Batt Temps in the AZ Desert
809 9 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

As weregetting up to the 115f temperature in the Arizona desert, wondering howeveryone's battery temperature is doing. With the temps climbing the air isgetting thinner which means increasing thrust putting more strain on the batt.Also how is your bird doing in maneuvering in the high heat?

2015-6-17
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

We are in Dallas and the days hits been in the high 80's and low 90's have made the batteries really hot. It takes a long time to cool them down before being able to even think of charging them again. Also, be careful of your motors. You'll notice they get really hot as well.
2015-6-17
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

SkySight Posted at 2015-6-18 11:23
We are in Dallas and the days hits been in the high 80's and low 90's have made the batteries really ...

I live in a valley where it can reach 110 easy...In 90 degree weather the batteries reach around 52 degrees celsius. The battery can withstand up to 70 degree celsius as it says on it's body...But I don't think the batteries will even heat up higher than 55 degrees celsius.
2015-6-17
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

I flew at the dry lake bed in Vegas today was about 112 slight breeze, same here batteries took a long tome to cool down also noticed a loss of flight time only got 10-12 min flights usually average 15-16
2015-6-17
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

Just tested at 110f and Batt temp reached 138f. Motors were very hot, and the Gimbal seemed to be hotter the the motors.
2015-6-18
Use props
drewvallejo
lvl.3
United States

I was curious on this as well. I am planning a trip this week to Phoenix and was debating taking my Inspire but thought the brutal heat might take a toll on her. Anyone seeing any issues with the inspire after flight, other than loss of run time? Also, how many batteries are you running? I typically run three at a time and not sure if that could be trouble too.
2015-6-19
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

You should be ok. I would let the bird cool down at the time of your batt change, the motors worry me. I found today why the Gimbal was so hot, the fan was not running on the camera. I detached it and cleaned the connections with air, reattached and fan is now running and the Gimbal is cooler now. Checking the Gimbal fan running is now on my pre flight list.
2015-6-19
Use props
Jonathan DesJar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469984 ft
United States

Chris... How has your video signal been on Digital the last few months?
2015-9-6
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

chris@corp-medi Posted at 2015-6-19 15:30
You should be ok. I would let the bird cool down at the time of your batt change, the motors worry m ...

I haven't been flying the past 2 months because of the heat out here. Battery, motors & iPad getting way to hot for my comfort.
2015-9-7
Use props
Jonathan DesJar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469984 ft
United States

Yup... Was curious since I'm in this AZ heat also! Loss of Video when digital gets
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules