Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic air 2 terrible video quality
2791 17 2020-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3785171 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the mavic air 2 and used it for few months now. When it was new the video quality was awesome,  somehow now the video quality is terrible!   The videos are very noisy especially in shadows environments and the whites are very bright.  I always record in auto mode 4k 30frames. Thats how i always record without any filters,  that started happening a few weeks ago. I checked the settings and everything is like always was but before the videos came out good.  I fly my mavic mini and the video quality is better than the MA2. Any suggestions?  Thanks...
2020-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please double check if the issue happened on the original footage on the SD card, try to reset the camera settings on the DJI Fly app.
Besides, if you are using the external SD card to store the video, you may try to set it to the internal storage and check if it is related to the SD card.
At the same time, you can try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone. If the issue persists, please export a short sample video from the drone and upload to Dropbox and provide me with the link, I'll help to check further about the issue.
2020-7-28
Use props
Malthe Van Heerden
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 7-28 00:34
Hi there, please double check if the issue happened on the original footage on the SD card, try to reset the camera settings on the DJI Fly app.
Besides, if you are using the external SD card to store the video, you may try to set it to the internal storage and check if it is related to the SD card.
At the same time, you can try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone. If the issue persists, please export a short sample video from the drone and upload to Dropbox and provide me with the link, I'll help to check further about the issue.

Exactly what I was going to say. A lot of people tend to use the video feed footage instead of the raw SD card footage. I tell people this often and they realize they’d have been using the video feed footage all along
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_5DlSBmx3BiH1
lvl.1
United States

Malthe Van Heerden Posted at 7-30 22:30
Exactly what I was going to say. A lot of people tend to use the video feed footage instead of the raw SD card footage. I tell people this often and they realize they’d have been using the video feed footage all along

I'm having the same issue with noisy footage but I'm recording to an external Sandisk SD card. It's a 64 GB Extreme Pro with 170mbs read and 90mbs write speed. I don't understand what you mean by video feed footage vs raw SD footage. I pull everything from my SD card and edit from there. I'm not sure why it's so noisy in well lit areas.
2020-8-15
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

djiuser_5DlSBmx3BiH1 Posted at 8-15 09:00
I'm having the same issue with noisy footage but I'm recording to an external Sandisk SD card. It's a 64 GB Extreme Pro with 170mbs read and 90mbs write speed. I don't understand what you mean by video feed footage vs raw SD footage. I pull everything from my SD card and edit from there. I'm not sure why it's so noisy in well lit areas.

Propably meanig that some times people mixes Remote Control live feed recording to the real recorded video. RC Live feed records on your phone directly (marked as CACHE) and real recordings are on drone.
2020-8-17
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 2584869 ft
  • >>>
United States

same thing happened to me, I had a ton of great footage over the past few month and even 3/4 of the video files were good for the day.  but 2 or 3 of those video files were horrible, just bad...and out of focus.  and I didn't change anything.  I will check again.
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update on my coment: I ended up changing my sd card and somehow that seems to work. I was using a Samsung 64gb card and I replaced it with  a SanDisk Extreme 128gb. I dont know much about sd cards but that one was advertised in Amazon that works with 4k videos.  That fixed the way my MA2 video looks and also the new update and the zoom feature is awesome.  I can say now that I love my mavic air 2.
2020-8-17
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1040705 ft
United States

I have had issues with the Samsung cards, mostly reliability.
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_LFP7yr5gGXsX
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-28 00:34
Hi there, please double check if the issue happened on the original footage on the SD card, try to reset the camera settings on the DJI Fly app.

I have a similar issue. I will do the same, Susan.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_LFP7yr5gGXsX Posted at 8-27 01:15
I have a similar issue. I will do the same, Susan.

You may keep us updated if the issue persists.
2020-8-27
Use props
djiuser_i1VAuLeCP6Pk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607011 ft
United States

My mavic air 2 has very poor 4k video. Just got it back form DJI repair center thinking it was a bad camera. Nope.. same issues.  Im very unhappy with how bad the video looks. Im using the video setting out of the box. 90% of my video is unusable, its so pixelated and grainy. Still photos are great. If i would have know that this high priced drone had such poor quality. I would have stirred clear. Help me please
3-1 19:25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_i1VAuLeCP6Pk Posted at 3-1 19:25
My mavic air 2 has very poor 4k video. Just got it back form DJI repair center thinking it was a bad camera. Nope.. same issues.  Im very unhappy with how bad the video looks. Im using the video setting out of the box. 90% of my video is unusable, its so pixelated and grainy. Still photos are great. If i would have know that this high priced drone had such poor quality. I would have stirred clear. Help me please

"If i would have know that this high priced drone had such poor quality."

The quality is not poor, you must be doing something wrong. Try uploading a clip to YouTube, then post a link so we can see the footage.
3-1 21:13
Use props
Gkorom123
lvl.1

Greece

Geebax Posted at 3-1 21:13
"If i would have know that this high priced drone had such poor quality."

The quality is not poor, you must be doing something wrong. Try uploading a clip to YouTube, then post a link so we can see the footage.

Exactly the same, tried with internal storage, with fast new sandisk card, directly from the drone with the cable and not from the app and the video loses frames and is pixelated and its terrible., and really when you give 800 euros you expect more than running to fix a drone from the first day. i tried every video in you tube every different format and everything really. i ve had a dji 3 for years so i know what i am doing. just i begin to thing that you sell faulty products...i am so dissapointed...
5-20 14:34
Use props
Gkorom123
lvl.1

Greece

Thats the quality i am getting on first day, exactly sameon daylight

5-20 14:40
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone.  I started this dialog last year and I want to say thanks to everyone that commented and for the help.  Just want to say that the video footage on my air 2 was fixed.  I ended up buying a SanDisk 4k SD card and that ended up fixing my problem,  somehow the video quality from the drone itself was fixed too. I don't know if it was the sd card but it got fixed even without the SD card inserted.  Also want to say that if someone is planning to buy a drone, definitely buy the new Dji Air 2s, that thing is AWESOME! !!! you won't regret it.  Sold my Air 2 and upgraded.  Good flying everyone.  God bless
5-20 18:11
Use props
TomBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 834820 ft
United Kingdom

Can you post a video to YouTube and in the daylight. Also, what SD card are you using. Are you taking this image from the phone or from the SD Card
5-21 08:02
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55440 ft
United States

Auto exposure in video mode was broken when they released the FlyApp version 1.4 (still waiting for fix) at least when using Android devices.  Perhaps the auto exposure settings are leading to the poor quality?  
5-21 09:01
Use props
CentralOtagoKiwi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Both my Mini and Mini 2 blow my Air 2 out of the water when it comes to video quality - though I can satisfactorily improve the Air 2 video with a little sharpening in post.

Just thinking back, even my original Phantom 4 was waaaayyyy better than the Air 2 - hence the Air 2 is hardly ever used.

6-1 16:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules