o(^-^)o
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

Hi there
Hope all fine

Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to write this

I crahsed and lost my Mavic Mini like a month ago and I couldnt find it at all, so i lost almsot all my hope of finding and or that someone else finds it and return it to me.

Just wondering if someone else find it, can he use it? Maybe repair it by himself and somehow make it work with another controler?

Anyway i can see or find out if someone else is using the drone?

Hope someone has experience with this and know how to do

Thanks a lot in advance
2020-7-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just wondering if someone else find it, can he use it?
Anyone can link it to another controller.
Did you post flight data to get some help finding where it might be?
2020-7-6
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 7-6 23:45
Just wondering if someone else find it, can he use it?
Anyone can link it to another controller.
Did you post flight data to get some help finding where it might be?

Yes, i ask couple of people to help me find the drone and i shared the last location with them, but they “didn’t find it“.

So there is no way to find out if the drone has being used by other person or linked to other controller? So i just give up on it, or take a last chance to go to that area and see if i can find it.

The think is that where i lost my drone is like 6 hours by car plus 2 hours walking from where i live, and to access the area is only open mon-fri office hours,  and i right now ive been very busy, i need to ask for a complete day at work to go to find it.

So in the case there is no way to find out if the drone has been used by someone else, then i will give it a last chance to go there to search for  it

If there is a way to find out the drone has been used, then i know if i just leave it like that or see how to do from there

2020-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try posting your log - https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 00:07

Thanks a lot
Will check out later tonight when im back home so i can have access to the files
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Co-Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1064741 ft
Japan

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to check whether someone else is flying your drone. I suggest you report the loss to the police.
2020-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-7 00:47
Thanks a lot
Will check out later tonight when im back home so i can have access to the files

2020-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot

2020-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot

2020-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-6 23:57
Yes, i ask couple of people to help me find the drone and i shared the last location with them, but they “didn’t find it“.

So there is no way to find out if the drone has being used by other person or linked to other controller? So i just give up on it, or take a last chance to go to that area and see if i can find it.

There is no way to tell if it is being used.
But if you post the flight data, it might be possible for someone to work out what happened and sometimes even point you to a likely search area.
2020-7-7
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you try the "find my drone" feature in the app?
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 7-7 02:03
There is no way to tell if it is being used.
But if you post the flight data, it might be possible for someone to work out what happened and sometimes even point you to a likely search area.

Damn
Thanks for the explanation
Then i will have to gove it a last try to find it out
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-7 03:51
Did you try the "find my drone" feature in the app?

Yea, but i think the drone hit a huge rock, and then stop working imedtatly and fall down in a hill or something, i tried to find it but i was unsuccessful
Then next week two people tried to find it by the coordinates given in the app, bit didnt find anything
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Co-Pilot Posted at 7-7 00:50
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to check whether someone else is flying your drone. I suggest you report the loss to the police.

I already report ot lost to the respective authorities
But they havent called me saying someone found it hehe
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 00:07

I already tried but ot only shows the data that i have, it dont show if someone else flew the drone =(
2020-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-7 04:55
I already tried but ot only shows the data that i have, it dont show if someone else flew the drone =(

If you want someone to check that data to see if it gives any clues about where to search, you have to post the data here.
2020-7-7
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

It sure is worth going and looking for the drone again but get some of the clever guys on the group look at your flight data they may send you to a more probable area that your drone may be in if they have all of the data available to them
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 7-7 05:34
If you want someone to check that data to see if it gives any clues about where to search, you have to post the data here.

You mean post the record of the flight in this post?
How do i upload a file? It seems only can upload pictures
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Droneflier Posted at 7-7 09:07
It sure is worth going and looking for the drone again but get some of the clever guys on the group look at your flight data they may send you to a more probable area that your drone may be in if they have all of the data available to them

Yea, i will go next week with a friend to give it a last search, i really hope i can find the drone,
I have a lot of very nice footage on the sd card that i didnt save in my computer.

I also i have one doubt, as i bought the care refresh
What is the next step? Bring the drone to the store i purchased it?
What other stuff i need to give? Just the Drone with the battery? Or i need to provide all other parts from the fly more combo i purchased?

In case you know hehe.
2020-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-7 17:15
You mean post the record of the flight in this post?
How do i upload a file? It seems only can upload pictures

Yes ..
Post the .txt file that you uploaded to Phantomhelp.
It might help to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link here.
2020-7-7
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As Labroides said follow the instructions here to post the flight log

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

He will then give you a better indication of where to search, find my drone is not as accurate
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 7-7 17:59
Yes ..
Post the .txt file that you uploaded to Phantomhelp.
It might help to upload it to dropbox or similar and post a link here.

Oh ok, now i understand
Thanks a lot
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

lannes Posted at 7-7 18:07
As Labroides said follow the instructions here to post the flight log

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Thanks a lot
Just did that

This is the link to download the record or for someone else to see i think

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ISSVFL0GD3LLEAK7Z09Z
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drone Taiwan. I am sorry to read and to know that you have crashed and lost your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate issue happened and if someone got the said DJI drone it would be best to report this issue to your local authorities, and allow the authorities to run on their investigation of this incident. In addition, regretfully, we are unable to block your lost drone. Tracking it would require the aircraft to be flying when it was lost through the flight record on your DJI Fly Application. Hoping we could do more for you, we apologize. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-7 20:07
Hello there Drone Taiwan. I am sorry to read and to know that you have crashed and lost your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate issue happened and if someone got the said DJI drone it would be best to report this issue to your local authorities, and allow the authorities to run on their investigation of this incident. In addition, regretfully, we are unable to block your lost drone. Tracking it would require the aircraft to be flying when it was lost through the flight record on your DJI Fly Application. Hoping we could do more for you, we apologize. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation
=)
2020-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-7 19:06
Thanks a lot
Just did that

Your flight data shows that the drone did not blow away or run out of battery.
The Mini was in RTH and coming home at a steady 9-10 m/s 45 metres higher than your launch point, which puts it 53 metres above ground level at the last location recorded.
At 6:31.9 the Mini suddenly rolled hard 40° to the right and then 50° to the left and started violently spinning clockwise with a little pitching forward and back.
The forward speed slowed rapidly and it started to lose height before the data stopped.

Something went badly wrong at 6:31.9.
The spinning indicates one of the motors or props was lost or damaged.
We don't have enough evidence to be sure what caused this but the sudden loss of speed makes me wonder if the drone hit something.
The Mini was much higher than the terrain or any trees.
Were there any high wires in the area?
Or a bird is another possibility.

The power was lost soon after, presumably because the battery was shaken loose by the impact.
The wreckage would have tumbled to the ground somewhere around 25.12687        121.92279.
2020-7-7
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Labroides Posted at 7-7 23:09
Your flight data shows that the drone did not blow away or run out of battery.
The Mini was in RTH and coming home at a steady 9-10 m/s 45 metres higher than your launch point, which puts it 53 metres above ground level at the last location recorded.
At 6:31.9 the Mini suddenly rolled hard 40° to the right and then 50° to the left and started violently spinning clockwise with a little pitching forward and back.

Wow
Thank you very much for the detail explanation

There weren’t any trees or wires, but because was just next to the ocean maybe got hit by a bird and i didn’t see it, also because there was no connection i was not able to see what the drone was watching, so the bird can be a possibility.

Also when the drone just recovered connection it was just 1-2 seconds before the crash and i think i saw it hit a huge rock that was near by the area i assume it crashed,  but due the terrain i assume it hit the rock and then fall down heavy, maybe bounce or something, and maybe hit the rock backwards so the battery probably flew away from the drone haha.

Definitely i will look in detail that area you mentioned with a friend next week
I hope i can find the drone.

Thank you very much
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-7 21:00
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation
=)

Hi there Drone Taiwan. You are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-7-8
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-8 00:54
Hi there Drone Taiwan. You are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

Thank you very much
2020-7-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-7 04:53
Yea, but i think the drone hit a huge rock, and then stop working imedtatly and fall down in a hill or something, i tried to find it but i was unsuccessful
Then next week two people tried to find it by the coordinates given in the app, bit didnt find anything

What is the vegitation like in the area around the suspected crash site? i.e. could you use another drone to look for your drone?
2020-7-8
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-8 14:38
What is the vegitation like in the area around the suspected crash site? i.e. could you use another drone to look for your drone?

Hi
Thanks a lot for the suggestion
Some parts have grass like 1 to 3 feet tall, other parts is like no grass, or rocks, sand, or just little grass, but most of it is quite tall grass, so if the drone finished there, it might be little bit difficult to see

When i crashed i didn't have another drone so it didnt occur to me to use a drone to search for it,  but i got my MA2 recently, and i will use it as you say to try to search for it

This picture is around the area where i assumed it crashed, and the black circle is the rock that i assume it hit, but the area to explore may be bigger, i will go next week and i will definitely bring my MA2 to help in the search, thanks a lot for the idea

2020-7-8
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

Drone Taiwan Posted at 7-8 17:15
Hi
Some parts have grass like 1 to 3 feet tall, other parts is like no grass, or rocks, sand, or just little grass, but most of it is quite tall grass, so if the drone finished there, it might be little bit difficult to see

When the drone crashed it has already pass through those structures and pass by far away from them, so it didnt hit them, as can see the terrain is not flat, so i think it may bounce when it hit ground, and definetly a drone for the search will help a lot
2020-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Drone Taiwan. It is always my pleasure to assist you and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-9
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

I would just be a bit careful flying around that camouflaged building on the hill top (radar station??) . I guess RFI would just be an issue if you fly directly thru the radar beam (if this is operational), but they might not appreciate the presence of photo drones there in the first place :-)

2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules