Size of iPad Mini
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
new2drone
New

United States

I have a Phantom 3 and decided it would be better to use an ipad mini instead of my iphone. I'm trying to decide between getting the 16 or the 32. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2015-6-19
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Get the iPad Mini 3, 64gb version.

It's the latest version and uses the finger print recognition home button. Only available in 16, 64, or 128gb versions.

I've got the 64gb version and with about 10-12 self installed apps I've got 47gb of free space. You can transfer movies from your Phantom to the iPad and keep flying with just one or two micro SD cards if you get the Lightning connector kit.
2015-6-19
Use props
Lonestar
lvl.1

United States

I bought the mini 3 with 16gb.  I'm still getting the hang of it but agree with gregg1r about getting the 64gb version. I would have bought it but it was difficult to find one in stock. I got the 16 at Best Buy for $299 and I love it.
2015-6-19
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I have the iPad Mini 2 32GB Refurb. I buy all my apple products refurb from the Apple Store. Same warranty as new and have always had delivered as new, can't tell its a refurb and save many $$$$.I am not a fan of the iPad mini 3 as it caries a price $100 more than the 2 and the only spec difference is the fingerprint touch sensor. But you can get it in Gold for you P3P guys LOL.If you are just dedicating your iPad for drone use then 16GB is more than enough. if you want to us it for daily use as well as drone use, go for the 32 or 64 GB models. you will have plenty of space for apps and photos and such. I had a 16gb model once and regreted it quickly as i ran out of memory.
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules