Leaked waterproof case, Osmo pocket wrecked
2455 6 2020-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bought an osmo pocket a few months ago for my tourism business to create some virtual tours seeing as there are no tourists to guide!

Initially really good footage and feedback from clients and followers. Bought the case two weeks ago from DJI to get some footage underwater whilst snorkelling on the Western Isles of Scotland and after six or so outings got some great results and brilliant customer feedback. This morning though the device turned off after about forty minutes and on returning home there was about a teaspoon of water inside the case and the camera is fried.

I was fastidious in my set up every time, placing the camera in the case before going out, checking rightness, same each time and no prior leak issues then despite this it leaks today.

So annoying financially and the fact I’m here for another week with no camera for filming.

I’ve reported to DJI so we’ll see what they say. Had I know this case had issues which are continually raised online then I’d have gone for a GoPro instead.

DJI, this product is clearly not for for purpose. Less than a meter underwater for less than an hour at a time and it leaks and kills my camera. Lots of feedback online suggesting it’s a common issue. The seal is intact the case fully tightened and it still leaks.

I’m really concerned about this.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Osmo Pocket. It is good to know that you are already in contact with our DJI support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will be able to give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_4qnESHzXmGDW
lvl.2
United States

I am very careful with my camera around water.
We get a lot of rain here at times.

Thanks for your posting!
Hope DJI can assist you.

Bill

Bill
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 21:42
Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Osmo Pocket. It is good to know that you are already in contact with our DJI support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will be able to give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.

Hello Stephen.

I’m now back from holiday and despite contacting support on the 21st July I’ve not even received any contact. I have re-sent my complaint today and will see if there is any response. If not it will go down a different route.

If there is anything you can suggest to get things moving please feel free to let me know.

I understand Covid might be impacting response times but just an acknowledgement the complaint has been received and is being dealt with would be helpful.

Many thanks
John
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_4qnESHzXmGDW Posted at 7-23 20:39
I am very careful with my camera around water.
We get a lot of rain here at times.

Hi Bill.

Just to clarify the camera was used underwater in the dji purchased case. After six or so snorkels without issues and following the same fitting and tightening procedures each time it decided to leak on the seventh swim.

The case was as tight as I could have possibly got it without using a wrench and I struggled to open it when I got home. When it did open that’s when I discovered the water had got in to the ‘waterproof’ case!

Some research online suggests this is a recurring problem with users and the case is not fit for purpose.

Best wishes and take care

John
2020-7-26
Use props
djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I’ve twice emailed DJI now about my fried camera after their underwater camera Protector failed and let water in and twice I’ve had no response.

Fantastic customer service and to date I’ve spent over £1,500 with the company on a drone plus the Osmo pocket and accessories to aid my business which in turn promotes their products to my followers.

Really poor DJI. Really, really poor.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_ckEMaJRToLhg
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 21:42

I’ve twice messaged DJI support and I’ve not even had a reply. How do I escalate this please?
2020-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules