Smart Controller App Example
2436 5 2020-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randyranderson
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to run this example on the smart controller and It won't detect that it's connected to my mavic2. Is this supported to make a 3rd party app for the smart controller that can view the video? This example runs fine on a samsung s8 connected to a regular controller. Is there a different tenique or example I need to use when running no the smart controller?

I cant post a link to the example but it should be easily found on DJI's github: "Android-VideoStreamDecodingSample"

2020-7-22
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Do you use the latest version of mobile SDK? Mobile SDK supports smart controller since version 4.10.
2020-7-23
Use props
randyranderson
lvl.1

United States

kv886 Posted at 7-23 04:46
Do you use the latest version of mobile SDK? Mobile SDK supports smart controller since version 4.10.

From the build.gradle file in that example: implementation('com.dji:dji-sdk:4.11.1',...
Is that what you're referring to?
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
United States

Hi Randy - The sample app does support the Smart RC and Mavic 2.  So I just tested the https://github.com/DJI-Mobile-SD ... treamDecodingSample  sample app on my smart controller and Mavic 2 for a bug, but everything worked fine.  The App registered, the product connected and I was able to get the FPV video feed  

Sometimes with our Sample codes, especially if they are from our tutorials - you need to link the Mavic 2 to the Smart RC through DJI GO 4 first and then the Sample App should just connect automatically.  

If you continue to have problems connecting, check that the firmware on both the drone and RC are up to date

After all of the above if you still have issues, just email us so we can help you figure out what is going on dev@dji.com
2020-7-24
Use props
randyranderson
lvl.1

United States

DJI_Lisa Posted at 7-24 12:15
Hi Randy - The sample app does support the Smart RC and Mavic 2.  So I just tested the https://github.com/DJI-Mobile-SDK-Tutorials/Android-VideoStreamDecodingSample  sample app on my smart controller and Mavic 2 for a bug, but everything worked fine.  The App registered, the product connected and I was able to get the FPV video feed  

Sometimes with our Sample codes, especially if they are from our tutorials - you need to link the Mavic 2 to the Smart RC through DJI GO 4 first and then the Sample App should just connect automatically.  

I made a mistake on my first post, I have my own application that works on an s8, but haven't tried this example on the s8. Do I need to change the name space / package name of the example application to work with my api key?
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but I'll answer what I think the question is...

If you want to run the Sample App for Android, then you will need to keep the Package name that comes with the sample app when you generate a new App key.

When cloning the sample app you will not be able to use a different package name
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules