Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FLIGHT DISTANCE AND SIGNAL
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CHRISBATTISTA
lvl.1

United States

I picked up a used P3P and i've been out with it twice to a local park and can only get about 1650ft from my location before i start losing video reception.
not sure if small city interference is the cause, or if i need to adjust some settings. the unit responds to controls just fine, it is the video that i lose.

most "distance" flight videos i see are very rural, so i wonder if this kind of distance i should expect down town suburb.

on the map i stand at the 0 marker and fly the bee line over the trees to the opposite corner of the park where video starts to break up and I get it back on the way back toward me.
acwsnip.JPG
2020-6-30
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Try better in a open field.  Avoid city . cars ,edifices.etc  i got near 5 kms with muy PHántom 3 SE in a open field at 160 meters  altitude.

2020-6-30
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Spain

I would increase height at same time you get distance for a better RC reception . aim correctly also
2020-6-30
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Spain

2020-6-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

And you're sure the trees aren't blocking the signal?
2020-6-30
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

What altitude are you flying at?  Although the terrain is reasonably flat in your map, the trees range between 3-7 metres in height.  If you are flying low, the trees can cause signal blockage between the transmitter and the aircraft.  Try to keep an uninterrupted line of sight between the transmitter antenna and the legs of the aircraft.  Try ascending to a higher altitude.  This will give you the best range.  Also be mindful of how you "aim" the antenna on the controller.
2020-7-1
Use props
CHRISBATTISTA
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all.  I thought with the frequency band it would be more forgiving of the trees that short of a range. i'm gonna head out to the fields and see what changes.     thanks again for the advice.
2020-7-1
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

CHRISBATTISTA Posted at 7-1 09:58
Thank you all.  I thought with the frequency band it would be more forgiving of the trees that short of a range. i'm gonna head out to the fields and see what changes.     thanks again for the advice.

All radio signals require clear line-of-sight without obstruction to get from A to B.     Sometimes you are lucky and they bounce off things to find an alternative path, but often they are lost or badly degraded.  The flight control signals will be more forgiving than the live video stream.  The video will be the first to show breaking up.  A close examination of your flight record may show the odd telemetry data for 100ms or so is missing here and there.  This isn't particularly critical for flight if it resumes without error shortly after, in fact it won't even be noticeable.  Video on the other hand will start to show glitches, and humans are particularly attuned to noticing these visual aberations.  I can see a stuck pixel on my fullHD laptop screen and it really annoys me.  That's one dot out of six million, and it's really noticeable, even at more than arm's length! *

* That's one stuck red dot, out of a 3 dot RGB triplet, which makes up a single pixel.  There are over two million pixels on a HD screen (1920x1080=2,073,600), each made up of 3 dots, so there are 3x2million dots~=6million.
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Signal interference come in different forms some are power cables, metals or radio towers. Kindly please try flying the said drone in a different location to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-2
Use props
cheddar-man
First Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

2.4Ghz is basically line of sight communications, very prone to interference/blocking by just about anything. AS has been said, climb up higher to reestablish video link. I've happily flown more than a mile.
2020-7-3
Use props
CHRISBATTISTA
lvl.1

United States

Just wanted to say THANK YOU again for the tips, I  made it almost a mile (4600ft) over the local lake this weekend. Now realize how important line of sight is.

2020-7-6
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Spain

CHRISBATTISTA Posted at 7-6 07:47
Just wanted to say THANK YOU again for the tips, I  made it almost a mile (4600ft) over the local lake this weekend. Now realize how important line of sight is.

https://youtu.be/LFaEneykl5A

Nice to hear you solved it
2020-7-6
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Spain

cheddar-man Posted at 7-3 00:34
2.4Ghz is basically line of sight communications, very prone to interference/blocking by just about anything. AS has been said, climb up higher to reestablish video link. I've happily flown more than a mile.

climb up higher to reestablish video link. Spot On
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules