Android Tablet Experiences?
2762 28 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digiblur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1529616 ft
United States

So first off, I'm not an iOS household by any means and not going to go down that debate by any means so the iPad is already off my list.  In the US here and I bought a Lenovo M10 Plus tablet and 3D printed a holder for to fit the Mavic Air 2 controller.  It all fits and goes together great.  When I went to fly wow...it was so jittery.  I did find out of I turned off the gridlines it would help a bit but was never as smooth as my midrange Pixel 3a XL.  The 10 inch screen is a little on the heavy and big side so I wanted to see what others have been using.  Any 8 inch screens that will work?  Mabye a Samsung tablet will hang with the data transfer to the screen?  

I can say it definitely changes the flying experience with a bigger screen even though it was a good bit jittery, as I've missed a few things on my phone screen in the past.  Now I just need to find that right 8 inch Android tablet.
2020-6-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use a Xiaomi Mi pad4, works perfect.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-28
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use these and don't have a problem; Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite 8 Inch 32GB Tablet and the HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 – 9.6" Only problem I have had was with the cable, swapped the cable and all good, have you tried a different cable ??
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there digiblur. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. With regards to the mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2. DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for the said drone for compatibility and reliability purposes. After checking the said mobile device ( Lenovo M10 Plus Tablet ) that you want to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2.  I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the DJI Fly application. There is a possibility that the Lenovo M10 Plus Tablet will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2.  For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-6-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Turn off cache while recording in DJI Fly
2020-6-30
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S6 so far the best tablet for Android.
2020-7-1
Use props
digiblur
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 6-30 22:49
Turn off cache while recording in DJI Fly

Tried to turn off caching doesn't really help. Turning off gridlines and other overlays helps but it is still struggling to keep up. Just issues with that processor I guess.
2020-7-2
Use props
digiblur
lvl.1
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 6-28 10:22
I use these and don't have a problem; Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite 8 Inch 32GB Tablet and the HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 – 9.6" Only problem I have had was with the cable, swapped the cable and all good, have you tried a different cable ??

Not a cable issue as the same cable works fine on my Pixel 3A XL
2020-7-2
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

digiblur Posted at 7-2 06:18
Tried to turn off caching doesn't really help. Turning off gridlines and other overlays helps but it is still struggling to keep up. Just issues with that processor I guess.

Airplane mode ?
2020-7-2
Use props
digiblur
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 7-2 08:18
Airplane mode ?

Definitely.. Always a must.
2020-7-2
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Don't expect great performance with a low end tablets .
2020-7-2
Use props
digiblur
lvl.1
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 7-2 12:43
Don't expect great performance with a low end tablets .

I was actually impressed how fast it loaded apps and other navigation stuff. Pretty snappy tablet outside of the DJI app.
2020-7-2
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

digiblur Posted at 7-2 13:13
I was actually impressed how fast it loaded apps and other navigation stuff. Pretty snappy tablet outside of the DJI app.

IKR,
I recently beta tested a 10.5 inches tablet runnining Android 10. At first I was impressed too. And then when running the fly app, I know the world of different  compared with my Samsung Tab S6  which has 8GB of RAM and Snapdragon 865.
2020-7-2
Use props
digiblur
lvl.1
United States

Definitely overkill for me for just a bigger drone screen. Runs great even on a midrange Qualcomm for 4 GB. Will keep searching for that mythical tablet to use. I am not too much of a Sammy fan with all the bloat but their 8.4 2019 tablet might be worth a spin.
2020-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Samsung Tab A SM-T290 works ok with the Fly app and the Mini, but not with the MA2. It does not have an internal compass, so that is a negative. I now use an ASUS ZenPad Z8S P00J 16GB and it works perfectly for both.

p.s. the neckstrap hanger bar is custom made from aluminum

2020-7-2
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-2 18:13
My Samsung Tab A SM-T290 works ok with the Fly app and the Mini, but not with the MA2. It does not have an internal compass, so that is a negative. I now use an ASUS ZenPad Z8S P00J 16GB and it works perfectly for both.

p.s. the neckstrap hanger bar is custom made from aluminum

And where did you get the idea for the ZenPad? Hmmmm...     :  )
2020-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Motta Posted at 7-2 20:21

Yep, it was precisely from you ;-)
2020-7-3
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 7-2 15:51
IKR,
I recently beta tested a 10.5 inches tablet runnining Android 10. At first I was impressed too. And then when running the fly app, I know the world of different  compared with my Samsung Tab S6  which has 8GB of RAM and Snapdragon 865.

What was the tablet you beta tested?
2020-7-3
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

digiblur Posted at 7-2 16:23
Definitely overkill for me for just a bigger drone screen. Runs great even on a midrange Qualcomm for 4 GB. Will keep searching for that mythical tablet to use. I am not too much of a Sammy fan with all the bloat but their 8.4 2019 tablet might be worth a spin.

I’m looking for the same holy grail!
2020-7-3
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mr. Motta Posted at 7-2 20:21

This looks like the one to go for.... unless I can find a holder that’ll fit the 12.9 iPad Pro!
2020-7-3
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

urbanweb Posted at 7-3 15:37
This looks like the one to go for.... unless I can find a holder that’ll fit the 12.9 iPad Pro!

Not available in the uk. Ah well, will see if there’s a version available here.
2020-7-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

urbanweb Posted at 7-3 15:53
Not available in the uk. Ah well, will see if there’s a version available here.

Well, maybe... Try this one, claims to ship to the UK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Ze ... SwdJFe~kKs#shpCntId
2020-7-3
Use props
1piotr13
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi
I'm new to drons and everything related to it. In the near future I want to buy Mavic Air 2 and for now I only observe forum entries to learn everything about MA2. When I buy this dron I want to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet. Is it good for MA2 ? This device is built in with Wi-Fi only (no LTE), do I need 3G or 4G data connection ? is this processor in my Samsung tablet not to slow or is there enough amount of RAM memory ?

Thank You
2020-7-4
Use props
fans0252a390
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using the Huawei Mediatab M3 Lite 8, pretty please with it.
2020-7-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

1piotr13 Posted at 7-4 00:44
Hi
I'm new to drons and everything related to it. In the near future I want to buy Mavic Air 2 and for now I only observe forum entries to learn everything about MA2. When I buy this dron I want to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet. Is it good for MA2 ? This device is built in with Wi-Fi only (no LTE), do I need 3G or 4G data connection ? is this processor in my Samsung tablet not to slow or is there enough amount of RAM memory ?

I cannot answer most of your questions. But you do not need cell coverage to fly. It might be helpful to have that for the maps however. Neither of my tablets are set to use cell service.
2020-7-7
Use props
1piotr13
lvl.2

Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-7 18:19
I cannot answer most of your questions. But you do not need cell coverage to fly. It might be helpful to have that for the maps however. Neither of my tablets are set to use cell service.

Do I need cell service for the maps ? I thought GPS will do
2020-7-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GPS only gives you the position coordinates. It still needs something for a display. I think a lot of folks here know how to download the maps while in WiFi range. I have not needed to do that yet.
2020-7-8
Use props
1piotr13
lvl.2

Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-8 06:37
GPS only gives you the position coordinates. It still needs something for a display. I think a lot of folks here know how to download the maps while in WiFi range. I have not needed to do that yet.

Thank You
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_OWyR5ceSXNRA
New
Flight distance : 14442 ft
Australia

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 7-1 02:04
I am using the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S6 so far the best tablet for Android.

Just purchased a DJI Mavic Air 2  (Fly More Combo). Still haven't flown it yet. Been doing Video Tutorials and observed the advantages of using a Tablet instead of a Mobile phone.  I currently have a Samsung S9+ but am observing that I really need to keep the Mobile away from Navigation tasks and other Mobile Apps.

I have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy TAB S6 and was delighted when I came across your post in this forum and would welcome other words of wisdom.
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules