1560 16 2020-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nunofmadeira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64213 ft
Portugal

106093380_10217666323470206_6369619811630950756_o.jpg

This weekend I was doing the first flights with MA2 and on several flights, the message "Aircraft not connected to RC" appeared.
It happened both at 30 meters and 100 meters and always with RC pointing to the drone, without obstacles, and with the transmission signal at the most.

The cell phone screen was simply black and white and frozen with the message in red (this is the print screen of the log).

in none of the cases, it seems to have automatically activated the RTH, but in one of the times I activated it myself and it corresponded while the cell phone's display continued with the error message and without being able to see the image in real-time.

I have a Xiaomi Mi A1 with DJI Fly v1.1.5(763-googleplay) and I have everything else updated with the latest versions.

Where might the problem be?
In Remote Controller?
In the aircraft?
On the mobile phone?
Is there any other LOG that I can analyze to understand why RC lost connection with the aircraft so many times?

Aircraft firmware v01.00.250
RC firmware 01.00.0250
App version 1.1.5
Cache When Recording Deactivated
Definition: Smooth
Frequency Dual-band
Channel Mode Auto

2020-6-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Since you were able to control your AC from RC while the screen was frozen, the most likely culprit is your mobile.Reinstall DJI Fly app and try again.

Mirek

2020-6-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see your mobile device on the approved list. Is it approved by DJI? I have used some unapproved devices that are ok at times, but not others.
2020-6-29
Use props
nunofmadeira
lvl.1
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 6-29 19:25
I don't see your mobile device on the approved list. Is it approved by DJI? I have used some unapproved devices that are ok at times, but not others.

No, my mobile phone is not on the compatible list, but I can't find any requirements regarding the App.
I see "old" mobile devices in the list and only a few newer models.

What should be the main requirement of the mobile? RAM?
2020-6-30
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nunofmadeira Posted at 6-30 01:01
No, my mobile phone is not on the compatible list, but I can't find any requirements regarding the App.
I see "old" mobile devices in the list and only a few newer models.

Have you tried with a different phone/ tablet, that would isolate the problem to your phone ?
2020-6-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ensure WiFI and bluetooth is disabled and that all other apps are shut down in the background. If that is already the case then it is simply a case that your device is not compatible to use the Fly App which requires 64 bit.
2020-6-30
Use props
nunofmadeira
lvl.1
Portugal

Thank you all for your feedback.

This weekend I'll try with one iPhone 6S to see if the problem is on my mobile phone. The iPhone 6S is in the approved list by DJI.

I'll come back later to give feedback.
2020-7-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your description of the problem seems to point to either the phone or the cable to it. Unfortunately, the error message says it is a bad link from the drone to the remote (RC), but that is not always the case. You will get the same error message when the problem is with the link from the phone to the remote. Since there was no automatic RTH and you were able to control the drone via the RTH command, that indicates that the link from the drone to the RC was ok.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_BVERIy6lQwIU
New

Pakistan

nunofmadeira Posted at 7-1 13:13

This weekend I'll try with one iPhone 6S to see if the problem is on my mobile phone. The iPhone 6S is in the approved list by DJI.

Hello nonuf.. i also face the these type of issue can you tell me how to solve it please
2020-7-26
Use props
fans2e47b22f
lvl.1
Portugal

I haven't solved it yet.
I've read several reports that it could be a problem with the USB cable and so I bought a new one, but I haven't tried it yet.
I hope to have availability in the next few days to test it. I will give feedback
2020-7-28
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

It happen to me once in a while. For me, it is between the cable and my iPhone.  There is a little problem with my lightning connector...
2020-7-28
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-1 19:28
Your description of the problem seems to point to either the phone or the cable to it. Unfortunately, the error message says it is a bad link from the drone to the remote (RC), but that is not always the case. You will get the same error message when the problem is with the link from the phone to the remote. Since there was no automatic RTH and you were able to control the drone via the RTH command, that indicates that the link from the drone to the RC was ok.

I think the message you get when the RC is not connected to the mobile device is "RC not connected".  I get that when the plug into the phone gets bumped.  Try it by unplugging your phone.
2020-7-28
Use props
fans2e47b22f
lvl.1
Portugal

Today I flew about 5 batteries and I didn't have the error I had before

What I did was buy a new cable (it's not from DJI because it was sold out, but the one I bought at Amazon said it was for Mavic Air 2, and I took the risk)

At least today it didn't give the error luckily (the phone only blocked once, but because it was receiving video to cache, after deactivation it didn't block anymore and even when it blocked it didn't show up a lost connection message)

Tomorrow I'll try to make some more flights and if there's a change I'll give feedback
2020-8-5
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Approved device is recommended and already tested for compatibility  
2020-8-5
Use props
fans2e47b22f
lvl.1
Portugal

Vendex Posted at 8-5 12:02
Approved device is recommended and already tested for compatibility

ok, but there are a hundred devices on the market and DJI only tested a few... and the list was updated long ago I believe...
2020-8-5
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

fans2e47b22f Posted at 8-5 12:06
ok, but there are a hundred devices on the market and DJI only tested a few... and the list was updated long ago I believe...

Top quality devices
2020-8-9
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

nunofmadeira Posted at 7-1 13:13

I use a 6S plus all the time, its never been an issue. Solid.
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules