Mavic Pro 2 & upcoming EASA regulations in Spain
502 6 2020-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sherbertshots
lvl.1
Czechia

I would be really interested in any advice anyone in the EU could give me regarding the Mavic Pro 2 and the upcoming EASA regulations. I am on the brink of purchasing the MP2 but looking at the new Open Category regulations feel I maybe somewhat limited by where I can fly as, to my knowledge the MP2 does not have eID.

Would it be a waste of money to go ahead with my purchase as the regulations come into force on 1st Jan 2021?

Any clarity on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

2020-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2P is not classified so will fall into the legacy category restricting where you can legally fly.    So you need to consider where you might want to fly in the future.
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sherbertshots. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best infromation from our fellow DJI co pilots based in EU with regards to this inquiry. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link on the New EASA Rules Explained ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=211198 ). I hope this can help you as well. Thank you.
2020-7-29
Use props
Sherbertshots
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-29 00:52
Hello there Sherbertshots. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best infromation from our fellow DJI co pilots based in EU with regards to this inquiry. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link on the New EASA Rules Explained ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=211198 ). I hope this can help you as well. Thank you.

Thank you for a really useful video and explanation.
2020-7-29
Use props
Sherbertshots
lvl.1
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 7-29 00:19
M2P is not classified so will fall into the legacy category restricting where you can legally fly.    So you need to consider where you might want to fly in the future.

Thank you DAFlys. I have just qualified under the Spanish system as a qualified drone pilot so I have a bit more leeway.
2020-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sherbertshots Posted at 7-29 01:27
Thank you DAFlys. I have just qualified under the Spanish system as a qualified drone pilot so I have a bit more leeway.

2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Sherbertshots Posted at 7-29 01:25
Thank you for a really useful video and explanation.

Hi there Sherbertshots. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules