1383 16 2020-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KSWBZWCjd9ws
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24652 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum and I need some advice. I have just bought the MA2 and unfortunately, my phone has got connection issues so I can't use it with the drone.
I have got a good offer for Samsung Galaxy S7 and iPad Mini 4. They are at a similar price. Could you advise me please which device will be better for the MA2? Any experience?
2020-7-15
Use props
dcaton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39606 ft
United States

I would skip the iPad Mini 4 and go for the 5.  I have a mini 4 and it worked fine with the MA, but it has issues with the MA2.  Changing some settings in the Fly app seemed to help, but I ultimately decided to get  an iPad Mini5 and sell the 4 on ebay.   
I have a Samsung Note 9 and that works fine with the MA2, but I prefer the larger screen of the mini to a smartphone screen.
2020-7-15
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

You can make out the best choice for the DJI FLY app here --> https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go-updated-daily.18
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_KSWBZWCjd9ws
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for response. I know that Ipad Mini 4 works with MA2 but also I heard some feadbacks that Mini 4 processor is bit too slow and and can be some lags during fly.
Basiccaly I will have that device only for MA2 so will be completely empty.
Any experience with Samsung Galaxy S7?
2020-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are a number of compatible devices for the MA2 but given that the fly app is optimised for the iPhone 11 Pro you will need a device with the most powerful processor you can get to handle the app with as little glitches as possible. To put that into perspective the Mini 4 (which is compatible) uses an A8 and the 11 Pro an A13. I use the iPhone XS with an A12 and never experience a single glitch. If you need an iPad for the increased screen size then I would go with the Mini 5.
2020-7-15
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I was in a similar situation, phone not compatible with the Fly app, and debated on getting an iPad Mini 5 or a new phone. To have the same functionality in using an iPad with the Fly app versus a phone would require either getting the cellular version plus a monthly data fee or add a $10/month hotspot option on my current phone. I ultimately went with the Samsung Galaxy A71. The A71 has a 6.7" screen which has been big enough to easily view the telemetry and video feed. With a 20:9 versus 16:9 aspect ratio screen which allows some of the onscreen data to be on the side and off of the video feed.

Fly app in Photo Mode on a 20:9 aspect ratio screen

Fly app in Video Mode on a 20:9 aspect ratio screen
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_KSWBZWCjd9ws
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The biggest problem is that my budget is bit tight on this moment. mini 5 is to expensive for me...
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_KSWBZWCjd9ws
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I know Mini 5 is better idea but of you need to choose between Samsung S7 and Mini 4 which one would you take?
2020-7-15
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_KSWBZWCjd9ws Posted at 7-15 10:47
I know Mini 5 is better idea but of you need to choose between Samsung S7 and Mini 4 which one would you take?

Seriously, I will not buy both of the suggested devices. You would regret later.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_KSWBZWCjd9ws
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for you opinion guys. I have decided - tomorrow I will take both devices for 2 days test. I will buy one of them for a few months and when my situation will be better I will sell it and will buy something fresher. I think it will be the best soution.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_gLJp7y1jcVdg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90118 ft
United States

Even tho my samsung Galaxy Tab a 8.0. 2019 isn't on  the list  I was able to still download the app via the website but my problem is after turning everything on I notice a lag on the  Live feed I'm suspecting that this will be a problem  My time  flying my Galaxy note 8 works but  it shut off on me twice it seemed I was a little hot to touch I'm trying now to reduce some of that memory on  the internal hard drive  Hopefully that will help my tablets only like month and a 1/2 old now I would hate to  buy a different one
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. After looking at the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. The Samsung Galaxy S7 and iPad Mini 4 are both listed as a recommended mobile devices so you would not have any issues in downloading the said DJI application and using it on the said DJI Drone. In addition I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Samsung Galaxy S7 or the iPad Mini 4 when flying there DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-7-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't help much here, but I can say that the ASUS Zenpad Z8S works fine for me with both Mini and MA2. I don't think it came in a wifi version only, so it may be hard to find in your country. With most tablets, except the smaller minis, you would also need an extended mount adapter (about $20)
2020-7-15
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12513 ft
United States

I have an iPhone X 64gb and so far don’t have any issues.  I do recommend using an iPhone since iOS is always easier to develop for. Also it seems android users always complain of more bugs, but that is just hearsay I don’t have evidence to back this up.
2020-7-15
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

LOADiNG// Posted at 7-15 20:46
I have an iPhone X 64gb and so far don’t have any issues.  I do recommend using an iPhone since iOS is always easier to develop for. Also it seems android users always complain of more bugs, but that is just hearsay I don’t have evidence to back this up.

That's funny.
"Also it seems android users always complain of more bugs, but that is just hearsay I don’t have evidence to back this up."
So why say it?

I heard that the new mavic 3 will fly for 2 days and 20 kms and will cost $199.
But that was just hearsay and I have no evidence to back it up.
2020-7-18
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
United States

make sure you allow usb connections in the settings, this fixed some issues i was having with my IPHONE X
2020-7-18
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
United States

make sure you allow usb connections in the settings, this fixed some issues i was having with my IPHONE X
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules