2020-7-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

A J Posted at 7-2 08:37
Very comprehensive comparison.

Why compare different Price Class drones? Compare drones in the same price range.
2020-7-2
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ralle Posted at 7-2 12:22
Why compare different Price Class drones? Compare drones in the same price range.

Yeah, a bit silly really. The Air is almost 3 times the cost of the mini.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well firstly ask the OP that question as he did the comparison but there will be some people out there with a grand to blow on a drone who may not want to spend that much so videos like this present information to help those on the fence between two purchases make an informed choice.

The MM and MA2 are the current offerings from DJI with price tags under a grand so it makes sense to me. Also those who already own the MM may want to upgrade to the MA2 but would like to see what the differences are between the two drones to gauge if it is worth their while buying.  

Comparison videos are quite popular in the drone community. Billy Kyle just compared the MA2 to the M2P which is double the price of the MA2 and it showed how much bang for buck the MA2 offers for the price. His conclusion said it all: "The Mavic Air 2 is half the price of the Mavic 2 Pro but definately not half the drone whilst the Mavic Air 2 is double the price of the Mavic Mini but three times the drone".
2020-7-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I don't think it's three time the drone. They serve very different purpose. Here in Canada it's 650$ for the Mini et 1400$ for the Air2, so at 650$ the Mini is already expensive, the 1400$ makes it a lot more expensive, not just double, but a lot! that's 750$ + taxes more, so it's 862$ more.
2020-7-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-2 12:35
Well firstly ask the OP that question as he did the comparison but there will be some people out there with a grand to blow on a drone who may not want to spend that much so videos like this present information to help those on the fence between two purchases make an informed choice.

The MM and MA2 are the current offerings from DJI with price tags under a grand so it makes sense to me. Also those who already own the MM may want to upgrade to the MA2 but would like to see what the differences are between the two drones to gauge if it is worth their while buying.  

Information on their features can be found on the website of each drone manufacturer.Also in the same price range,which will allow you to make a purchase decision.I think it would be interesting to make a comprehensive comparison of drones in the same price range.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-2 14:33
Information on their features can be found on the website of each drone manufacturer.Also in the same price range,which will allow you to make a purchase decision.I think it would be interesting to make a comprehensive comparison of drones in the same price range.

I know - I've bought 12 DJI drones. But the problem is that the Mini is so cheap there is nothing else in DJI's price range to compare it to. And after all, people tend to watch videos to get an unbiased, first person perspective rather than base purchasing decisions on just brand marketing - but each to their own eh.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daniella3d Posted at 7-2 14:27
I don't think it's three time the drone. They serve very different purpose. Here in Canada it's 650$ for the Mini et 1400$ for the Air2, so at 650$ the Mini is already expensive, the 1400$ makes it a lot more expensive, not just double, but a lot! that's 750$ + taxes more, so it's 862$ more.

That's Billy Kyles words based on his extensive experience flying the MM, MA2 and M2P. How do you find flying the MA2? And in the UK the Mavic Mini is £369. The Mavic Air 2 is £769. That's practically double. In the US it's $400 for the MM and $800 for the MA2 - exactly double and even less than double as a fly more combo in the US.
2020-7-2
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

...it'll probably give the Mini cry-babies some ideas for REQUESTS of the MA2 features they want for FREE on the little bird
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1cafe718 Posted at 7-2 14:49
...it'll probably give the Mini cry-babies some ideas for REQUESTS of the MA2 features they want for FREE on the little bird

I only just found out that the Mavic Mini doesn't even have a cooling fan to keep it cool when on the ground doing updates etc... Wow! May be they should add that to the mix of requests. If only people were as thorough in their research as Ralle
2020-7-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-2 14:44
That's Billy Kyles words based on his extensive experience flying the MM, MA2 and M2P. How do you find flying the MA2? And in the UK the Mavic Mini is £369. The Mavic Air 2 is £769. That's practically double. In the US it's $400 for the MM and $800 for the MA2 - exactly double and even less than double as a fly more combo in the US.

Yuneec Mantis Q -nelikopteri X-pack, Parrot Anafi , Hubsan Zino 2 LEAS 2.0 GPS 8KM 5G WiFi FPV with 4K 60fps UHD Camera 3-axis Gimbal RC Drone Quadcopter RTF - Without Storage Bag One Battery.Here are a few drones near the mini price range.Or just DJI drones can judge each other?
2020-7-2
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You get what you pay for with DJI drones. The right drone for you really just comes down to budget. The more you spend the better the drone. That said though, if I did eventually get a MA2 I would still keep the mini. I think the mini is a great travel drone and even just as something light and small to take around with you. I don't think I would ever get rid of mine.
2020-7-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-2 15:00
I only just found out that the Mavic Mini doesn't even have a cooling fan to keep it cool when on the ground doing updates etc... Wow! May be they should add that to the mix of requests. If only people were as thorough in their research as Ralle

2020-7-2
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

A J Posted at 7-2 15:00
I only just found out that the Mavic Mini doesn't even have a cooling fan to keep it cool when on the ground doing updates etc... Wow! May be they should add that to the mix of requests. If only people were as thorough in their research as Ralle

2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-2 15:22
Yuneec Mantis Q -nelikopteri X-pack, Parrot Anafi , Hubsan Zino 2 LEAS 2.0 GPS 8KM 5G WiFi FPV with 4K 60fps UHD Camera 3-axis Gimbal RC Drone Quadcopter RTF - Without Storage Bag One Battery.Here are a few drones near the mini price range.Or just DJI drones can judge each other?

On a DJI forum? I'd say just DJI drones would be appropriate, wouldn't you. And besides, if you are so anti comparison videos then why watch a video on here titled 'Mavic Air Vs Mavic Mini' and even bother to comment? Surely you would ignore such a thread, right...
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

22340179 Posted at 7-2 15:24
You get what you pay for with DJI drones. The right drone for you really just comes down to budget. The more you spend the better the drone. That said though, if I did eventually get a MA2 I would still keep the mini. I think the mini is a great travel drone and even just as something light and small to take around with you. I don't think I would ever get rid of mine.

It's always good to have options in the bag. And yes, DJI control 77% of the entire global consumer drone market for good reason. People don't compare what was it - ah yes - the Yuneec Mantis as hardly anyone would waste their time watching. Why have cotton when you can have silk.
2020-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ralle Posted at 7-2 15:22
Yuneec Mantis Q -nelikopteri X-pack, Parrot Anafi , Hubsan Zino 2 LEAS 2.0 GPS 8KM 5G WiFi FPV with 4K 60fps UHD Camera 3-axis Gimbal RC Drone Quadcopter RTF - Without Storage Bag One Battery.Here are a few drones near the mini price range.Or just DJI drones can judge each other?

I'll save you some time, the rest of those (excluding the Anafi) are pretty much junk!  Don't waste your money on them.  
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Justin Case 7. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative comparison video of the DJI Mavic Air 2 with the DJI Mavic Mini. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-7-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-2 15:51
It's always good to have options in the bag. And yes, DJI control 77% of the entire global consumer drone market for good reason. People don't compare what was it - ah yes - the Yuneec Mantis as hardly anyone would waste their time watching. Why have cotton when you can have silk.

Take it easy, this is just my opinion .DjI is my God too
2020-7-2
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

KlooGee Posted at 7-2 16:16
I'll save you some time, the rest of those (excluding the Anafi) are pretty much junk!  Don't waste your money on them.

The estimate would be good in the same price range so that the ignorant do not buy junk ?
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-2 22:19
Take it easy, this is just my opinion .DjI is my God too

I'm not the one combusting because someone did a comparison video that my little mind can not possibly comprehend - I'm actually the one laughing pal.
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-2 22:44
The estimate would be good in the same price range so that the ignorant do not buy junk ?

You scratch your head a lot don't you!
2020-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice video comparison
2020-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-7-3
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Nice video thanks. I had the same opinion looking at all the videos out. The specs of the MA2 are impressive and it's the drone to go unless like me the 250gr limit is the main reason in a drone for travel. I will stay with the MM as a travel drone.

Also, I could consider buying the MA2 just to fly in my country if it had both Air Sense and most important an EASA C1 classification. The current MA2 when the new EASA rules come into force will be a legacy drone with a lot of limitations in operation comparing with a MA2 C1 purchased after the rules come into force. I believe the weight class and operational restrictions for legacy drones change at 500gr and C1 class drones are up to 900gr.
2020-7-3
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-3 00:26
You scratch your head a lot don't you!

As much as you. Don’t be bitter about opinion, it’s just opinion
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-3 06:49
As much as you. Don’t be bitter about opinion, it’s just opinion

And don't be bitter about what subject people wish to make a video on - even if their findings make you feel inferior because you can only afford entry level. You'll find life to be a lot easier when you are more tolerant of others and their right to express themselves how they wish. I challenged your 'opinion' because your opinion undermined Justins video by telling him (through me for some very bizarre reason as not even my video) that he should only compare drones that are priced the same. Happy scratching
2020-7-3
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

A J Posted at 7-3 07:16
And don't be bitter about what subject people wish to make a video on - even if their findings make you feel inferior because you can only afford entry level. You'll find life to be a lot easier when you are more tolerant of others and their right to express themselves how they wish. I challenged your 'opinion' because your opinion undermined Justins video by telling him (through me for some very bizarre reason as not even my video) that he should only compare drones that are priced the same. Happy scratching

huh?
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahahahahaha - probably another flying nun
2020-7-3
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

A J Posted at 7-3 08:15
Hahahahahaha - probably another flying nun

hahaha...or Bewitched
bewitchedbanner-e1550640978117.png
2020-7-3
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-3 07:16
And don't be bitter about what subject people wish to make a video on - even if their findings make you feel inferior because you can only afford entry level. You'll find life to be a lot easier when you are more tolerant of others and their right to express themselves how they wish. I challenged your 'opinion' because your opinion undermined Justins video by telling him (through me for some very bizarre reason as not even my video) that he should only compare drones that are priced the same. Happy scratching

Why compare different Price Class drones? Compare drones in the same price range.The first sentence was a question.Another opinion.Apparently you don't understand what you're reading,You can only blame it on yourself, I will participate and I can support you if you have been bullied as a child Safe flying for you my friend!!!!! I Love you I Love Justin
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1cafe718 Posted at 7-3 09:34
hahaha...or Bewitched

2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-3 10:59
Why compare different Price Class drones? Compare drones in the same price range.The first sentence was a question.Another opinion.Apparently you don't understand what you're reading,You can only blame it on yourself, I will participate and I can support you if you have been bullied as a child Safe flying for you my friend!!!!! I Love you I Love Justin

Still scratching I see
2020-7-3
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-3 11:43
Still scratching I see

Good if it makes it easier for you!Keep in mind, I support you
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-3 12:04
Good if it makes it easier for you!Keep in mind, I support you

I support you too Scratchy - you're fun.
2020-7-3
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Finland

A J Posted at 7-3 12:09
I support you too Scratchy - you're fun.

Thank you ! I know you’re basically a good person, even if you’re doing this now,  sich allein zu Hause in Unterhosen betrinken.
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ralle Posted at 7-3 12:29
Thank you ! I know you’re basically a good person, even if you’re doing this now,  sich allein zu Hause in Unterhosen betrinken.

Ich wünschte - glaube nicht, dass meine Frau am besten zufrieden wäre
2020-7-3
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

A J Posted at 7-3 12:32
Ich wünschte - glaube nicht, dass meine Frau am besten zufrieden wäre

wha..???
2020-7-3
Use props