Metering mode P3A
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mooseshooz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, does anyone know how to change the metering mode on the P3A , spot matrix centre weight etc ?

Thanks
2015-6-18
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Not seen anything remotely like that on either the P3P or the P3A. The closest thing you can get to an exposure meter at all is the Histogram - that funny-looking little graph that displays under-exposure or over-exposure.
2015-6-19
Use props
dimedrol
New

Belarus

Metering seems to be incorrect on Phantom 3 Advanced and that is something to be changed, because apparently the right type of metering for aerial photography is matrix.

When there's even a small bright area in the sky, the camera tries to preserve details in the bright area, consequently making everything else overly too dark, underexposed, although everything else is about 80% of the image. Moreover sometimes exposure is not automatically changed back to normal when I turn the drone away from the bright area (which it should), so I have to adjust exposure manually.
2015-9-12
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

If you tap on a specific area of the picture on the tablet, it will select that area for metering.
2015-9-12
Use props
dimedrol
New

Belarus

Thanks, Rigworker, that sounds like a workaround. Though I believe matrix metering is a must in landscape photography, at least as an option
2015-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules