New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (07/07/2020)
12345Next >
46894 195 2020-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.07.07
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0670
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.37
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.36

What’s New?
  • Increased operating time of remote controller when using in low-temperature environments.
  • Updated auto discharge default settings to two days.
  • Fixed occasional issue: gimbal was unbalanced after self check. Use gimbal auto calibration in DJI GO 4 to fix this issue.
  • Fixed issue: obstacle avoidance switch was unavailable when using MSDK.
  • Increased the maximum transmission distance: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE/MIC/SRRC).

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

2020-7-7
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

This is exciting update "Increased the maximum transmission distance: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE/MIC/SRRC)."
2020-7-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unexpected, wow.
2020-7-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks for the info. increased transmission is fantastic.
2020-7-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matches the Air2 specs now.
2020-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Any extra transmission is always great, this is already a great craft but continually optimizing is very reassuring.
2020-7-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yipee 10 km, here I go to test
2020-7-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I assume this firmware won’t work with the Smart Controller?
2020-7-7
Use props
Matei DONEA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1858455 ft
Romania

I love them
2020-7-7
Use props
wxperson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 788973 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-7 11:20

why would you assume that?  I am new to the smart controller and MP2.  

It did prompt me to install this update while using the smart controller
2020-7-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smart controller is already on the latest version of the App.
2020-7-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The SC app version isn’t mentioned.  It’s a stand-alone from what I’ve been told.  I could be wrong.  I just got my SC as well.
2020-7-7
Use props
James<3
lvl.2
United States

COOOOL just got mavic 2 pro few days back and i was testing the range, gotta test it again BUT WHY NO OPTION TO STOP CHARGING THE PHONE FROM REMOTE ON ANDROID. PLEASE UPDATE THIS
2020-7-7
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My SC did not prompt me to update to this firmware.
2020-7-7
Use props
James<3
lvl.2
United States

y no option to stop auto charge phone on android...geeshhh its 2020
2020-7-7
Use props
Kevinkong116
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398186 ft
Singapore

it works on my SC and i am in APAC. now is FCC mode on SC
2020-7-7
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 7-7 11:09
Yipee 10 km, here I go to test

Do report back on your distance test.

And here I thought the M2's (FCC) were limited at the FCC's max trans power for the freq/channels they use NOT capped by firmware! Interesting.............

Also, did you happen to notice if there are any other sneaky "UN-documented" piggy-backed changes that were also being made in the back goround?  Not that I don't trust them, I just don't trust them..............  
2020-7-7
Use props
Bimnomercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1414268 ft
France

Thank you DJI for this firmware update, but I don't see anything about the new French regulations on electronic reporting.

I remind you nevertheless that since the beginning of July, no mavic 2 newly purchased can legally fly in France because of the absence of electronic reporting. This obliges new buyers to equip their drone with an additional module worth at least 200 €.

Why not have included in this update the emission of the electronic reporting, something that the Mavic 2 can without problem do at the sight of its design?
2020-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Woe Posted at 7-7 06:02
thanks for the info. increased transmission is fantastic.

Hello there Woe. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. if you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Mavic 2 Firmware that was released last July 07, 2020. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-8 01:16
Hello there Woe. Thank you for the reply and for the given information. if you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Mavic 2 Firmware that was released last July 07, 2020. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thanks Stephen
2020-7-8
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

6km CE promising update very promising
2020-7-8
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.
2020-7-8
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

DJI is not at all interested in regulation Europe. Only sold drones count. Software development is a catastrophe.
Unfortunately typical China! In 2021 flying in Europe will be very difficult. New drones, new classes. DJI has to certify and will only do this for new drones, so I would not buy a drone that has been or will be released in 2020.
2020-7-8
Use props
zappy49gmail.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 7-8 07:09
Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

you don't have to update for me better distance means better signal strength so better all round ...
2020-7-8
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

zappy49gmail.com Posted at 7-8 08:12
you don't have to update for me better distance means better signal strength so better all round ...

I don't think they've increased power transmission/signal strength (26dbm/FCC 20dbm/CE), they've just "allowed" more  distance under FW controlled distance limits between the AC and RC under the same stock power transmission rates.  

Increasing signal strength (flight control and data) would require high power (up from 26dbm FCC and 20dbm CE) at the transmitter outputs in both the  AC and RC, if that were the case, and of course, our battery run times would be going flat much sooner.

I could be wrong and this update might be increasing power tranmissions, if so, our overall battery run times should decrease eh?      

Ths brings up a good point....if CE's run at 20dbm (0.1 watt) and FCC's run at 26dbm (0.4 watt) according to the spec's, then CE's are using 0.3 less watts, then in theory, CE's using such less power tranmitting, their batteirs should be lasting much longer than FCC's........And yet, both have the same battery run time spec's........Hmmmm

2020-7-8
Use props
sixgun89
New
Flight distance : 21683 ft
United States

It may make changes that increase reliability of transmission  w/o power increase. Not hard to do as you see occusync vs lightbridge!
2020-7-8
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-8 09:08
I don't think they've increased power transmission/signal strength (26dbm/FCC 20dbm/CE), they've just "allowed" more  distance under FW controlled distance limits between the AC and RC under the same stock power transmission rates.  

Increasing signal strength (flight control and data) would require high power (up from 26dbm FCC and 20dbm CE) at the transmitter outputs in both the  AC and RC, if that were the case, and of course, our battery run times would be going flat much sooner.

It is possible to increase the transmission range without change the signal strenght. The air 2 uses optimised communication alorithm, which allows better range with the same power output signal.The mavic 2 series have been given the same system via the latest firmware.
2020-7-8
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

RK7dronzy Posted at 7-8 07:09
Sorry but what good is this update. Encourage people to fly even further away illegally in eu, uk and usa, or will that create more crashes when they run out of power. Never had any issues with the gimble. Now the batteries will start ruuning flat after 2 days which means my third batt will always need recharging , if using one a day as i do. Never had problem with controller in cold weather. Where is the 4k at 60 frames a sec and better resolution in the hyperlapse. It seems to me that dji have ignored all the complaints in this forum over the last year. Rant over.

No need to worry about the batteries as the two days is the minimum setting.

Cheers

paul
2020-7-8
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fantomgep Posted at 7-8 11:27
It is possible to increase the transmission range without change the signal strenght. The air 2 uses optimised communication alorithm, which allows better range with the same power output signal.The mavic 2 series have been given the same system via the latest firmware.

Good point..........MA2 claims 10km using the same 26dbm (FCC).  Guess we'll see.........

Still, find it interesting that CE M2's and MA2's using only 20dbm that their batteries/max run times are the same spec'd max times as the FCC's that are all running 26dbm's. That difference of almost 0.5 watts at those trans power levels should show up in max flight times, shouldn't it?.......This is if max flight times include data/control transmissions at their respective spec'd transmission power rates.........Something just seems off about that spec given the differance in power usgaes and range, its hard to get something for nothing when it comes to power consumption.
2020-7-8
Use props
fans6a025c92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341614 ft
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-8 08:09
DJI is not at all interested in regulation Europe. Only sold drones count. Software development is a catastrophe.
Unfortunately typical China! In 2021 flying in Europe will be very difficult. New drones, new classes. DJI has to certify and will only do this for new drones, so I would not buy a drone that has been or will be released in 2020.

I believe the MA2 does have this feature. (ID transmission. It can receive and announce warnings when aircraft with this feature are in the area.)
2020-7-8
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

is there possible to downgrade to previous firmware from this new one?
2020-7-8
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DH_Pilot Posted at 7-8 23:03
is there possible to downgrade to previous firmware from this new one?

Yes. The assistant2 allows to downgrade to the previous version.
2020-7-8
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Droning 24/7 Posted at 7-8 13:41
Good point..........MA2 claims 10km using the same 26dbm (FCC).  Guess we'll see.........

Still, find it interesting that CE M2's and MA2's using only 20dbm that their batteries/max run times are the same spec'd max times as the FCC's that are all running 26dbm's. That difference of almost 0.5 watts at those trans power levels should show up in max flight times, shouldn't it?.......This is if max flight times include data/control transmissions at their respective spec'd transmission power rates.........Something just seems off about that spec given the differance in power usgaes and range, its hard to get something for nothing when it comes to power consumption.

You are absolutely right theoretically. But in the real world the different is insignificant.
The whole system power consumtion during a normal flight approx. 80Watts. (40Wh batt. capacity with 34 min. flight time). The 0,5W difference is only 0,7%, which causes approx. 14sec. less flight time. Others environmental variables (wind, temp., batt. condition, flight dinamic) play more important role, than that 0,5W.  
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Fantomgep Posted at 7-8 23:57
You are absolutely right theoretically. But in the real world the different insignificant.
The whole system power consumtion during a normal flight approx. 80Watts. (40Wh batt. capacity with 34 min. flight time). The 0,5W difference is 0,7%, which causes 14sec. less flight time. Others environmental variables (wind, temp., batt. condition, flight dinamic) play more important role, than that 0,5W.

Maybe I'm wrong, but generating these 0,5 Watts of more output transmission power needs by far more than 0,5 Watts of input power. Especially at such high frequencies.
2020-7-9
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO Posted at 7-9 00:24
Maybe I'm wrong, but generating these 0,5 Watts of more output transmission power needs by far more than 0,5 Watts of input power. Especially at such high frequencies.

You might be right, but I think this "higher than 0,5W (I don't think far more than 0,5W) " consumption difference is still insignificant.
I see you have a strong mathematical point of view.
2020-7-9
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

from my SC .. new update available  :-) upgrading via wifi..just now
2020-7-9
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

any one tested ?
and when we will get the update for

• DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.37

as it's not working well with dark mode
2020-7-9
Use props
Felix Le Chat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
United Kingdom

Bimnomercy Posted at 7-7 21:56
Thank you DJI for this firmware update, but I don't see anything about the new French regulations on electronic reporting.

I remind you nevertheless that since the beginning of July, no mavic 2 newly purchased can legally fly in France because of the absence of electronic reporting. This obliges new buyers to equip their drone with an additional module worth at least 200 €.

The new regulation will be Europe-wide and affect use of airspace by UAV's not carrying the correct hardware. New release Mavic Air 2 Drones sold in the USA were fitted with the avoidance hardware to be FAA compliant. New release Mavic Air 2's sold in Europe were not fitted with the same module. December 31st 2020 is when the Euro Regulation comes into effect. All drones must comply with classification system in order to be awarded a C0: C1: C2: C3 or C4 certification. If you want the complete picture: search out and download:
"Easy Access Rules for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Regulations (EU) 2019/947 and (EU) 2019/945)"
2020-7-9
Use props
fansd125305f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20684249 ft
South Africa

Just a pity that APAS is still not working.
2020-7-9
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fantomgep Posted at 7-8 23:57
You are absolutely right theoretically. But in the real world the different is insignificant.
The whole system power consumtion during a normal flight approx. 80Watts. (40Wh batt. capacity with 34 min. flight time). The 0,5W difference is only 0,7%, which causes approx. 14sec. less flight time. Others environmental variables (wind, temp., batt. condition, flight dinamic) play more important role, than that 0,5W.

Not to derail this thread, but since the topic includes an increased flight distance 8km -> 10Km (FCC) which can increase flight times.............

Dji spec is a 59.29Wh lipo battery....So lets say a 60Wh batt to make things easier?

60Wh * 60 min =  3600Wm

Bird flies max 34(31) mins (assuming best possible case, wind, speed, etc, etc transmitting at 26dbm)

3600Wm/34m = 105 watts per min

Bird consumes/burns approx on average 105 watts per minute of flight

20dbm  = 0.1 watt (CE)  and 26dbm  = 0.4 watts(FCC), the difference being 0.3 watts

0.3 watts * 60min = 18Wm

Transmitting at 20dbm verses 26dbm uses 18 watts per minute less

18Wm is 17% of the 105Wm

If one saves/uses less 18W per minute of flight time over the best max case we used as our base line ref and adds that savings up over time.......One then can add 17% to the overall 34 minutes

17% of 34min = 5.78 min

Reducing power transmission by only 0.3 watts seems small, but added up over time, should add approx 5.78 minutes to flight times, which, to me and by my numbers, is actually a very significant difference and perhaps the CE's might be getting this extra bit of time, I'm not sure, seems they should.

2020-7-9
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules