How To Download Flight Log - iPad Air 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

I'm trying to figure out how toi download the flight log from my P3P.  I can read it in the Pilot App, but I'd like to get it on my computer.  I know nothing about the iPad but am competent with a PC/Windows.

Did a search for it here but no luck - nothing found.  What I did find is how to do what I alreayd know - to view it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2015-6-18
Use props
robvelez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 Would like the same answer. I have an iPad for flying/logs but use a Surface/Windows and want to download & view flight logs on computer.
2015-6-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Plug the iPad into a computer with iTunes and then scroll down to the pilot app and click on it then on the right you will see all the files the pilot app puts on your iPad, even the cache video if you have it set to cache the video when you record..  It's nice because if your video screws up you will see it in the cache video cuz it's recording what's on the iPad's screen without all the osd info
2015-6-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

On a android device it's easier, you just need a file explorer app and use it to open the pilot folder on the device, or plug the android device into the computer and you can open the sd card like its a hard drive and copy and paste much easier than with the iPad...  
2015-6-18
Use props
Rinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39862 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-19 10:31
Plug the iPad into a computer with iTunes and then scroll down to the pilot app and click on it then ...

Hi Mark, can you please explain in detail where i can find the files, i hooked up my iPad to iTunes but can not find the files from the DJI Pilot app...
2015-6-19
Use props
doughty
New
Mongolia

I think it's one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen...but look in the upper left corner of the iTunes app, and you'll see a little tiny image of an iPad.  If you click that, it brings up a whole new menu that includes the DJI files and other stuff that is otherwise invisible.
2017-7-11
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Connect the ipad to the computer. Launch iTunes. Open your ipad from the left hand menu where it shows up. Then you will see a icon of an ipad in the upper right corner of the menu bar. Double click it open. Select "apps", scroll down to the dji app, double click it open. From there you will select flight records, and an option to save to. I made a desktop folder called phantom flights to save mine to. I'll try to find a YouTube vid for you and link it.
2017-7-12
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Here is the YouTube link I promised you. Have fun, happy flying.
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules