Waypoint Missions Mavic Mini support on sdk but not on DJIFLY
9201 18 2020-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Like you know ,SDK has been released,it gives the choice and the compatibility to make waypoint missions,this is one of the features which DJI team is not adding to Mavic Mini users,and i wonder WHY? even the SDK supports this on one of the examples?

are they waiting for 3rd party apps like litchi make this ? it would undervalue DJIFLY app on my viewpoint ...

cheers

2020-7-29
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Litchi team says that Mini SDK not support waypoint and orbit functions...
From a e-mail from Litchi: "Please note that DJI's waypoint and orbit mode are not supported in the mavic mini SDK. Other Litchi flight modes should be supported."
2020-7-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Probably not to undermine future MA2 SDK waypoint support, 2nd reason could be lower tier class being too risky to allow such a great potential.
2020-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum and sharing your personal insights regarding this feature. The WayPoint is not supported for safety reason, since the DJI Mavic Mini does not have any obstacle avoidance. Thank you.
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Well,, according this answer, Mavic Mini shouldnt have any quickshot mode,I mean that waypoint mode should bé used on the same way , being responsable about you Are flying on a free obstacles environment same as When quickshots are used, do not bé offended,but I think that is not a reliable excuse
2020-7-29
Use props
Euande
lvl.2
Australia

This needs some clarification - the Mini won't get support to fly it's own autonomous waypoint missions, but 3rd party software that actually communicates with the drone during the mission can still fly to waypoints and can carry out whatever features the app allows - EG See Dronelink as an example of an app that works this way. It will be fully functional on the Mini with this SDK support.
2020-7-30
Use props
slipushenkogmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7795459 ft
Ukraine

For the safety reasons DJI shouldn't allow DJI Mini to take off
I bet that the true reason is just "We need more gold!!!". Which is fare enough, just have enough courage to admin that
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

slipushenkogmail.com Posted at 7-30 01:12
For the safety reasons DJI shouldn't allow DJI Mini to take off
I bet that the true reason is just "We need more gold!!!". Which is fare enough, just have enough courage to admin that
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am perfectly agree,, althought it's something dumb, if they give more power to the mini it can be a top seller and profitable for them according thw low cost materials which mini uses... I dont think that they sell MA2 on the same quantities/profit as mini , on my opinion they are making bad marketing campaign, it would be very nice if Autel would release somekind of mini drone too,, it would be the beginning of the right competition (or war)
2020-7-30
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Russia

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-30 04:06
The Phantom 3 series had no obstacle avoidance either, yet Waypoints was supported for them.

Mavic Mini has one more weak point - weak wind resistance. The chance of losing a drone while autonomously flying to points is much higher than for Phantom 3.
2020-7-30
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 7-30 04:23
Mavic Mini has one more weak point - weak wind resistance. The chance of losing a drone while autonomously flying to points is much higher than for Phantom 3.

Any excuse is good for denying features that are safely usable. I don't understand what is for sure in a forced landing, which could take place in the middle of a highway
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_cjGfSm6nKsDH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1543835 ft
United Kingdom

Can't see safety being a reason as DJI have stated refresh is invalid if crashes whilst using a 3rd party app?

Virtual joystick waypoint missions seem far more risky considering how easy it is for the mini to lose reception.

Very disappointing tbh. Programmable waypoints would have made up for the minis sporadic reception problems.

2020-7-30
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Russia

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-30 04:48
Proper consideration of flight conditions is up to the pilot.  Any bird can fail if one chooses to fly in wind beyond the aircraft's limits.

Choosing a drone that suits his needs is also up to the pilot. Why buy a Mavic Mini if it was known in advance that it does not support the required modes?
2020-7-30
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

DJI has said in other threads because of the following: Safety Reasons such as No obstacle avoidance, SDK developers have said it's because of Firmware/Hardware limitations.

Simple truth, the mini doesn't have enough onboard memory to store location information. It's disabled/not supported because of this, Dronelink can only provide way-points because the Drone remains Connected At All Times. If in the event of losing connection RTH responds as normal, This would be the same as flying yourself but following a per-programed flight path. (You know, like a Quick Shot.) DJI's way-point system stores location on the drone and can Operate remotely without a constant need for radio connection.

While many don't like it, DJI isn't the same pony it use to be. It will adapt and adhere to new laws and regulations, if today in 2020 and forward they have changed there policy to not support X because of the Lack of Obstacle avoidance sensors then so be it. Be thankful your Early drone had support, but in today's Drones DJI has adopted a new policy to not support these features without an avoidance system. This is all without considering the legal aspect of things, DJI will continue to do it's best to find the middle ground.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

They can read the waypoints from a file inside microsd . This is pretty easy and a read function which i used on my "poor ram/cpu" designed devices on past,parameters should me similar as when they make a quickshot,or when rth is done,you are only commanding go from these coords to these others on a specific height..

Its same policy as boomerang,tiny Planet,active track modes,the most of the coding part is on the app software,over the firmware device they only set small functions requested by the API,why they do not enable It?  Money money policy
2020-7-30
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-30 16:49
No one thought the Mini was crippled & believed it was merely a matter of waiting for the SDK to be released.  Memory is dirt cheap.  Difficult to believe the Mini has less available memory than an old Phantom 2, which was easily capable of storing waypoints onboard & running autonomous missions.  People buying a Mavic Air 2 will also be expecting it to be capable of running waypoint missions

I honestly don't know what I was talking about, it dawned on me after the fact that the Hardware issue isn't memory but the missing OA sensors. The rest of the post still applies, if the mini doesn't have OA then it's never going to have headless(remote, hands free, tether-less) features.

Everyone wants to argue the Quick shots but You the pilot are the one Who's in control. If you start a Quick shot and Crash, that's on you and not the drone/DJI. It's clear, no OA no autonomous features.

Given the Fact that the Air 2 has OA and tracking. Way-points should also be available. I hope on the mini 2, mini pro, we will have OA and can perform accordingly in the future.

Personally the Way-points on a leash can still be useful but it lacks the fun that off leash flights would of provided. I had idea's already brewing on what I was going to try, it's a shame I live so close to an airport otherwise I'd upgrade to an Air2.
2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_63wKgIaTThDE
lvl.2

Cyprus

please expain me. Does mavci mini support Waypoint Missions (v1 or v2)?

because i try this sample, and it doesn't work
https://github.com/DJI-Mobile-SD ... id-GSDemo-GoogleMap
2020-12-5
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No, the latest SDK  does not support waypoints for the Mini and does not support Mini2 at all
2020-12-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_63wKgIaTThDE Posted at 12-5 23:59
please expain me. Does mavci mini support Waypoint Missions (v1 or v2)?

because i try this sample, and it doesn't work

Doesn't support either, the mavic mini has no way-point functionality outside Virtual Sticks.  
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_63wKgIaTThDE
lvl.2

Cyprus

thanks for answer
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules