Second cameraman Mavic Air 2
1524 6 2020-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
murra_00
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everybody, my first post here!

I have a question. Can the Mavic Air 2 be connected to two phones simultaneously? I'd like to concentrate on flying while my mate take care of the camera to record video.

Thanks everybody

2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi murra_00, welcome to DJI Forum, Mavic Air 2 can only connect to one mobile device, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2020-7-5
Use props
murra_00
lvl.1
Italy

I'm very disappointed. It's the first time I hear a such high end drone can't be used with two controller. And since it should be only a software limitation, I hope a new firmware release with this feature will be released soon.
2020-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

murra_00 Posted at 7-5 23:20
I'm very disappointed. It's the first time I hear a such high end drone can't be used with two controller. And since it should be only a software limitation, I hope a new firmware release with this feature will be released soon.

Mavic 2 pro has this feature if you need it.  
2020-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

murra_00 Posted at 7-5 23:20
I'm very disappointed. It's the first time I hear a such high end drone can't be used with two controller. And since it should be only a software limitation, I hope a new firmware release with this feature will be released soon.

Mavic 2 pro has this feature if you need it.  
2020-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not at present but never say never!
2020-7-8
Use props
XbladezDW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131916 ft
United States

or a simple solution would be to  just go to a local electronic shop and get a USB type C to whatever port your phone requires cable. plug the USB-C side into the remote controller, and hand the phone to your cameraman buddy.

ie. I use a Galaxy S8 so I got myself a 6ft long USB-C to USB-C cable from a local shop, now my phone can be 6' away from the remote. (social distancing ftw) and I dont have to take my otterbox off the phone every time I want to fly as well.

2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules