Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI sun hood for the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller
123Next >
4133 85 2020-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Been waiting for something like this to help cut out the glare from my iPhone while flying in direct sunlight. Just ordered one.
2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool. Let us know how it works.
2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-4 04:52
Cool. Let us know how it works.

Will do mate - it'll be here on Tuesday. The antenna on the MA2 is more robust so it should hold this one in place better than the previous version did on the older Mav's.
2020-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-4 04:53
Will do mate - it'll be here on Tuesday. The antenna on the MA2 is more robust so it should hold this one in place better than the previous version did on the older Mav's.

That was the downside to using them, they tend to get in the way.
2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-4 05:12
That was the downside to using them, they tend to get in the way.

And eventually pull on the antennas which loosened them. It'll be good to see how much these actually shade the screen this time too.
2020-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-4 05:14
And eventually pull on the antennas which loosened them. It's be good to see how much these actually shade the screen this time too.

I have have only used one with my P3A, it worked but not always.
Hopefully the new ones are better.

2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-4 05:30
I have have only used one with my P3A, it worked but not always.
Hopefully the new ones are better.

I'll you know when it and the sun arrives
2020-7-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-4 05:31
I'll you know when it and the sun arrives

Sounds good my friend.
2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-4 05:36
Sounds good my friend.

2020-7-4
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I found the following article on Amazon:

MA2_Sunhood

MA2_Sunhood

2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 7-4 06:58
I found the following article on Amazon:

Cheaper but I used my DJI credits - can't beat £0
2020-7-4
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 7-4 08:19
Cheaper but I used my DJI credits - can't beat £0

that is true, however
2020-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A J. Thank you for sharing these information with us about the DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller Monitor Hood and thank you for purchasing it as well. The said remote control hood protects the screen content of the mobile phone from sunlight in strong light conditions and provides a clear picture. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said remote control hood. Again thank you for your valued support and stay safe always.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... -v2&position=11
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-5 20:47
Hello there A J. Thank you for sharing these information with us about the DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller Monitor Hood and thank you for purchasing it as well. The said remote control hood protects the screen content of the mobile phone from sunlight in strong light conditions and provides a clear picture. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the specifications of the said remote control hood. Again thank you for your valued support and stay safe always.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2-remote-controller-monitor-hood?from=search-result-v2&position=11

2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there A J. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-6 23:01
Hi there A J. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thanks Stephen - it has just been delivered and looks like it will do the job plus good to see it fits in the fly more bag. Nicely designed.
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-4 05:36
Sounds good my friend.

Arrived this morning and tried it out this afternoon on a test flight - fits like a glove on the RC and blocked all of the glare off the iPhone - perfect little design and a vast improvement over the older version on the MP. It may just be me but the signal seemed stronger too! The antenna has two little holes in the side of it and it appears DJI had designed this hood to fit them - mm precision mate! No more having to stand under a tree to see my screen. And it fits perfectly in the fly more bag too.
2020-7-7
Use props
M4cr0s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

A J Posted at 7-7 07:48
Arrived this morning and tried it out this afternoon on a test flight - fits like a glove on the RC and blocked all of the glare off the iPhone - perfect little design and a vast improvement over the older version on the MP. It may just be me but the signal seemed stronger too! The antenna has two little holes in the side of it and it appears DJI had designed this hood to fit them - mm precision mate! No more having to stand under a tree to see my screen. And it fits perfectly in the fly more bag too.

Thanks for sharing this and for your "usage report". Wish I could find this at a retailer nationally/locally, but no-one seem to carry it, not even the official Dji store in Norway. Using a makeshift sunshade atm and it looks rather wonky ;)
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M4cr0s Posted at 7-7 08:13
Thanks for sharing this and for your "usage report". Wish I could find this at a retailer nationally/locally, but no-one seem to carry it, not even the official Dji store in Norway. Using a makeshift sunshade atm and it looks rather wonky ;)

It's literally just come out - I must have one of the first ones as no DJI dealers in the UK are presently selling it. It really cuts out the glare from the screen - highly recommend once you can buy one.
2020-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks very neat, thanks for posting.
2020-7-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-7 07:48
Arrived this morning and tried it out this afternoon on a test flight - fits like a glove on the RC and blocked all of the glare off the iPhone - perfect little design and a vast improvement over the older version on the MP. It may just be me but the signal seemed stronger too! The antenna has two little holes in the side of it and it appears DJI had designed this hood to fit them - mm precision mate! No more having to stand under a tree to see my screen. And it fits perfectly in the fly more bag too.

Awesome!! That's good news
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-7 08:46
Looks very neat, thanks for posting.

Thanks mate - def worth getting
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-7 09:01
Awesome!! That's good news

2020-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 7-7 09:50
Thanks mate - def worth getting

Yeah might wait see what you think but as you say ideal for this type of controller.
2020-7-7
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

@A J
whats the maximum device size if you dont mind as theres no info on DJI store site?
thanks
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 7-7 10:28
@A J
whats the maximum device size if you dont mind as theres no info on DJI store site?
thanks

This will not work with any RC adaptor so if you're using a tablet or iPad then forget it. Otherwise any iPhone will fit or equivalent sized Android smartphone.
2020-7-7
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

A J Posted at 7-7 10:30
This will not work with any RC adaptor so if you're using a tablet or iPad then forget it. Otherwise any iPhone will fit or equivalent sized Android smartphone.

thanks mate,
flying on ipad mini5 so will need something else then
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 7-7 10:39
thanks mate,
flying on ipad mini5 so will need something else then

No probs and yes, this won't fit any iPad.
2020-7-7
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Thanks for all the info, AJ...from the photo it looks like to get any shade the RC has to be more closer to vertical than horizontal....looks like if the drone is overhead it would work great but far out and pointing the antenna to the drone, the screen would be more horizontal and in the sun.  Is the shade angle adjustable???
2020-7-7
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can definately see the advantage for this used with a phone because it is so hard to get your fingers inside a regular small hood. With a tablet, not so much. I don't like the fact that the sun reflections come though around the hood and can blind you, but it is a good trade-off for most users.

And I guess covering up the antennae that much is not a problem?

Screenshot (842) a.png
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rustic17 Posted at 7-7 18:30
Thanks for all the info, AJ...from the photo it looks like to get any shade the RC has to be more closer to vertical than horizontal....looks like if the drone is overhead it would work great but far out and pointing the antenna to the drone, the screen would be more horizontal and in the sun.  Is the shade angle adjustable???

Actually it's the polar opposite - to optimise the shade I found the RC needs to be horizontal - I had no signal issues at 8'000' yesterday. The angle is not adjustable but there is an overhead flap that is.
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-7 19:39
I can definately see the advantage for this used with a phone because it is so hard to get your fingers inside a regular small hood. With a tablet, not so much. I don't like the fact that the sun reflections come though around the hood and can blind you, but it is a good trade-off for most users.

And I guess covering up the antennae that much is not a problem?

Using my iPhone XS with it yesterday the hood completely surrounded it to the extent I could even press the buttons on the side of the phone with the hood on - no sunlight came in from either side. I peeled back the top of the hood and the glare was awful - noticeable improvement.

As mentioned previously, there was absolutely no issues with the signal in fact, it seemed to be improved somewhat. I had the drone 8,000' out with not even a loss of one bar and 2'000' in another direction stood behind a thick tree line with the drone behind me and no signal loss - on the latter I use to get signal warnings at that spot but it didn't happen with the hood on yesterday.
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

A J Posted at 7-7 01:13
Thanks Stephen - it has just been delivered and looks like it will do the job plus good to see it fits in the fly more bag. Nicely designed.

Hi there A J. Congratulations on your new accessory for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Again, thank you for your support and have a safe flight always.
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-8 00:13
Hi there A J. Congratulations on your new accessory for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Again, thank you for your support and have a safe flight always.

Thanks Stephen - it's a great accessory.  
2020-7-8
Use props
jmshelley
Flight distance : 193970 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback AJ, just purchased one from the DJI UK store.
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmshelley Posted at 7-8 01:52
Thanks for the feedback AJ, just purchased one from the DJI UK store.

Cool - it does what it says on tin. Make sure the phone is in first
2020-7-8
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

I’m in the great state of Utah and a sun shade would be most helpful.
2A991312-6535-410A-B96D-4CDB06C394A1.jpeg
2020-7-8
Use props
Renato61
First Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

If it is so useful, why Dji doesn't provide it?
2020-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renato61 Posted at 7-8 06:39
If it is so useful, why Dji doesn't provide it?

Because it won't make the drone 'fly more' - the same can be said for micro SD cards, landing pads, battery safe bags, the other set of ND filters they offer, prop guards, the car charger etc etc - if you feel these accessories will benefit you then you can buy them separately at your discretion. Including everything will bump up the price of the drone package and turn £949 to £1,200 and not everyone needs all of the accessories as anyone who flies with an iPad, for example, won't need this sun hood...
2020-7-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules