Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel Doesn't Work
2110 2 2020-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeeM310
lvl.1

United States

My Osmo Pocket controller wheel doesn't work at all.  When I connect the controller wheel, I get the "Controller Wheel Connected" message, but then when I try to use the controller wheel and buttons, nothing happens.  I've done a dial calibration mulitple times.  My firmware is up to date.  I've turned tilt control on.  I've turned tilt control off.  I've used the FPV, follow and tilt locked modes.  Nothing works.  
Also worth mentioning: This is my second controller wheel.  I had the same problem with my first one.  That said, could the Osmo Pocket itself be the problem (as opposed to the controller wheel)?

I have the same problem as shown in the first part of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw4HinTLZkw

I'd appreciate a quick response as my return period with the retailer from which I bought my Osmo Pocket and expansion kit is coming to an end.
2020-7-24
Use props
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it is like the video, I think it is your controller wheel, not the OP. Where did you purchase both from, can you exchange or have them at least let you try your control wheel on their display mode to verify?

I have a similar but singular problem with my Control Wheel as well, but my issue is just the left button will just changes one time to Tilt lock instead of cycling through the three gimbal modes. There was one time (in 9 months) after I got off the plane to use it and the OP + CW works as advertised, but then never again.
My issue was that I bought my OP day one of release (12/15/18) and the control wheel took a while to come out and for me to get one that my OP was then out of warranty. I bought the control wheel DJI direct, so there was no way to swap for another one without (shipping costs).
Another odd thing is that I have found that if I hold the right CW button for 2 second, it will switch to follow mode so I can at least toggle between the two modes.
I cleaned the contact on both the OP and the control wheel and still nothing.
It drives me little crazy about the control wheel (or better yet a joystick) not being built in to the device. They can never be tested together at the factory.
I tried the repair route, but they need both the CW and OP and out of warranty will be too cost prohibitive + shipping $.
Hoping that the OP2 comes out soon to just move to that with the hope they do not make every option an additional purchase and build core functionality into the device. Charge a little more and have a little bigger, but all in one device.
I was going to purchase the extension rod, but figured if it is the OP, then I did not want to waste the money since that would not work either.
2020-7-24
Use props
LeeM310
lvl.1

United States

RobCass Posted at 7-24 18:31
If it is like the video, I think it is your controller wheel, not the OP. Where did you purchase both from, can you exchange or have them at least let you try your control wheel on their display mode to verify?

I have a similar but singular problem with my Control Wheel as well, but my issue is just the left button will just changes one time to Tilt lock instead of cycling through the three gimbal modes. There was one time (in 9 months) after I got off the plane to use it and the OP + CW works as advertised, but then never again.

I also think it's the controller wheel and not the OP.  I just thought it might be the OP because I had the same problem with two consecutive controller wheels (which means I'm either unlucky with these controller wheels or there are serious QC issues with these controller wheels).

I bought my controller wheel from an online retailer so I won't be able to test out the replacement to see if it works.  If I'm unable to get a resolution to this problem here, I'll probably ask the retailer to replace both the OP and the controller wheel to make sure it's not the OP that's defective.
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules