Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (07/08/2020)
123Next >
24019 111 2020-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2020.07.08
  • Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.06.00
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.00.06.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.06.00
  • DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series): v2.0.2

What’s New?
  • Added 50Mbps bitrate mode, which provides better image quality. In the United States, users can enable 50Mbps bitrate mode on goggles by selecting Setting, Transmission, and then Bitrate. Audience mode is not supported in 50Mbps bitrate mode.
  • Added frequency range display for each channel in 25Mbps bitrate mode, making it more convenient to select different channels when there are multiple devices around to avoid interference.
  • Optimized power algorithm. Full power will automatically be enabled if the flight controller is disarmed during flight. This improves the stability of the video transmission connection and increases the probability of locating lost aircraft.
  • Optimized user experience when there are multiple devices in the area.
  • Fixed rare issue: when the remote controller was connected to a simulator, the aircraft vibrated vertically when the throttle stick was pushed to the maximum value.
  • Fixed issue: an update failure report was incorrectly sent when using DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series) to refresh current firmware.
  • Fixed rare issue: air unit automatically stop recording during flight.

Notice:
  • Restart the air unit, goggles, and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • Make sure that the firmware of the air unit, the goggles and the remote controller are in the same version. Check the firmware version in Setting, Device Info, and then Device Info on goggles.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the device and DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series), and try updating again.
  • Update the Air Unit (Lite) when there is good ventilation. Make sure that both the goggles and remote controller are powered off before updating the Air Unit (Lite). DO NOT touch the Air Unit (Lite) during update since the temperature rises. If update fails, wait for the Air Unit (Lite) to cool down and try to update again.

2020-7-8
Use props
cruncher
lvl.1

Australia

50 mbps mode - does it work on Vista? Because I got "Bitrate" option greyed out, and I am in FCC region.
2020-7-8
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Is there any new OSD element for BetaFlight? LQ and Warnings are those that I need the most.
2020-7-8
Use props
Kryml Munsta
First Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

V01.00.06.00 sounds good. Thanks for the Update -
hope everything works finde now.

"Fixed rare issue: air unit...stop recording" made me laugh
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.4

United States

cruncher Posted at 7-8 21:09
50 mbps mode - does it work on Vista? Because I got "Bitrate" option greyed out, and I am in FCC region.

Yes it works. I already flew with it on my vista in the toothpick
2020-7-8
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.4

Lithuania

Which frequencies 50mbit is using ?
2020-7-8
Use props
Tib
lvl.3

Germany

• DJI Channel 1 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 1 + 2 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 1 + 2
  • DJI Channel 2 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 3 + 4 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 3 + 4
  • DJI Channel 3 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 6 + 7 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 7 + 8
  • DJI Channel 8 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 5 + 8 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 5 + 6

Source
2020-7-8
Use props
DrewDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17303 ft
Netherlands

Giammi Posted at 7-8 22:22
Is there any new OSD element for BetaFlight? LQ and Warnings are those that I need the most.

You can get LQ by doing the channel LQ method through the  aux4 / channel 8 in BF.

A quick google search should help you if you don't know what im talking about
2020-7-9
Use props
Jdogg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DrewDrones Posted at 7-9 00:44
You can get LQ by doing the channel LQ method through the  aux4 / channel 8 in BF.

Its not the same.

How hard can it be for them to add it??
2020-7-9
Use props
JchgMad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3238 ft
Spain

any solutions for Batery Warning?
2020-7-9
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

DrewDrones Posted at 7-9 00:44

It's not the same, you will only get 0-99 that means nothing. LQ goes from 0 to 300 with different modes. Please stop you all suggesting this workaround. LQ has a specific element in the BF OSD and I would like to be able to use it with DJI goggles OSD as well.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_h9xN8qDzwSui
lvl.1

Denmark

Right now all they've added is something they can pick up from BF MSP commands. LQ and Qarnings are not one of them, the logic for those are in the OSD code of BF. I'm not saying it will never happen but just don't count on it being soon. I'd rather DJI made more string fields available other than "craft name", they could just release a firmware asking for MSP commands that are not there yet and we could add them ourselves. Right now the only field I can manipulate easily is Craft Name as it's a string and not a number etc.
2020-7-9
Use props
rayk
First Officer
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

Thank you! This update sounds great. I am excited to install it on all my drones to try it out.
2020-7-9
Use props
fansb77dc2a9
lvl.1

Ukraine

About warnings - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmKXCcoTl8
I have been using the modified firmware for more than a month, and everything works fine (warnings are displayed instead of the pilot's name).
2020-7-9
Use props
fredbotton75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Tib Posted at 7-8 23:48DJI Channel 1 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 1 + 2 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 1 + 2DJI Channel 2 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 3 + 4 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 3 + 4DJI Channel 3 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 6 + 7 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 7 + 8

Well, Rapidfire scanner does not agree with those numbers...

2020-7-9
Use props
wankelrx
lvl.1

United States

I set the transmission rate to 50Mbit. The connection speed in the bottom right corner stays 25Mbit with no change in image quality.  How is this actually turned on?
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_ew1L3AFtyKiO
New

United States

I still have sdcardslow error. Tried resetting goggles, formatted sd card in pc then in goggle menu. Tried a different air unit and different memory card. Recording worked great on fw v 4. Same error on v5 as well
2020-7-9
Use props
Alejandro8706
Second Officer

Spain

MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS DJI ¡¡¡¡¡ buena calidad de imagen a 50mbit y todo perfecto tanto en la unidad aerea normal..en la cadxx vista y en las gafas todo perfecto.sigan asi DJI   
2020-7-9
Use props
5zero7rc
Second Officer

United States

wankelrx Posted at 7-9 13:57
I set the transmission rate to 50Mbit. The connection speed in the bottom right corner stays 25Mbit with no change in image quality.  How is this actually turned on?

You are probably still in public channel 8.  Switch to channel 1,2, or 3 and you should see it switch to 50Mbps mode.
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_oWilcVNz8KmM
lvl.1

Canada

Mine is greyed out as well, not sure if it's because I'm in Canada? I reset the goggles to factory settings and still nothing.
2020-7-9
Use props
fans8e299cb6
First Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

fredbotton75 Posted at 7-9 09:26
Well, Rapidfire scanner does not agree with those numbers...

[/img]

it's not a nice bell curve....crappy RF calibration.
2020-7-9
Use props
fans8e299cb6
First Officer
United States

Tib Posted at 7-8 23:48
  • DJI Channel 1 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 1 + 2 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 1 + 2
  • DJI Channel 2 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 3 + 4 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 3 + 4
  • DJI Channel 3 (50MBit) = DJI Channels 6 + 7 (25 MBit) = Raceband Channels 7 + 8

• After the upgrade, in 50 mbps mode, mine only showed Channels 1, 2, and 8.  Channel 3 was missing in 50mbps mode until I factory reset the goggles.  Anyone else have this problem?
    2020-7-9
    Use props
    fans8e299cb6
    First Officer
    United States

Can anyone comment on battery life difference between 50mbps and 25mbps mode?  Transmitting at twice the spectrum bandwidth should undoubtedly reduce the battery life.  From my few flights so far, I feel that the battery life is decreased by about 20% in 50mbps mode.
    2020-7-9
    Use props
    Fritz Wlan
    lvl.3

Germany

Does anyone have a spreadsheet or similar to know what frequencies each channel 25mbit and 50mbit is on to check interference with analog vtx?
    2020-7-9
    Use props
    bannisterpost
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 188593 ft
    Canada

The option to change from 25mbit to 50mbit is greyed out on all 4 of my air units. Can anyone from DJI comment on why this may occur?
    2020-7-9
    Use props
    Jdogg
    lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 7-9 19:58
    Can anyone comment on battery life difference between 50mbps and 25mbps mode?  Transmitting at twice the spectrum bandwidth should undoubtedly reduce the battery life.  From my few flights so far, I feel that the battery life is decreased by about 20% in 50mbps mode.

20%?? I doubt it, compared to what the motors are using the air unit will be hardly anything.

Unless you mean headset battery
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    Tomasimo
    lvl.4

Lithuania

you shouldn't feel any battery life difference, it might impact at most 1% of the battery even in 3 inch... Air unit is nothing compared to motors.
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    Ben787777
    France

I just did the upgrade on my FPv goggle and few minutes after they just stopped!!! Nothing is working.   !!! Changed the batterie and tried another cable, nothing !!!! Can we hard reset the goggle ? Without power i guess this won’t even be possible  any suggestion. ?
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    MAIAFPV
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 27792 ft
    Brazil

djiuser_oWilcVNz8KmM Posted at 7-9 15:44
    Mine is greyed out as well, not sure if it's because I'm in Canada? I reset the goggles to factory settings and still nothing.

Same to me in Brazil
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    [YOYO]
    lvl.1

Canada

bannisterpost Posted at 7-9 21:23
    The option to change from 25mbit to 50mbit is greyed out on all 4 of my air units. Can anyone from DJI comment on why this may occur?

I'm in the same boat as you, mine is greyed out as well. Could it be based on our location? Would also love if DJI chimed in.
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    roady123
    lvl.4

Germany

[YOYO] Posted at 7-10 05:51
    I'm in the same boat as you, mine is greyed out as well. Could it be based on our location? Would also love if DJI chimed in.

What’s New?

Added 50Mbps bitrate mode, which provides better image quality. In FCC areas, users can enable 50Mbps bitrate mode on goggles by selecting Setting, Transmission, and then Bitrate.

In detail only users in FCC can enable 50Mbps mode
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    [YOYO]
    lvl.1

Canada

roady123 Posted at 7-10 06:17
    What’s New?

Added 50Mbps bitrate mode, which provides better image quality. In FCC areas, users can enable 50Mbps bitrate mode on goggles by selecting Setting, Transmission, and then Bitrate.

Yes, the thing that confused me is that Canada is FCC, but it seems like only partially. So 'semi-FCC', hence we don't officially get the higher bit rate update.
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    gzhun
    lvl.1

Hungary

I'm in Europe and on Vista I did the update (also did the FCC region hack) and if choose 50 mbps mode, it accept it but watching back the vid from goggles, it says 25 mbps
    ...problem solved. I was on channel 8. just switched to channel 1 , and its ok
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    gzhun
    lvl.1

Hungary

wankelrx Posted at 7-9 13:57
    I set the transmission rate to 50Mbit. The connection speed in the bottom right corner stays 25Mbit with no change in image quality.  How is this actually turned on?

same here....
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    gzhun
    lvl.1

Hungary

5zero7rc Posted at 7-9 14:45
    You are probably still in public channel 8.  Switch to channel 1,2, or 3 and you should see it switch to 50Mbps mode.

You saved my day mate, THX!
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    Jdogg
    lvl.1

United Kingdom

[YOYO] Posted at 7-10 06:38
    Yes, the thing that confused me is that Canada is FCC, but it seems like only partially. So 'semi-FCC', hence we don't officially get the higher bit rate update.

do the fcc hack
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    Tomasimo
    lvl.4

Lithuania

Hello,

Using 50mbps mode other goggles couldn't spectate, is this expected or something is wrong ?
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    Ed Ricker
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 3107398 ft
    • >>>
    United States

Tomasimo Posted at 7-10 15:18
    Hello,

Using 50mbps mode other goggles couldn't spectate, is this expected or something is wrong ?

That's unfortunately a side effect of using 50mbps, you'll have to switch back to 25mbps to spectate.
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    5zero7rc
    Second Officer

United States

bannisterpost Posted at 7-9 21:23
    The option to change from 25mbit to 50mbit is greyed out on all 4 of my air units. Can anyone from DJI comment on why this may occur?

It's not updated for the 50Mbps channels yet ( just assume you roughly combine 1-2, 3-4, 6-7 ) but this should help visualize the channels:

https://www.getfpv.com/learn/fpv-essentials/fpv-frequency-reference-chart/
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    UWISHZR22
    New

United States

still have the sd card slow error version 4 worked fine. version 5 i had the error. so i rolled back to version 4 and had no issues. come on
    2020-7-10
    Use props
    123Next >
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules