443 6 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello user of the Mavic air2,
I'm currently on the mini mavic although it's a good mini drone I find it limited. I would like to acquire the Air2 I watched some videos on YouTube but I tjrs the impression that they are oriented and very commercial. So I'd like to have neutral user reviews. Thank you
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought mine on 23 May. Flown it 50 times over the past 9 weeks. Covered over 250 miles in 12 different locations across Southeast England without any warnings, errors or glitches. I've used every single feature and function on the drone. My furthest distance is 16,105 feet (4.91KM) in a CE area with no signal loss having turned around in my own judgement. In fact, I've never experienced signal loss at all. Reached speeds over 43MPH in Sport mode. My longest flight time is over 28 minutes with an average flight time of around 25 minutes. Charge times are not good as >1.5 hours per battery. If you want to record in 1080p@240p or 4K@60p then you can only do so in H.265 HEVC and will need a computer that can handle it otherwise you'll be looking at 4K@30p in H.264 or 2.7K@60p. HDR video looks great but you can not set camera profiles manually when using it.

There are no Expo or gimbal sensitivity settings in the app so you need to manage how aggressively you push the sticks to compensate. The drone is quiet, portable and extremely stable even in gusts and is very agile in the air. Active track and precision landing can be temperamental but generally works well. Obstacle avoidance and APAS work brilliantly. The stills this drone gives out, especially 48mp RAW and pano's are frankly superb. Focus is fixed to infinity so no need to tap the screen in flight. It is incredibly straightforward to fly and the new remote controller is a big upgrade IMO as is the 1/2" quad bayer sensor over the 1/2.3".

I have owned 12 DJI drones including this one and I have to say the Mavic Air 2 is the best value for money drone I have owned to date - period. It's not perfect but I highly recommend it and suggest getting the fly more combo as you'll save hundreds on the extra accessories/batteries in the longer term. I'm amazed it costs less than a grand and you will immediately feel the upgrade over the Mini based on what I've seen. It will also stop you from having to create threads on here asking for all of the extra features on the Mini as the MA2 already has them out the box.
2020-7-26
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

Well, if you really dig around Youtube there is a wealth of reviews spanning quite a large array of opinions.

The MA2 was my first drone so I got nothing to compare with. I come from a photography background.

However I'll make a few short observations after my 17 hours in the air and 180km flown:

On the plus side
- It is very stable in the air and flies well
- The gimball does a great job, all things considered, probably single most important component for content creation on the entire thingjamingj
- The wireless stuff, occusync 2.0 or whatever its called, is amazing, even on the CE (European version).
- Range/flighttime is realistically around 24-28 minutes down to 20% and forced return to home.
- The subject tracking functionality is limited by the lack of side and top sensors, but it can work quite well in certain conditions.
- The wealth of photo and video modes and options is great and a lot of it works very well.
- For such a small sensor and quite low bitrate video (120mpbs @ 4k 60) the results can be very good.

Negatives
- The Dji fly app seems a bit buggy and underdeveloped currently. I would presume this gets better over time.
- There is currently no option to adjust stick sensitivity, except switching between Tripod, Normal and Sport mode.  
- There are "niggles" with several of the built in photo type modes, for instance 8k hyperlapses and 360 panos,
- Overall an impression that some things need more work and refinement

All this said, it seems to be one heck of a drone with few competing options in the price/feature segment.
2020-7-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MA2 is more adult compared to MM. My reasons to get it was Occusync and wind performance, there are other great features like Active track or Obstacle avoidance or bigger sensor or more rigid props, I like the new remote ect. but the first two reasons made my decision. BTW I'm keeping my Mini as well.
P.S. I'm not neutral because I like it.
2020-7-26
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Thank you all for your valuable advice which comforts me in my choice. I will wait until the start of the new year, which may know that by now the application will have been improved.
2020-7-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 7-26 09:13
Thank you all for your valuable advice which comforts me in my choice. I will wait until the start of the new year, which may know that by now the application will have been improved.

You're welcome - and I'm sure ongoing firmware and app updates will improve/add functions too though I doubt you'll see a price drop for quite some time even after the release of the M3.
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VanzPix. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing the DJI Mavic Air 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 and there firsthand experience with the said drone. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can compare the DJI Mavic Mini with the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with other DJI Consumer drones ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules