wondering who already pre ordered???
4166 34 2014-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

i am wondering who from us already ordered the inspire and who not and what is the main reason of the no?{:3_57:}
2014-11-19
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

me not yet, because of uncertain camera future.
2014-11-19
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

but sitting with credit card in front of screen...
2014-11-19
Use props
dfeakins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can't  wait for ours

David
www.rcgeeks.co.uk
2014-11-20
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

not yet readyyyyyyyy
2014-11-20
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

I did, but I waited too long to miss the first round of pre-orders. :p

I'm probably overstepping my bounds a bit as I'm still pretty new to the world of drones, although I have flown R/C for many years.  I held off on getting a nice P2-FPV package for a long time, and I'm glad I did.  Putting together a nice FPV package with the P2 was going to run up to around the $2k mark or more anyway.  It was worth it to me to spend the extra money for a nice turnkey platform.  I'm not planning on using it for professional purposes...yet.  It is a small goal of mine to develop my flying and photography skills to maybe one day turn it into a business venture.  If anything is going to make that goal easier to achieve, it's the Inspire 1.
2014-11-20
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

I ordered mine on the 18th from an authorized dealer.  Looking forward to it.  
2014-11-20
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

ETDroneHome Posted at 2014-11-21 00:20
I did, but I waited too long to miss the first round of pre-orders. :p

I'm probably overstepping my ...

What did you mean by "Waited too long to miss the first round of pre-orders"?  I ordered mine on the 18th from an authorized dealer and they didn't say anything about missing the preorder window.  Just curious.
2014-11-20
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

Round 1 of pre-orders had an estimated shipping date of 2014-12-01.  I ordered directly from DJI on the 17th.  At that time (and it still does) it said, "Round 2 pre-orders have begun. Orders in this round will ship on or around 2014-12-15."

It could be that you are still on the Dec. 1st ship date.  The authorized dealer you bought it from probably has a reserved stock from DJI that had not been sold out.  That's my guess and if so, lucky you.   I didn't think about ordering from somewhere else (just in case there may be some added delay using a middleman).
2014-11-20
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't work for DJI, so this could be wrong...  Drone production only happens at a rate of X per day/week, and there was enough initial interest/demand immediately after the announcement that between DJI Direct orders, and orders placed by authorized dealers, that the initial stock of available Inspires (those made since production started and the initial estimated Shipment date of December 1st) has exceeded production capacity, that is why DJI now indicates "round two" will ship on/around Dec 15th (Orders filled in the "order" they are received.... Hopefully your dealer ordered a block of Inspires that he didn't already have "sold", and you get one of those...   This is going to be the BEST Christmas EVER
2014-11-20
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Mine only stated order will ship 21 days after payment received. There was no mention of a 1st or 2nd round. I ordered on the 16th.
2014-11-20
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

seems i have to think..
2014-11-20
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

Mine is ready to collect, but I'm waiting to hear what DJI is doing about a Follow Me function, and they don't even care to answer..
2014-11-21
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

And no App....(IOS)
2014-11-21
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I preordered on November 13th within a few hours of the launch. The web site said that it would ship within 21 days, if that is true it should ship around Dec 4th.
2014-11-21
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

cool guys, wish you loads of luck... if you pass in bali, let me know..
2014-11-21
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

Ordered thru B&H today.
2014-11-22
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

bravissimo...
2014-11-22
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm on the second round of orders, too. I'd love to order the higher capacity battery too but they apparently are not taking orders for them yet.

I've had a P2V+ for the past nine months and loved it until it flew away forever and never came back. So I'm hoping the longer range of the Inspire will reduce the risk of that happening again. Check our my YouTube flight videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSqoJ2e2LrUKVJ044X9BEaQ
2014-11-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Ordered and cancelled after seeing the launch event and the Octofilms video
2014-11-23
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out this video from Tahoe Ed...  
2014-11-23
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

thx for video but still looks not really professional, specially in tilt dx-sx... :@ we r talking 3000 us..
2014-11-23
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 1 looks like a great machine.  I'd like to try it out but I'm looking for you guys who bought it first to do some reviews.

I love the Phantom 2, specifically the size, and the ability to use a GoPro Camera (I love the Hero 4).  I wonder if there will be a backpack for the Inspire 1 that will allow you to bring it on hikes and take it to remote places because I enjoy bringing the Phantom 2 around Hawaii and filming in spots that would be tough to carry a large hard case.

I've seen people post about the price being too high, but I spent around $2k on each of my Phantom 2's to get them customized the way I wanted so this new machine's price doesn't seem unreasonable at least for the brand new product.  

Please post your reviews of the Inspire 1 when you get it and if I pick one up, I'll do the same!  

Scott
http://www.youtube.com/doctorrennie

2014-11-24
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

My pre order is going in right after T day!!
2014-11-24
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Heck, I placed my order just now cant wait !!
2014-11-24
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

I have ordered today was originaly looking at phantom but I think the new remote and longer range are important as well as having less distorted image. I plan to use 1080p for most projects  
2014-11-26
Use props
kennyj17
lvl.1

United States

I've heard from a dealer that DJI having trouble finding material to make the inspire 1.
Is this true?
2014-12-2
Use props
doering
lvl.1

Canada

kennyj17@att.ne Posted at 2014-12-3 03:50
I've heard from a dealer that DJI having trouble finding material to make the inspire 1.
Is this tru ...

They are redesigning the lens and incorporating a lens hood. This quote is from DJI:
"Hey guys,
I apologize for the shipment delay.
Actually we do have encountered some problems in production.
The worst one is the lens. The original design is lens + filter glass.
But we found that when the sun is not appeared in the filed of view, the sun light will affect the image quality.
Engineers advised to accept the result because it is just one case and will be ok in 90% of  applications.
But the product manager disagreed. He insisted that the  camera is the key point of the inspire 1.
We should do something to make things better.
So we decided to add lens hood onto the camera.
And you can find out the camera on website is different with the introduction video.
It is a big change and the date is close to release.
However,there are a lot of work to do.
Redesigned the camera within limited weight and room.
Changed the design of lens.
Made the plastic molding which is 20 days in general and we compressed it down to 15 days.
Test and so on.
The shipment date was estimated to the end of November if everything goes well.
But unfortunately, troubles happend time by time.

We have to inform you the delay info reluctantly.
Please believe that we are doing our best to get it done.
We are more anxious than you."

2014-12-2
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I pre-ordered quite a while ago...just after the 11-12-14 release. I am following Tahoe-Ed closely....I followed him when he was testing the Vision Ground Station firmware. I like his reviews because he doesn't speculate and he doesn't make false promises.
2014-12-6
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

thats why i waited ordering..
2014-12-7
Use props
lboria
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just pre-ordered from Andoroma, patiently awaiting a shipment notification.
2014-12-8
Use props
tucano
New

Brazil

Preordered from B&H november 11th
2014-12-10
Use props
tucano
New

Brazil

Preordered from B&H november 11th