DJI Fly: Samsung J7 - incompatible. Motorola G Power - compatible.
6830 9 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henhound
New

United States

Hello! I just bought a Mavic Air 2. These forums helped me figure out some phone compatibility issues, so I thought I'd share my findings.

My old Samsung J7 was not able to install the DJI Fly app. I would download the apk from the DJI site and it gave me the error: "App not installed".

I went to Best Buy and talked to the employee there. Turns out he is a drone enthusiast so we looked into it. We agreed that it was likely that the Moto G Power would work with the DJI Fly app even though it is not on the DJI compatibility list.

We were right! I just did my first flight with the Moto G Power and the Mavic Air 2. This thing is so cool.

Hopefully this helps someone out there. The Moto G Power seems pretty good, and it was only $230. Let me know if there is another list or location I should contribute to.

Thanks!
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henhound. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information about using the Motorola G Power on your DJI Mavic Air 2. These information is very helpful. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference, I will post a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
2020-7-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ummm. The specs I found does not say it has a magnetic sensor (for compass function). Can you verify if it has that? Try a compass app and see if it works. If it does not have it, that is a minus for it when used with the Fly app because it doesn't show the orientation of controller and drone correctly, or at all.

The octo core CPU is good though.

2020-7-15
Use props
Henhound
New

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-15 20:46
Ummm. The specs I found does not say it has a magnetic sensor (for compass function). Can you verify if it has that? Try a compass app and see if it works. If it does not have it, that is a minus for it when used with the Fly app because it doesn't show the orientation of controller and drone correctly, or at all.

The octo core CPU is good though.

Yes, I can confirm the Moto G Power does have a magnetic sensor. You made me nervous there ha!
2020-7-16
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh my S20 Ultra is on the list supported devices but my Tab S6 and Poco F2 Pro are not. All these devices works great no CPU overload like those cheap iPad minis lol. Off course my preference still the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra the 6.9 inches Super AMOLED Screen. The Tab S6 10.5 seem too big for the controller and too flashy while flying the drone.
2020-7-16
Use props
djiuser_8zxhyooZR5M9
New

Netherlands

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 7-16 12:04
Oh my S20 Ultra is on the list supported devices but my Tab S6 and Poco F2 Pro are not. All these devices works great no CPU overload like those cheap iPad minis lol. Off course my preference still the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra the 6.9 inches Super AMOLED Screen. The Tab S6 10.5 seem too big for the controller and too flashy while flying the drone.

Hi, i have the Moto g8 Power, would this work also with the mavic mini? I emailed DJI, but they said if wasnt tested so they don't know.
2020-8-10
Use props
fans0252a390
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_8zxhyooZR5M9 Posted at 8-10 03:23
Hi, i have the Moto g8 Power, would this work also with the mavic mini? I emailed DJI, but they said if wasnt tested so they don't know.

Yes, it will work without any issues. (tested by me).
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_8zxhyooZR5M9
New

Netherlands

fans0252a390 Posted at 8-10 03:54
Yes, it will work without any issues. (tested by me).

Thanks! Good to know, because online it wasnt clear!
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_KAI45i2zLOmZ
New
Flight distance : 1470 ft
United States

Mini 2 still works with Moto g power. Bought mini 2 today hoping the info here was accurate and it worked great. Had to download app from dji website since it doesn't show up in the app store. Thanks guys above. Wouldn't have bought it without your comments.
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_3YNxwpPYr3yD
New

United States

Alright guys I've had my drone DJI mini SE for a week and still can't fly it the DJI fly app won't download on any of my devices I've tried 4 different devices a moto g stylus a moto g play a Samsung tab A and an older Samsung phone none of which will work with the DJI fly app what app will work with the mini SE
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules