Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SDK
3147 27 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renato61
First Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Sdk is born
2020-7-28
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
First Officer
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Good news!!!
2020-7-28
Use props
nevac
Captain
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Finally.Thanks for sharing!
2020-7-28
Use props
VanzPix
Captain
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Thanks for the information, more than just waiting for the developers to get to work.
2020-7-28
Use props
59 North TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20456 ft
United Kingdom

Where did this information spring from? Did a search and see nothing official at all on the net
2020-7-28
Use props
UweE
Captain
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

59 North TV Posted at 7-28 02:56
Where did this information spring from? Did a search and see nothing official at all on the net

sorry, but it is so easy... Take your sunglasses down

https://developer.dji.com/
2020-7-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-7-28
Use props
Renato61
First Officer
Italy

Thanks not to me but to Andrea Pinotti (youtuber)
2020-7-28
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It's welcome but for what it's still a mystery to me. I am not dumb enough to need a dedicated pano app to rotate the drone for me, and my stitching software is not lame enough to flunk a stitching because of my manual rotations.

No Waypoints. So... but virtual stick controls. I am led to believe you could technically pre-program a flight path based in IMU data which is not a recommendable practice.

Beyond the panorama mode which I am capable of doing pretty quickly and easily myself (don't need to pay another app for that)  I'd like to know if the current state of openness allows something interesting like Active Track or whether some future constraint's release may lay aside some new features like waypoints.
2020-7-28
Use props
Bussty
Captain
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

m80116 Posted at 7-28 13:26
It's welcome but for what it's still a mystery to me. I am not dumb enough to need a dedicated pano app to rotate the drone for me, and my stitching software is not lame enough to flunk a stitching because of my manual rotations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckgWcW6LyU

Only real reason I was looking at SDK was for missions. I see that's IOS wonder if same for Android?
2020-7-28
Use props
ABeardedItalian
First Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 7-28 13:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckgWcW6LyU

Litchi Help

Will be intresting to see on the Mini, I'm intrested in Focus mode and the Track feature for the still Spotlight like tracking.

2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post about the newly released SDK for the DJI Mavici Mini. As posted by UweE at post #6, you can find the SDK on the said link. If you have any other inquiries about the said sdk, please reach us out at dji forum. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-7-28
Use props
Euande
lvl.1
Australia

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 7-28 00:31
Good news!!!

Can anyone confirm that the sdk doesn't enable waypoints. This is really frustrating, it's the single most needed feature. We've been waiting for so long to get SDK support, and now it's deliberately hobbled because they've moved on to other devices.
2020-7-29
Use props
VanzPix
Captain
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Euande Posted at 7-29 03:07
Can anyone confirm that the sdk doesn't enable waypoints. This is really frustrating, it's the single most needed feature. We've been waiting for so long to get SDK support, and now it's deliberately hobbled because they've moved on to other devices.

litchi confirmed it just look at the screenshot ;)
2020-7-29
Use props
m80116
Captain
Italy

Tnx @ABeardedItalian for the info

For what I understand at the current state of development the SDK still has to be exploited. Apart from the video of  Kilian Eisenegger showing a third party app Litchi still has to be implemented for the Mavic Mini and will probably take several months to do so.

I am open to purchase something as long as A: the price is justifiable with my occasional usage, Litchi is already VERY expensive and unless they come out with a specific version targeted at Mini's users I highly doubt their Active Tracking would be good enough for the asking price, and B they should offer something else. HDR panorama could be a nice addition but truthfully I was hoping to get waypoints. I firmly believe there's no reason they couldn't be implemented and they should have been.

If they were so fearful of  unlawful usage they could have set restriction...
2020-7-29
Use props
59 North TV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 7-28 03:02

Gotcha ... Thank you for this.
2020-7-29
Use props
59 North TV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 7-28 03:02

Gotcha ... Thank you for this.

PS the shades stay on as I really am 'THAT' ugly
2020-7-29
Use props
Renato61
First Officer
Italy

m80116 Posted at 7-29 04:48

For what I understand at the current state of development the SDK still has to be exploited. Apart from the video of  Kilian Eisenegger showing a third party app Litchi still has to be implemented for the Mavic Mini and will probably take several months to do so.

It is obvious that it is not already implemented, although I am convinced that the calls to the routines are the same or similar to those of the other drones.
It would instead be very nice if you could increase the functions of the app without having to create one, many of us could have fun
2020-7-29
Use props
ABeardedItalian
First Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Months? Try less then a week, the coding part is probably already done. The longest part of any app Development is Testing of the actual code on a Live drone. Once the app has been thoroughly tested it will be released like any other software update be it firmware or 3rd party app.

I Asked on the Git about Way-points and it's Firmware related, with Virtual Stick app developers will have to manually develop a way-point system but way-points can still be done. Dronelink (an app I only just heard about is doing just that, developing there own way-point system to be used with the Mini.)

That3DPrinterGuy commented 12 hours ago •

@Michael-DJI @dji-dev @dji-lisafedane
I have a question, Why was way-point support left out of the SDK for the mavic mini? Does anyone have any comments about that, or is it just not ready to be released yet? Out of all the things capable with the SDK, way-points with the mini's extended battery life was going to be really useful and a lot of people are wondering why support for way-points was left out. Thanks.
@Michael-DJI
Contributor
Michael-DJI commented 7 hours ago

@Michael-DJI @dji-dev @dji-lisafedane
    I have a question, Why was way-point support left out of the SDK for the mavic mini? Does anyone have any comments about that, or is it just not ready to be released yet? Out of all the things capable with the SDK, way-points with the mini's extended battery life was going to be really useful and a lot of people are wondering why support for way-points was left out. Thanks.

hey, please check this out: Mavic Mini Way-points.
it's because of firmware not a software issue.

2020-7-29
Use props
Porktree
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL - if you think Litchi is 'very expensive' you might be in the wrong hobby.  (it's $23-25 US).
2020-8-5
Use props
m80116
Captain
Italy

Well I just consider the vast majority of apps cost at most a handful of bucks (whatever that might translate to) and for a 400 USD drone is a conspicuous investment, especially if you consider the return and the downsides: no waypoints, very basic unsophisticated tracking.
2020-8-5
Use props
Bezik
First Officer
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Dronelink has waypoint support for the mini
2020-8-6
Use props
m80116
Captain
Italy

Bezik Posted at 8-6 00:47
Dronelink has waypoint support for the mini

With an important caveat: the waypoints reside on the MD, so no off-line missions or part paths for where the normal RC might not reach, not necessarily very far, for instance passing behind a tall object.
2020-8-6
Use props
vortex19
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 8-6 02:19
With an important caveat: the waypoints reside on the MD, so no off-line missions or part paths for where the normal RC might not reach, not necessarily very far, for instance passing behind a tall object.

There are a number of points here. First, offline missions are not allowed in many countries. Second, Dronelink doesn’t instantly RTH with signal loss if temporarily behind an obstruction - there's a delay just like the normal RTH due to loss of contact. Thirdly, even if it was possible to fly your Mini a long way out of contact (it’s not), if the wind changed significantly at the furthest point or something happened to your drone you’d have no idea where the drone might end up. Dronelink adds some significant capabilities to the Mini which aren’t otherwise possible. If the only requirement is that you have to stay in contact with the drone, I’m good with that. Name me another drone which has full autonomy for this price.
2020-8-6
Use props
Bezik
First Officer
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 8-6 02:19
With an important caveat: the waypoints reside on the MD, so no off-line missions or part paths for where the normal RC might not reach, not necessarily very far, for instance passing behind a tall object.

yeah just initiates a RTH if link is lost, id obviously rather have the mission stored on the mini but for £15 still unlocks a nice new feature set for the mini
2020-8-6
Use props
m80116
Captain
Italy

vortex19 Posted at 8-6 05:03
There are a number of points here. First, offline missions are not allowed in many countries. Second, Dronelink doesn’t instantly RTH with signal loss if temporarily behind an obstruction - there's a delay just like the normal RTH due to loss of contact. Thirdly, even if it was possible to fly your Mini a long way out of contact (it’s not), if the wind changed significantly at the furthest point or something happened to your drone you’d have no idea where the drone might end up. Dronelink adds some significant capabilities to the Mini which aren’t otherwise possible. If the only requirement is that you have to stay in contact with the drone, I’m good with that. Name me another drone which has full autonomy for this price.

It's not about autonomy... since the Mavic Mini has an internal storage, used to store the Aicraft logs (system, flight, camera) I expected they could and should have allowed waypoints storage (and usage).

Can you fly above 120 m meters in most countries ? I guess no... yet you're allowed to fly far above than that. Same applies with distance... call me when you find a human being capable of spotting a Mini more than 100 meters away.

One possible very tourist friendly scenario is the circling of a very tall object mid-height, like a tower... where normally the drone would stop in the shadow cone area projected by your RC emission (much like an eclipse) before rising to RTH height and flying back towards the homepoint. Since we already have the quickshots (although limited to 1080p) the only benefit of such tethered waypoints would be that you can have a customized circle set and usage the 2.7K resolution... before your drone still enters the shadows, stays there for 11 seconds and initiates RTH.

Personally it's not what I am after nor something I need.
2020-8-8
Use props
vortex19
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 8-8 03:08
It's not about autonomy... since the Mavic Mini has an internal storage, used to store the Aicraft logs (system, flight, camera) I expected they could and should have allowed waypoints storage (and usage).

Can you fly above 120 m meters in most countries ? I guess no... yet you're allowed to fly far above than that. Same applies with distance... call me when you find a human being capable of spotting a Mini more than 100 meters away.

But the very fact that Dronelink offers a capability that the Mini was never intended to have (or was even ever implied by DJI) can only be a bonus. Clearly it won’t be as good as a dedicated (and significantly more expensive) waypoint drone, but it does a pretty good job from my limited testing so far.
2020-8-8
Use props
Bussty
Captain
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

vortex19 Posted at 8-8 08:53
But the very fact that Dronelink offers a capability that the Mini was never intended to have (or was even ever implied by DJI) can only be a bonus. Clearly it won’t be as good as a dedicated (and significantly more expensive) waypoint drone, but it does a pretty good job from my limited testing so far.

I think one very cool possibility here is running a plan that you can do any season and have a blended seasonal video over a year with the drone following the same path every time.

The other thing you could do is if like me you live somewhere where you get dramatic lighting sometimes at a moments notice, you can just have a plan that flies up above your house and automatically captures a pano or even 360 pano in seconds, repeatable and fast.

Finally none of us profess to be perfectly steady on flying paths automation will allow many to fly smooth paths and capture great video we couldn't otherwise do.

For $20 there are so many additional options here.
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules