fly app will be improved with all new MA2 customers.

I dont worry about anything that goes on with this forum buddy ! and like you say its been requested but does anyone at dji actually listen ? mmm i doubt it !
2020-6-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 09:40
so why not give the end user the ability to change the top line of the live screen to suite there tastes? or backgrounds they are working on that day

Think you need to ask DJI that one!
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-25 09:56
Think you need to ask DJI that one!

totally pointless as it would get lost in all the noise and drivel
2020-6-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 10:01

Looks like you wasted your time then.
2020-6-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-25 10:01

2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 6-25 10:03

indeed, i think you may be correct
2020-6-25
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-28 09:29
If they change it to black text you won't be able to see it when flying at night.  The best solution is simply implement a menu bar across the top as used in the Go app for many years.

hopefully something gets changed as its not very practical having backgrounds and characters the same colour. Fingers crossed
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mockingbirdmedia. Thank tou for reaching out and for sharing your valued insight with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and development. All significant suggestions for the DJI Fly application will be implemented after the valuation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Fly application please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.
2020-6-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-28 23:22
Hello there mockingbirdmedia. Thank tou for reaching out and for sharing your valued insight with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and development. All significant suggestions for the DJI Fly application will be implemented after the valuation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Fly application please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

sounds great stephen and look forward to DJI having an imput into dealing with the issue. thanks for the feedback
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-29 10:29
sounds great stephen and look forward to DJI having an imput into dealing with the issue. thanks for the feedback

Hi there mockingbirdmedia. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to help. If you have any other suggestions, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-30 23:55
Hi there mockingbirdmedia. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to help. If you have any other suggestions, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Much appreciated stephen and rest assured i will be adding a few sugestions in the not too distant future
2020-7-1
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Maybe white text with a black boarder. But srsly speaking I never find it bothersome during flight. Having the top of my screen over exposed does not make good photos or videos most of the time.
2020-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 7-1 05:44
Maybe white text with a black boarder. But srsly speaking I never find it bothersome during flight. Having the top of my screen over exposed does not make good photos or videos most of the time.

I believe Stevie wonder wouldn’t have a problem with this and also considering tapping on icon you get more information.
2020-7-1
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

How bloody difficult can it be to put a black band/strip on top od the screen and bingo, problem solved!
Once again one of the Dji robots has "cascaded" this topic for the umpteenth time and still, nothing's gonna happen. Makes you laugh really!!
2020-7-1
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

DJI Technical work from a parallel universe they are only able to send info, content and equipment one way. Due to this they will decide what is best for us for now and the future. The link to them relaying our universes problems has not been made yet.

Or possible they are part of a team run by an autocratic politicians that know more that anyone else in the world what we require or need. Fools like myself keep on buying their products instead of making a stand by boycotting their products until they start communicating directly with us the consumers who keep them in business. The DJI Technical team should have a rep from their office directly communicating our issues and concerns between the engineers and us.

Come on DJI show us you care about your customers and start talking directly to us (Collectively we pay you and keep DJI in business) DJI engineers take up the challenge and communicate directly with us and let us help you round off and make good product into a fantastic product
2020-7-1
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Looks like a very good idea!
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 7-1 00:12
Much appreciated stephen and rest assured i will be adding a few sugestions in the not too distant future

Hi there mockingbirdmedia. Thank you for this given information. Again thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-7-1
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-1 23:26
Hi there mockingbirdmedia. Thank you for this given information. Again thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.

Your most welcome Stephen small ideas lead to great improvements ! Once again thank you for listening and look forward to dji implementing improvements  
2020-7-1
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hahahaha "thank you for your valued support and stay safe always" laughing my arse off. If I'd have a penny for everytime i read that, then i could buy the most expensive dji drone.
2020-7-2
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 7-2 00:59
Hahahaha "thank you for your valued support and stay safe always" laughing my arse off. If I'd have a penny for everytime i read that, then i could buy the most expensive dji drone.

Hope your well buddy
2020-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 7-1 07:53
How bloody difficult can it be to put a black band/strip on top od the screen and bingo, problem solved!
Once again one of the Dji robots has "cascaded" this topic for the umpteenth time and still, nothing's gonna happen. Makes you laugh really!!

Why would you want to block your view of what you’re trying to video or photo, while some might like more icons on screen that block the photographers view, others are happy with minimal icons which allow much greater view. I don’t have great eyesight but I have never not known how much battery I have left, and one touch and I can see the complete health of my battery. As one who has used go 4 app for many years, the absolute ease of use of the fly app and the complete decluttered screen is something I hope dji continues to implement.
2020-7-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 7-2 02:22
Hope your well buddy

Not too bad mate, hopung to get some shots of our Motorhome this weekend plus footage of my new camera. Are you alright?
2020-7-2
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 7-2 15:10
Not too bad mate, hopung to get some shots of our Motorhome this weekend plus footage of my new camera. Are you alright?

Yes not bad at all mate thanks ! yes i have seen the motorhome on youtube when you where testing it for road worthyness ! nice bit of kit ! you heading anywhere nice?
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 7-1 23:30
Your most welcome Stephen small ideas lead to great improvements ! Once again thank you for listening and look forward to dji implementing improvements

Hi there mockingbirdmedia. It is always out pleasure to serve and to listen to all our DJI Forum members. You are definitely correct " small ideas lead to great improvements ". If you have any other suggestions or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Please stay safe always.
2020-7-2
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-1 07:29
I believe Stevie wonder wouldn’t have a problem with this and also considering tapping on icon you get more information.

Absolutely no positive input as per usual ! And mocking blind people as well with your ill thought out response. These are serious questions being asked by people who feel the need to air issues with software and offering ideas to deliver a better more user friendly interface on that very software. Feel free to shut the door behind you.

2020-7-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules