Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone number
1157 7 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hjf
lvl.1

United States

It's not that I don't have confidence in my P2V+ or my flying ability; but all of the horror stories here have me a bit apprehensive about losing this expensive toy.  So I decided to have a little faith in my fellow man.  I wrote my phone number on the P2V+.  "If found, please call...."  Hey, it can't hurt, eh?

2015-6-18
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I also have mine wrote down. But if you look at it this way.. The person that finds it could "make up" a story saying "your quad crashed onto my vehicle or house and caused damage and Im going to sue you" Expecially here in the USA where I live everybody Sues everybody for the stupidest things..  So loosing a 800.00 quad may be better then having somebody call you with threats claiming thousands of dollars in damage to there property. Only other proof they may have is what is on the SD card in the camera which shouldnt be a problem as long as the quad owner wasnt filmed on the camera.
  Just my thoughts.. Even though I still fly with my number wrote on my quad, that thought is stuck in back of my head as maybie i should remove it. I have a P2V which cost around 650.00 now on Ebay which isnt to expensive compared to the P2Plus or the 3 for that matter.
2015-6-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

I think it is a good idea, definitely the responsible thing to do.
2015-6-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Kilted Flyer (D Posted at 2015-6-19 07:15
I also have mine wrote down. But if you look at it this way.. The person that finds it could "make u ...

You have a good point.

I would want to pay for any damage I really did create. But I would not want to be at the mercy of a sue happy person that would lie.
2015-6-18
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

all of my gear has my cell phone on it.  i'm betting on someone honest finding it.
2015-6-18
Use props
gasquetmike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1546834 ft
United States

I lost my Phantom May1st. I had my address but no phone # on it. The guy that found it, found it within 30 mins of my loosing it. He tried to find my name in the phone book but couldnt (its unlisted) and it took 2 weeks for him to finally find me on facebook. Thank god he did. I could have had it back within hours,  and a week of very stressful and hard searching could have been avoided. Not to mention a bad case of poison oak! the first thing im going to do when i get it back from DJI (repairs from the flyaway crash ) is put my phone # on it!
2015-6-18
Use props
JATO
Second Officer

United States

Same here all my RC stuff has my # on it.
2015-6-18
Use props
moxy149
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

I have my mobile number on my Phantom because you never know what might happen, and hey how much extra weight does it add to your bird.   Ian.  (UK)
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules