United States

My inspire2 was repaired and here is what was repaired:
1 x DJI Inspire 2 NO.24 Main Controller
1 x DJI Inspire 2 NO.1 Aircraft Nose Cover
1 x DJI Inspire 2 NO.13 FPV Gimbal Camera
1 x DJI Inspire 2 NO.15 Forward Vision h
1 x DJI Inspire 2 NO.23 Vibration Absorbing Board
1 x DJI Inspire 2 NO.4 3512  Motor CW
After receiving it back its basically a new machine. Well as I go to format the SSD card to start recording using the CinemaDNG it says that I don't have a license. I hook it up to the computer to use the number that I  have and its not allowing me to. I contact DJI via the chat platform and they are saying they can't help me because its a new board or something like that. I also informed them that I had a similar situation where my previous Inspire 2 was lost, I had to buy another one and they didn't make me pay for another license. All I did was provide them that I had it before. Now they are teling me that they can't do it, but this current Inspire 2 just has new parts and its the same body. Can anyone help me rectify this situation with them because i'm not about to drop $1300 for something that I already have.

2020-7-18
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

WOW!  Very sorry, I cant help but by posting my reply here and getting views should get their attention.  I truly hope that DJI support can help you.  I've seen a few posts here and also Facebook of negative experience when it comes to License Transfer.  The process absolutely blows and they need to streamline this in and make it an easier and painless process. That's a lot of money invested and it should be DJI's  highest priority.

Really hoping that DJI responds to this and help you out.
2020-7-19
Use props
Grapeseeker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joecos Posted at 7-19 07:36
WOW!  Very sorry, I cant help but by posting my reply here and getting views should get their attention.  I truly hope that DJI support can help you.  I've seen a few posts here and also Facebook of negative experience when it comes to License Transfer.  The process absolutely blows and they need to streamline this in and make it an easier and painless process. That's a lot of money invested and it should be DJI's  highest priority.

Really hoping that DJI responds to this and help you out.

Its really gotten me in a bind and really upsetting that they can't solve this very easily when i've provided them with an email that shows it was paid for along with the previous license number.
2020-7-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Grapeseeker Posted at 7-19 09:59
Its really gotten me in a bind and really upsetting that they can't solve this very easily when i've provided them with an email that shows it was paid for along with the previous license number.

Of course DJI Service is able to transfer a license to a different Cinecore module you have now in your bird. It has a different serial number, to which a license must be tied. It is just a matter of reaching the right person on the other end of phone line ...
2020-7-19
Use props
Grapeseeker
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-19 11:30
Of course DJI Service is able to transfer a license to a different Cinecore module you have now in your bird. It has a different serial number, to which a license must be tied. It is just a matter of reaching the right person on the other end of phone line ...

Friday, I was on the chat with two different people and they both were of no help. Very frustrating, but hopefully it gets resolved tomorrow when the chat opens back up.
2020-7-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Grapeseeker Posted at 7-19 12:39
Friday, I was on the chat with two different people and they both were of no help. Very frustrating, but hopefully it gets resolved tomorrow when the chat opens back up.

Chatting with DJI rarely solves issues of this magnitude. You'll be better e-mailing DJI Support or even opening a repair ticket. Either way be prepared for long and frustrating negotiations, explanations etc. ...
2020-7-19
Use props
Grapeseeker
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-19 14:14
Chatting with DJI rarely solves issues of this magnitude. You'll be better e-mailing DJI Support or even opening a repair ticket. Either way be prepared for long and frustrating negotiations, explanations etc. ...

ON it now!!
2020-7-20
Use props
Grapeseeker
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

GOT IT WORKING
2020-7-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

That's great, but would you kindly provide us with brief description? How it was solved? Your effort may help others with similar issue ...
2020-8-1
Use props
Grapeseeker
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-1 13:19
That's great, but would you kindly provide us with brief description? How it was solved? Your effort may help others with similar issue ...

Drone Nerds in Miami got involved and reached out to DJI. They sent DJI the code for me to use and when I hooked up the drone I had an option to input in the serial number they provided me. It works now!
2020-8-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Grapeseeker Posted at 8-1 17:40
Drone Nerds in Miami got involved and reached out to DJI. They sent DJI the code for me to use and when I hooked up the drone I had an option to input in the serial number they provided me. It works now!

Thank you for explanation. However, since this issue is of paramount importance to some pilots involved, I must ask for clear confirmation of following facts:

1. You weren't able to contact DJI service directly.
2. You asked Drone Nerds for help and they employed their ways of contacting DJI Service.
3. Drone Nerds supplied DJI with Cinecore serial number as seen on licensing page of Assistant 2 software.
4. DJI responded providing license activation code.

Question: After FW update you've performed, the Cinecore module appeared as not licensed, Assistant software displayed an invitation to purchase the license, not to activate, correct? After Drone Nerds intervention, did this invitation to purchase changed into Activate dialog, where you inserted the provided code?

It is important to understand the mechanism of license re-activation, as many of us is facing identical issues due to various circumstances.
2020-8-2
Use props
Grapeseeker
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-2 12:07
Thank you for explanation. However, since this issue is of paramount importance to some pilots involved, I must ask for clear confirmation of following facts:

1. You weren't able to contact DJI service directly.

1. You weren't able to contact DJI service directly. - I had several chats with DJI to try and resolve the problem of which ensued the back and forth of me going back to Drone Nerds to resolve the problem.
2. You asked Drone Nerds for help and they employed their ways of contacting DJI Service. - Yes, Drone Nerds worked in the background trying to resolve the matter.
3. Drone Nerds supplied DJI with Cinecore serial number as seen on licensing page of Assistant 2 software. - Yes, I had to supply the Cinecore SN to Drone Nerds. Initially they had the incorrect number, which was from the old machine.
4. DJI responded providing license activation code. - Yes, Drone Nerds provided the activation code that was provided to them from DJI.

Question: After FW update you've performed, the Cinecore module appeared as not licensed, Assistant software displayed an invitation to purchase the license, not to activate, correct? After Drone Nerds intervention, did this invitation to purchase changed into Activate dialog, where you inserted the provided code? When I was contacted by Drone Nerds they told me to check my email and I had a code. I turned on the drone and went to the activation page of which I had to insert the code to have it activated. Once the code was entered it turned green and said success. Hope this helps.
2020-8-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Grapeseeker Posted at 8-3 06:24
1. You weren't able to contact DJI service directly. - I had several chats with DJI to try and resolve the problem of which ensued the back and forth of me going back to Drone Nerds to resolve the problem.
2. You asked Drone Nerds for help and they employed their ways of contacting DJI Service. - Yes, Drone Nerds worked in the background trying to resolve the matter.
3. Drone Nerds supplied DJI with Cinecore serial number as seen on licensing page of Assistant 2 software. - Yes, I had to supply the Cinecore SN to Drone Nerds. Initially they had the incorrect number, which was from the old machine.

Great, thank you. This confirms my personal experience that when you must deal with lost license issue, the only way is to refuse any conversation with low ranked staff and clearly demand contact with somebody competent at DJI. Either way is a PITA for reason I will never understand ...
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules