12Next >
1343 50 2020-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33942267 ft
United Kingdom

Its been pretty boring with the wind not allowing me to fly, so thought I'd paste one of the flights in here....Enjoy.....Really considering buying a heavier drone....
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Impressive footage there NiNo. The Mavic Mini looks like it held its own in that urban area. If you want somewhere safer to fly with less risk of the police tapping you on the shoulder then head up to Trent Park on a quiet morning. And I'd highly recommend the Mavic Air 2 if you're considering an upgrade to a heavier drone. Good work
2020-7-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-7-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Footage looks great, thanks for sharing this
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NiNo Brown. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this amazing video you have filmed over Edmonton North London. Great work and fly safe always.
2020-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS.  I subscribed to your channel,  feel free to checkout mine - http://www.youtube.com/DAflys
2020-7-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

and people in the UK wonder why drones have such a bad reputation, are you even aware of the Drone Code?
2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-2 13:32
Impressive footage there NiNo. The Mavic Mini looks like it held its own in that urban area. If you want somewhere safer to fly with less risk of the police tapping you on the shoulder then head up to Trent Park on a quiet morning. And I'd highly recommend the Mavic Air 2 if you're considering an upgrade to a heavier drone. Good work

Thanks for that, I have been up to Trent Park quite a few times....it just gets boring flying in the same spots, so got 2 weeks off soon so hoping to drive out  a bit further....
2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 01:29
PS.  I subscribed to your channel,  feel free to checkout mine - http://www.youtube.com/DAflys

Thanks very much, I returned the favor
2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 01:05
Hello there NiNo Brown. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this amazing video you have filmed over Edmonton North London. Great work and fly safe always.

Thanks, wish you the same....
2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I see we have drone police in the house,
2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 7-3 02:28
and people in the UK wonder why drones have such a bad reputation, are you even aware of the Drone Code?

Why??  what did I do wrong?
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-3 02:29
Thanks for that, I have been up to Trent Park quite a few times....it just gets boring flying in the same spots, so got 2 weeks off soon so hoping to drive out  a bit further....

Cool - I agree, it does get boring flying in the same spots. There are plenty of awesome locations up in Hertfordshire or try South Downs National park south of London. Hastings country park, Norfolk, the Chilterns - loads of places mate. The Lake District is also very relaxed for drone flying if you want to travel further north.
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-3 02:42
Why??  what did I do wrong?

I don't have time for 'drone police' either mate but to be fair he does have a point. You could get into a lot of bother with the law flying there. Thats kind of why the areas I recommended won't end up with you being a court case waiting to happen. Have a read through the attached - it's up to you what you do of course but at least you now know if you have the law on your side or not.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code

2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-3 06:59
I don't have time for 'drone police' either mate but to be fair he does have a point. You could get into a lot of bother with the law flying there. Thats kind of why the areas I recommended won't end up with you being a court case waiting to happen. Have a read through the attached - it's up to you what you do of course but at least you now know if you have the law on your side or not.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code

Noted thanks for that....
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-3 07:25
Noted thanks for that....

No worries - not policing your flights mate - just helping to make sure nobody else does either.
2020-7-3
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-3 07:28
No worries - not policing your flights mate - just helping to make sure nobody else does either.

Totally understand, I guess I read somewhere that you could fly from your back garden and just ran with that, from now strictly parks....
2020-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-3 14:01
Totally understand, I guess I read somewhere that you could fly from your back garden and just ran with that, from now strictly parks....

Enjoy the drone mate - you can fly at areas other than just parks - for example beaches, farm lands, points of interest. Just be mindful of flying over congested areas. Think what could happen if your drone failed in flight and fell like a brick to the ground - could the crash injure someone or damage their property below the drone. If the answer is yes then perhaps you should consider a safer location. Edmonton is safe to fly according to NATS drone assist so it is not a strict NFZ in terms of air traffic control which is why you can take off there but the drone code is also designed to protect the safety of the people below.
2020-7-4
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-4 00:31
Enjoy the drone mate - you can fly at areas other than just parks - for example beaches, farm lands, points of interest. Just be mindful of flying over congested areas. Think what could happen if your drone failed in flight and fell like a brick to the ground - could the crash injure someone or damage their property below the drone. If the answer is yes then perhaps you should consider a safer location. Edmonton is safe to fly according to NATS drone assist so it is not a strict NFZ in terms of air traffic control which is why you can take off there but the drone code is also designed to protect the safety of the people below.

Thanks for that....
2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-4 01:44
Thanks for that....

No probs - this is what can happen at any time with a drone

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2020-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-3 02:30
Thanks very much, I returned the favor

thanks.
2020-7-5
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ordered MA2 today, and will be sticking to parks and other places from now....
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-5 10:04
Ordered MA2 today, and will be sticking to parks and other places from now....

Good for you and many congrats - it's a great drone! BTW if you bought the fly more combo do not use the hub to charge the batteries for the first time. Put each battery on the charger seperately to fully recharge them. Then download and install the latest firmware on the drone and insync the firmware to the remaining fully charged batteries. Once the firmware is synced you can start using the hub to recharge the batteries.
2020-7-5
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown, I realise that it seems you were unaware of the rules and, fair play to you, you seem to have taken the comments on board but can I suggest you delete the video from youtube.
2020-7-5
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-5 11:03
NiNo Brown, I realise that it seems you were unaware of the rules and, fair play to you, you seem to have taken the comments on board but can I suggest you delete the video from youtube.

Thanks very much, I'll definitely consider making it private....like you said, I was just unaware of the rules...but I don't break the laws, so will make sure that from now, it's a different situation entirely, live and learn I guess....
2020-7-5
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-5 10:15
Good for you and many congrats - it's a great drone! BTW if you bought the fly more combo do not use the hub to charge the batteries for the first time. Put each battery on the charger seperately to fully recharge them. Then download and install the latest firmware on the drone and insync the firmware to the remaining fully charged batteries. Once the firmware is synced you can start using the hub to recharge the batteries.

Thanks very much for that, definitely look forward to its arrival tomorrow, can see Trent Park on the cards tomorrow evening....will be nice to get some range at last, although wind will still be a factor I guess...
2020-7-5
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deleting it would be better than making it private
2020-7-5
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-5 11:32
Deleting it would be better than making it private

Done now.....
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-5 11:24
Thanks very much for that, definitely look forward to its arrival tomorrow, can see Trent Park on the cards tomorrow evening....will be nice to get some range at last, although wind will still be a factor I guess...

Honestly - you could almost fly the MA2 to Trent Park from Edmonton lol - not that I recommend it It has an exceptional range but be sure that there are no obstructions blocking the signal between the drone and remote and keep the top of the device holder (which is actually a patch antenna) pointed directly at the drone at all times in flight. The max range is 6KM on the MA2 in CE compliant areas (UK) - though you legally must be able to see the drone at all times that its in the air but use your discretion.

As for wind speeds - that is one major improvement you will notice over the Mini - the MA2 can handle winds of 30mph but don't expect a long flight time in such winds. In light wind landing on 15% you'll typically get 25-30 minutes. Any probs just PM me on here or reply to me on this thread.
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And don't forget you need to pass the CAA competency test to get your flyer ID then register yourself as a drone operator with the CAA - then put your operator ID on the drone and print off the email from the CAA with your Flyer ID and put it in your drone bag - £1,000 fine if a copper asks to see it and you don't have it as the MA2 weighs more than 250g. Suggest you doing that now before the drone arrives. Use my link in post number 21 and follow the CAA instructions. Registration costs £9 for 12 months and taking the test is free and valid for 3 years.
2020-7-5
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-5 12:14
Honestly - you could almost fly the MA2 to Trent Park from Edmonton lol - not that I recommend it  It has an exceptional range but be sure that there are no obstructions blocking the signal between the drone and remote and keep the top of the device holder (which is actually a patch antenna) pointed directly at the drone at all times in flight. The max range is 6KM on the MA2 in CE compliant areas (UK) - though you legally must be able to see the drone at all times that its in the air but use your discretion.

As for wind speeds - that is one major improvement you will notice over the Mini - the MA2 can handle winds of 30mph but don't expect a long flight time in such winds. In light wind landing on 15% you'll typically get 25-30 minutes. Any probs just PM me on here or reply to me on this thread.

Thanks very much, it sounds good,  The Mini just wetted my appetite,  I have gone to a park in Cheshunt and it got pretty far that time, but was still limited to about 3000 feet before the signal crapped out...Then a real drone with a strobe and all flew by, it was pretty high up but looked like a phantom....I realised that my drone had limitations, both on range and wind, especially when he flew on and slowed down over us on the way back, after about 10 minutes...(lol)...so always intended to upgrade...Thanks for the tips, very much appreciated...
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-5 12:29
Thanks very much, it sounds good,  The Mini just wetted my appetite,  I have gone to a park in Cheshunt and it got pretty far that time, but was still limited to about 3000 feet before the signal crapped out...Then a real drone with a strobe and all flew by, it was pretty high up but looked like a phantom....I realised that my drone had limitations, both on range and wind, especially when he flew on and slowed down over us on the way back, after about 10 minutes...(lol)...so always intended to upgrade...Thanks for the tips, very much appreciated...

My pleasure Nino.

The only time you'll lose signal at 3,000' with the MA2 is if there is something blocking it mate.
2020-7-5
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-5 12:25
And don't forget you need to pass the CAA competency test to get your flyer ID then register yourself as a drone operator with the CAA - then put your operator ID on the drone and print off the email from the CAA with your Flyer ID and put it in your drone bag - £1,000 fine if a copper asks to see it and you don't have it as the MA2 weighs more than 250g. Suggest you doing that now before the drone arrives. Use my link in post number 21 and follow the CAA instructions. Registration costs £9 for 12 months and taking the test is free and valid for 3 years.

Already all done, I am in the office this morning so will use the label printer there to print the number out and have it ready for the arrival...
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-5 20:56
Already all done, I am in the office this morning so will use the label printer there to print the number out and have it ready for the arrival...

Make sure the font size of each number/letter is at least 3mm then fix it inside the battery compartment as it needs to be on the main body of the drone (not the batteries) where it can't fall off and is accessible at ground level without the use of tools.
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-3 02:31
Thanks, wish you the same....

Hi there NiNo Brown. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-6
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Im not sure what the video showed but isnt it drones OVER 250g that most of the UK drone laws pertain to?
2020-7-6
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 7-5 23:37
Make sure the font size of each number/letter is at least 3mm then fix it inside the battery compartment as it needs to be on the main body of the drone (not the batteries) where it can't fall off and is accessible at ground level without the use of tools.

Inside? I thought it had to be visible??
2020-7-6
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bezik Posted at 7-6 03:38
Im not sure what the video showed but isnt it drones OVER 250g that most of the UK drone laws pertain to?

No, it does make sense, even at 250g from a height can do damage to a person or property that it hits, I don't want to be responsible for that, so I'd rather play it safe...
2020-7-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NiNo Brown Posted at 7-6 06:52
Inside? I thought it had to be visible??

Without the use of tools - battery compartment is fine mate
2020-7-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules