5068 15 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hattukauppias
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309554 ft

Finland

Hello,
I had a small accident when taking of with the mavic pro and it crashed from 2 to 3 meters. After that i inspected the mavic and didn't see any obvious damage and flew that battery down to about 30-20%.
After changing the battery i encountered a problem where the gimbal clicks around at the startup (The first video). After researching the problem i came across changing the black ribbon cable and decided to check mine and change it just in case.
No luck with that. Also I'm having a strange thing that when i restrict the gimbal movement little bit with my fingers at the startup sometimes I'm able to get the gimbal fully working (as seen in the second video). I'm able to calibrate the gimbal without any errors and gimbal seems to be working as expected... Do any of you guys know what might be wrong with my mavic pro?

Things that i have done:
- Replaced the ribbon cable.
- Taken the gimbal a part and cleaning every part of it so no dust or anything anywhere.
- Downgraded the firmware version of the mavic.
- Calibrated the gimbal with the trick of restricting the movement of the gimbal at the startup
- Checked that the sensor that tells gimbal level inside camera seems to be working (after doing the trick to get gimbal working it shows the level correctly in the DJI app)
- Checked the silver cable in the gimbal and it seems to be fine. I get the picture from the camera correctly. Not sure what else goes trough that cable but at least the picture is okey.

1 Video of the problem:

2 Video of the trick that i did to get the gimbal working sometimes

1 Picture of the damage from the crash. This shows the damage to the underside of the mavic

2 picture of the damage from the crash. This shows the damage to the gimbal

Bottom damage

Bottom damage

Gimbal damage

Gimbal damage
2020-7-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Gimbal control or the ribonwire defective,maybe. You may (let) replace it.
2020-7-28
Use props
hattukauppias
lvl.1

Finland

Peterx Posted at 7-28 13:49
Gimbal control or the ribonwire defective,maybe. You may (let) replace it.

Already replaced the ribbon cable. Not working after that.
Are you meaning the control board with gimbal control?
If you are then i doubt that its broken after such a small crash, but i might be wrong
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hattukauppias. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened on your DJI Mavic Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-28
Use props
hattukauppias
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-28 23:19
Hello there hattukauppias. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened on your DJI Mavic Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm aware that DJI do not recommend to do DIY repairs on the drone and also i already contacted the support on this matter. Only problem with your repair and diagnostics is that i need to send it to abroad and it will take a lot of time. Also with the 50€ per hour diagnostics fee + 65€ per hour repair fee + replacement parts cost + postage that i would have to pay is far too much for me. With that i could just buy a whole new gimbal and replace it. That's why I'm asking if there is someone with better knowledge what could be wrong that i could just buy the replacement part and replace it myself since i have already disassembled the gimbal many times and have the knowledge to replace the part. Thanks anyway for the offer =)
2020-7-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Let check all things around the gimbal. May be it´´s not properly connectet via plugs other than the ribonwire,or cold soldering plas does make the effect too.
2020-7-30
Use props
hattukauppias
lvl.1

Finland

Peterx Posted at 7-30 01:26
Let check all things around the gimbal. May be it´´s not properly connectet via plugs other than the ribonwire,or cold soldering plas does make the effect too.

Everything seems to be properly connected. All the ribbon wire connectors clicked to place. Also silver wire is properly connected on both ends. All the connectors to the control board inside the mavic seems to be properly clicked to the place. I dont believe that there is a bad solder connection since this started after the light crash.
2020-7-30
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I had a similar problem and tried to DIY, changed ribbon cable, gimbal etc. At the end I bought brand new gimbal for 200$, that worked for me. Nowdays gimbals are arround 250$-300$ but make sure that you are buying brand new stuff !
2020-7-30
Use props
hattukauppias
lvl.1

Finland

Micato Posted at 7-30 10:06
I had a similar problem and tried to DIY, changed ribbon cable, gimbal etc. At the end I bought brand new gimbal for 200$, that worked for me. Nowdays gimbals are arround 250$-300$ but make sure that you are buying brand new stuff !

Yep if i buy whole new gimbal ill make sure that its brand new.
Im also considering to buy a just the gimbal arm. I suspect that one of the motors might be damaged in the impact to the ground. And if i limit the movement of that motor then its working fine. So i managed to build a temporary fix with a wooden rod limiting one of the motor movements little bit. This seems to be fixing the problem temporary. Any idea would it be a good idea to just buy a new gimbal arm? Camera and the sensors seems to be working fine. Also ribbon cable and silver cables are not damaged. I dont believe that the control board is damaged so maybe only thing that might be damaged could be one of the motors.
2020-7-30
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

hattukauppias Posted at 7-30 10:27
Yep if i buy whole new gimbal ill make sure that its brand new.
Im also considering to buy a just the gimbal arm. I suspect that one of the motors might be damaged in the impact to the ground. And if i limit the movement of that motor then its working fine. So i managed to build a temporary fix with a wooden rod limiting one of the motor movements little bit. This seems to be fixing the problem temporary. Any idea would it be a good idea to just buy a new gimbal arm? Camera and the sensors seems to be working fine. Also ribbon cable and silver cables are not damaged. I dont believe that the control board is damaged so maybe only thing that might be damaged could be one of the motors.

That is OK if you have DIY skills and time to wait for parts to come from China. I loss my nervs and bought a new stuff. Good luck !
2020-7-31
Use props
hattukauppias
lvl.1

Finland

Micato Posted at 7-31 11:02
That is OK if you have DIY skills and time to wait for parts to come from China. I loss my nervs and bought a new stuff. Good luck !

Okey thanks for the reply. Ill buy a new gimbal arm sometime in the future when the temporary fix start failing. Ill try to remember to post here the result when i get the new gimbal arm. I'm also not so good at waiting and easily lose my nerves with this but since its working with the temporary fix at the moment i can easily wait for the new arm to arrive.
2020-8-1
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Croatia

hattukauppias Posted at 8-1 23:02
Okey thanks for the reply. Ill buy a new gimbal arm sometime in the future when the temporary fix start failing. Ill try to remember to post here the result when i get the new gimbal arm. I'm also not so good at waiting and easily lose my nerves with this but since its working with the temporary fix at the moment i can easily wait for the new arm to arrive.

I am waiting for reply  and hoping that you will fix this under 100$.
2020-8-2
Use props
fans840bfc15
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

How do you know if your main gimbal board is out my camera doesn't dance when powered on but the vision sensors on the front work  also no video I have replaced the ribbon but not the main board yet
2021-11-27
Use props
klebip
lvl.1

Germany

hattukauppias Posted at 2020-8-1 23:02

Hello,

What was the final outcome of this issue? Did you buy a new arm and replaced it?
I have the exact same problem, but I am less experienced in DIY repairs..

Thanks
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_G03y9rAQbjQP
New

Finland

klebip Posted at 5-4 04:58
Hello,

What was the final outcome of this issue? Did you buy a new arm and replaced it?

Sorry for forgetting to reply to this. I fixed it by replacing the gimbal arm.
One of the motors were damaged and was clearly overheating. I felt it being hot when i touched it.
Seems that the gimbal arm can get damaged easily.
New gimbal arm was around 40€ on ebay so that was pretty cheap fix compared to the official repair route.
This is me logged on with google account so thats why I have a different name...
2022-5-5
Use props
fans7c87c0ba
lvl.1

Hungary

djiuser_G03y9rAQbjQP Posted at 5-5 07:35
Sorry for forgetting to reply to this. I fixed it by replacing the gimbal arm.
One of the motors were damaged and was clearly overheating. I felt it being hot when i touched it.
Seems that the gimbal arm can get damaged easily.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have the same experience, one of the gimbal motors overheats while operating. I will try to order and replace an arm or the whole gimbal. i have a feeling that the videocable is already damaged due to the heat beacuse video quality seems to be slightly worse then before. But that might be a different issue as well.
Thanks againd and have nice flights!
2022-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules