Passed the Part 107!
919 20 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

This post is more informational that a pat on the back ;)  Passed the Part 107 this morning, definitely know sector maps, seemed to be 10-15 questions just on various maps.  I used Remote Pilot 101 for studying, which I thought was pretty darn good.  Also watched various YouTube videos.  Read the questions 2-3 times, they try to trick you by just changing a few questions.  The testing center I went to had a magnifying glass and calculator, both of which were needed when I took the exam.  I just submitted my ICARA pilot application, that went very smooth.  Any questions let me know.  Obviously I can't provide the questions from the exam.  All in all I studied for a few days, took a few practice exams, and good to go.
2020-7-14
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats. I am in the process of studying to take here in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info.
2020-7-14
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 7-14 10:33
Congrats. I am in the process of studying to take here in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info.

Good luck and you're welcome!
2020-7-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats. I used Remote pilot 101 as well, going for my renewal in a week or two.
2020-7-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Congrats!

"Any questions let me know. "
Can you give an example of a question a calculator would be needed for?
2020-7-14
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

congrats bro!
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats
2020-7-15
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 7-14 15:30
Congrats. I used Remote pilot 101 as well, going for my renewal in a week or two.

In looking for study material for the Part 107 I saw a few of your posts mentioning Remote Pilot 101, so thank you for that.
2020-7-15
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 7-14 19:36
Congrats!

"Any questions let me know. "

Thank you.  There was just one question that you will possibly need a calculator, it was based on load of the UAS based on the bank of turn.  I have seen a few example questions like that, so it would read something along the lines "You have a UAS that weighs 32 lbs, what is the load factor at a 45 degree bank?"  They give you the chart, so all you have to do is multiply 32 * the load factor for 45 degrees, which I forget off hand, and that is the weight of the UAS.

That was a quick and easy one.  I also thought the sector maps would be displayed during the test, they weren't, just referenced the study book that was provided which had very clear sector maps.  I did utilize the magnifying glass the testing site provided.  

I would say focus heavily on sector maps, airspace, symbols, frequencies of airports, understand the general rules around weight of the UAS, etc.  Some of the questions were very easy, however the sector maps questions were tricky.  I didn't get any questions on latitude/longitude, which stinks since I really enjoyed studying for those types of questions.
2020-7-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DukeNukemNY Posted at 7-15 05:06
In looking for study material for the Part 107 I saw a few of your posts mentioning Remote Pilot 101, so thank you for that.

You're welcome and it's well worth it's cost.
2020-7-15
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 7-15 05:27
You're welcome and it's well worth it's cost.

Completely agree, I thought Jason did a great job in breaking down the various sections of the exam.
2020-7-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DukeNukemNY Posted at 7-15 05:59
Completely agree, I thought Jason did a great job in breaking down the various sections of the exam.

Agreed! He's very detailed.
2020-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DukeNukemNY Posted at 7-15 05:14
Thank you.  There was just one question that you will possibly need a calculator, it was based on load of the UAS based on the bank of turn.  I have seen a few example questions like that, so it would read something along the lines "You have a UAS that weighs 32 lbs, what is the load factor at a 45 degree bank?"  They give you the chart, so all you have to do is multiply 32 * the load factor for 45 degrees, which I forget off hand, and that is the weight of the UAS.

That was a quick and easy one.  I also thought the sector maps would be displayed during the test, they weren't, just referenced the study book that was provided which had very clear sector maps.  I did utilize the magnifying glass the testing site provided.  

Thanks for your reply.   Interesting info.

2020-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats!
2020-7-15
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice accomplishment !!!

Also found Remote Pilot 101 to be extremely helpful in passing the exam as well.

Took mine at a local airport; did you also take it at an airport? bet now they have many testing centers.

2020-7-15
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 7-15 11:31
Nice accomplishment !!!

Also found Remote Pilot 101 to be extremely helpful in passing the exam as well.

Yes, local airport in NJ, actually a flight training school.  PSI has other locations, but the flight training school was the closest for me.  I am used to taking IT exams at different testing centers, thankfully this was site was just fine, no issues at all, minus the prop plane starting right outside the testing site
2020-7-15
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DukeNukemNY Posted at 7-15 11:53
Yes, local airport in NJ, actually a flight training school.  PSI has other locations, but the flight training school was the closest for me.  I am used to taking IT exams at different testing centers, thankfully this was site was just fine, no issues at all, minus the prop plane starting right outside the testing site

Cool. Yeah that magnifying glass sure came in handy right?

If I'm being honest, I didn't find that exam easy peasey. Thank goodness for RP101.
2020-7-15
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 7-15 14:33
Cool. Yeah that magnifying glass sure came in handy right?

If I'm being honest, I didn't find that exam easy peasey. Thank goodness for RP101.

Without a doubt, no sarcasm intended, but it really helped, specifically if there was a ton going on in the sector map.

I agree, I thought the test would be easier, but the wording of certain questions was annoying.  I was starting to overthink questions, just glad I passed with an 80
2020-7-15
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Congrats!
I'm already part 61 pilot so I just went through online course that took an hour or 2, completed simple quiz, then I got the license.
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DukeNukemNY. Congratulations for passing the Part 107 exam and thank you for reaching out. This thread will be a big help to all our fellow DJI co pilots who are planning to take the Part 107 exam in the future. Again, congratulations and two thumbs up.
2020-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations!
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now