2674 6 2020-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JensIR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>
Norway

On the other drones I have used previously I could see the camera settings (shutter speed and ISO) displayed in real time, when the camera was in Auto mode.
With the MA2 I can not find this. The camera settings on the MA2 seems to be only displayed when I switch to manual camera mode. When I switch to Auto they disappear from the display.
Am I doing somehting wrong or are they really not available?
If they are not available then this is very inconvenient and a crippled feature compared to my old Mavic. In order to find what ND filter to use I have to know the current light conditions, and the most convenient way to find out what ND filter I need is to look at the exposure parameters in Auto mode. Now I have to switch the camera to Manual and fiddle around with the settings until correct exposure is reached. This is much more time consuming. It is also inconvenient not to be able to check exposure parameters during flying.

2020-7-16
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

No respones whatsoever?
I guess I am the only one that cares about this then.

Still find it a strange omission, this drone is not just a toy. Even the simplest cameras available will show exposure paramteres to the user.

So far I think the MA2 is an excellent drone, much more capable than my old Mavic gen.1, but it is crippled by the DJI Fly app that seems to have some annyoing little deficiencies that detracts from the usefullness of the total package.

DJI, please fix this, it can not be too difficult to implement.
2020-7-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

JensIR Posted at 7-17 04:06
No respones whatsoever?
I guess I am the only one that cares about this then.

Yeah...in Auto all you have is the EV and exposure lock icon...not much in the way of information.  I don't use it but a lot of people have the histogram up on the app.
2020-7-17
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Rustic17 Posted at 7-17 05:56
Yeah...in Auto all you have is the EV and exposure lock icon...not much in the way of information.  I don't use it but a lot of people have the histogram up on the app.

Yes, the histogram is useful for some purposes, but that is more for judging if the picture is too dark or too bright overall.
What I am after is a bit different. I want to see what shutter speed is selected by the auto exposure algorithms so i can check that the shutter speed is not too long or too short (optimum shutter speed for smooth footage is around the equivalent of double the frame rate of the video). If it is too short I add a stronger ND filter, if it is too long I remove the ND filter or select a weaker one.  Also it is useful to monitor ISO selected, as higher ISO means a more noisy image.
2020-7-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JensIR Posted at 7-17 12:12
Yes, the histogram is useful for some purposes, but that is more for judging if the picture is too dark or too bright overall.
What I am after is a bit different. I want to see what shutter speed is selected by the auto exposure algorithms so i can check that the shutter speed is not too long or too short (optimum shutter speed for smooth footage is around the equivalent of double the frame rate of the video). If it is too short I add a stronger ND filter, if it is too long I remove the ND filter or select a weaker one.  Also it is useful to monitor ISO selected, as higher ISO means a more noisy image.

You can't see the shutter speed or ISO when auto is selected - only in manual settings.
2020-7-17
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Addition of this feature to DJI Fly app has been requested.

Check this list: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216584

Mirek
2020-7-17
Use props
LOADiNG//
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12513 ft
United States

If you are referring to the old one being "GO4 APP" you will notice a lot of functions missing. The DJI Fly app is still very new and is missing many of the features of the GO4 app, its just a waiting game to see if they eventually add them but don't expect it to be soon realistically. I imagine if the new Mavic 3 releasing in September uses the new FLY app they will have to add more features since at that price most users are directly comparing it to the GO4 app they will all be coming from.
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules