1105 8 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbe34e43e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940738 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying on a project that I have been shooting twice a week for the past few months and I launched the drone above the roof of a commerical building and was getting ready to position it for the shot and the screen on my phone went black and the drone fell about 20 feet onto the roof of the commercial building.

I sent it in to DJI for investigation because I want to get it repaired and also find out what happened.

Upon inspection DJI sent me 2 photos that showed what appeared to be some type of electrical malfunction...

3a2f69df-bd7a-44ad-b5a2-9dfd03c2b086.jpg b094fc33-e1e7-478c-a840-55c9326351e9.jpg

The battery was about 50% charged when this happened. I did not crash the drone, it did not run into anything, it just randomly fell out of the sky.

The issue I am having is that DJI is now wanting me to pay for repairs, but I am defintely feeling like its a result of a product defect now that I see the photos that they took.

Have any of you experienced anything like this? What do you all think?
2020-7-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

there have been similar cases, in some cases Dji paid for the repair, in other cases it has not been so
2020-7-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Hope it help
2020-7-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

if you take off at the correct temperature, it must be another type of failure, perhaps as you say, a factory failure IMO
2020-7-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are terribly sorry to hear about the accident happened to your drone, we understand that must be frustrated for you. I am able to get your case number via your forum account, sorry that since the drone is beyond the warranty period, a paid service is required in this situation.
We will try to escalate your case to the higher department and seek for a further solution on your case, we will have someone contact you in working hours. Thank you for your patience.
2020-7-29
Use props
SoCalAeroviews
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940738 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was a perfect Southern California day and was about 1030 in the morning so there was no temperature issue.

The issue that I am having trouble with is that I understand the warranty period limitations, but in any other industry if a similar issue were to happen in lets say a car, there would be a recall and the company would repair the vehicle at their own expense beyond the standard warranty period. A similar thing happened with Apple's iPhone where the battery had a defect and I was able to take my phone into the Apple store and have it repaired for free beyond the standard warranty period because they were aware that this was a known issue with their product.

For DJI to simply say, "the drone is beyond the warranty period" is both irresponsible, negligent and is begging for a class action lawsuit.

Based on feedback from JetSam, this is not an isolated incident and I believe that DJI should either recall the models that have this issue or be willing to repair these at their own expense.

The thing that really disappoints me is that when I sent the drone in for repair I specifically added notes that described what happened and there was no response from DJI regarding the notations, only a bill to repair it. It seems that they don't care about what happened, they are only concerned with making money from the repairs and that really disappoints me as a loyal DJI customer that has purchased The Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic 2 and have helped to generate tens of thousands of dollars for DJI through their affiliate program.

You have to do better than this DJI!
2020-7-29
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I sent my device to repair, it was returned perfectly except for this strange camera behavior, there are many users with this same problem in models superior to mine, Phantom 4 advanced, Pro, Pro v2 ...... we already need a solution for that horizon that does not get into place correctly when the drone turns on itself ...

Min 0:50 Horizon tilts

2020-7-29
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-7-29
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

this issue and that of apparatus free falls, still unresolved ....
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules