Looking for an alternative app for OM3
27942 25 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NZZaixD8vEUi
lvl.1
Italy

I find using the DJI MiMo app very limited and frustrating especially when it comes to customizing story mode. It should not be that hard.

And then I'm not even talking about the lack of support for 1080p60(or better), slow motion options or saving to a sd card in a phone. It's ridiculous that this is not available on an Android phone.

Beside the standard reply "we don't recommend using 3rd party apps", you don't hear anything from DJI. There is no improvement on communication or the app for that matter.
And I have little hope there will be.

So I'm looking for alternatives, I understand that Filmic Pro is the best but unfortunately DJI refuses to update there SDK for Filmic to support the Osmo Mobile 3+like they did with previous versions.)
Anyone have other options?
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_NZZaixD8vEUi
lvl.1
Italy

I have found the GoPro Quick app would be an option. Still have to play with it, but it is quick (pun intended) and there a numerous options.
2020-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. As of this time the only application that is recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is the DJI Mimo application. The DJI Mimo applicationis dedicatedly designed for DJI handheld gimbals. The DJI Mimo offers HD live video view, intelligent modes that hardly found on other handheld stabilizers, empowering you to shoot, edit and share at your fingertips. Thank you.
2020-8-2
Use props
desolatedflesh
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 22:13
The DJI Mimo offers HD live video view, intelligent modes that hardly found on other handheld stabilizers, empowering you to shoot, edit and share at your fingertips. Thank you.

False! I'm a Xiaomi MI 9T Pro Android 10 User (supposely fully supported in compatibility list) and Mimo sucks. Sucks because DJI wants to keep that useless app just for exclusive use with OM3, without improving that for Android users, instead of give the SDK to other developer to improve the use of the Osmo. The Android version of the app sucks because it's impossible to configure it in manual mode, no slowmotion, etc etc....Why DJI don't want to do the same work did for IOS also for Android ? What's the problem? DJI are going to miss a lot of customers with this  attitude....No support at all for Android users...Just the same boring copy and paste replies that meaning nothing...I have the Osmo Mobile 3 since 3 days and I'm thinking to send it back seriously...
2020-8-6
Use props
Natalia Koumlnig
New

Argentina

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. As of this time the only application that is recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is the DJI Mimo application. The DJI Mimo applicationis dedicatedly designed for DJI handheld gimbals. The DJI Mimo offers HD live video view, intelligent modes that hardly found on other handheld stabilizers, empowering you to shoot, edit and share at your fingertips. Thank you.

Wow, it must take a lot of courage, replying a concern about dji forcing software we don't like with a sales pitch.

I don't mean to be rude, i actually gave it a chance, but it's garbage. Even the video quality is somehow worse than using the phone's camera. Ir even gets to the point of diminishing the value of the OM (i recently bought the 4, great piece of hardware)

Anyway, please do users a favor and let someone else write better software.
2020-10-7
Use props
Soxer123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72671 ft
United Kingdom

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. As of this time the only application that is recommended for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is the DJI Mimo application. The DJI Mimo applicationis dedicatedly designed for DJI handheld gimbals. The DJI Mimo offers HD live video view, intelligent modes that hardly found on other handheld stabilizers, empowering you to shoot, edit and share at your fingertips. Thank you.

Only problem there is the rather short list of handsets manufacturers who feature. Not one SOny Xperia model. I've trialled an OM3 and 4 using Mimo and both have video playbeck that looks like it was shot by someone who'd just downed three epressos and a can or Red Bull.

Lunchtime, I powered up the OM4 but NOT MIMO and guess what? Steady video. The Mimo app is poor and so is the support from DJi.
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_Qjwb51fywkOF
New

United States

I agree I’ve had the Osmo3 for almost a year... and ultimately don’t use it much as I would like to and now it feels like waste of money cuz the Mimo app sucks.. it’s super limited especially on the story which I like the idea of the feature but it’s sooooo limited,  at least make an update with a blank template where the user and choose # of shots, the angles to pan and add their own sounds/music, and get rid of the corny text.., I don't want to use any of the templates available for story... would be nice if they let us make our own..
2020-11-2
Use props
hollandnigel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 969006 ft
Spain

Soxer123 Posted at 11-2 07:53
Only problem there is the rather short list of handsets manufacturers who feature. Not one SOny Xperia model. I've trialled an OM3 and 4 using Mimo and both have video playbeck that looks like it was shot by someone who'd just downed three epressos and a can or Red Bull.

Lunchtime, I powered up the OM4 but NOT MIMO and guess what? Steady video. The Mimo app is poor and so is the support from DJi.

Soxer123, which Xperia are you using??
I'm looking to buy an Xperia 10 ii
2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_Qj2V8hJohGmW
New
Brazil

Im very disapoint to have a 4k @ 60 fps native and super slow motin @ 920fps with my s10+ and dont have thjs options in mimo app, if i know that before i would give up to boght my om4....
Im saying i have the last dji release product, definly they dont care about android users

2020-12-18
Use props
Huge Gene
New

United Kingdom

Waste of money, Mimo app is useless and limits phone functionality. I am on Pixel5 and I cannot access wide lens or any camera pro features. I will be returning the gimbal.
2021-3-2
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

desolatedflesh Posted at 2020-8-6 02:00
False! I'm a Xiaomi MI 9T Pro Android 10 User (supposely fully supported in compatibility list) and Mimo sucks. Sucks because DJI wants to keep that useless app just for exclusive use with OM3, without improving that for Android users, instead of give the SDK to other developer to improve the use of the Osmo. The Android version of the app sucks because it's impossible to configure it in manual mode, no slowmotion, etc etc....Why DJI don't want to do the same work did for IOS also for Android ? What's the problem? DJI are going to miss a lot of customers with this  attitude....No support at all for Android users...Just the same boring copy and paste replies that meaning nothing...I have the Osmo Mobile 3 since 3 days and I'm thinking to send it back seriously...

I feel you, dji is ignoring issues with exynos version of Samsung s21 ultra, the top 1 premium device for Android at the moment.

And their response to that is, buy a cheaper device to use our products.
2021-3-6
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

I gave up on Mimo I only use native camera or filmic pro, and use om to just stabilization. And will move to other brand soon, DJI let the fame consume them and now they just don't give a F to us consumers. It really does not make sense for me to continue with osmo without proper support.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_mkebu8TJ3SOf
New

Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-8-2 22:13

Can you help me to update this DJI mimo software? Because cannot open (not compatible) with android 12
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_mkebu8TJ3SOf Posted at 9-11 02:33
Can you help me to update this DJI mimo software? Because cannot open (not compatible) with android 12

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_DIAgipivWYH2
New

Nicaragua

its a damn garbage its OM3 I have a 4XL Pixel and its mimo application does not work with android 12, it tried with an S21 ultra and it does not work either ... they should remove that garbage from the market !!!!
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_1cJ1cyB1IVKu
New

Germany

djiuser_DIAgipivWYH2 Posted at 11-26 17:45
its a damn garbage its OM3 I have a 4XL Pixel and its mimo application does not work with android 12, it tried with an S21 ultra and it does not work either ... they should remove that garbage from the market !!!!

Same, I have a Pixel 6 Pro with android 13 and the DJI Mimo app wont even launch anymore so I cant use the OM3 anymore. Absolute disappointment.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_oD5ADeww7duU
New

Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-13 20:52
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

Same problem too. I can't open the dji mimo anymore. Informed that has a bug. I'm using samsung galaxy s21 with the osmo 3. Also android 12. Can you fix this problem as soon as possible?
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_04F8Mf8A29Je
New

Hong Kong

Same, I have a pixel 4 and 3aXL and both can't open DJI mimo app on Android 12. Any updates to this?
2021-12-11
Use props
pauloeuagmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 929232 ft
United States

YES. It’s ridiculous. I DONT NEED YOU TO CHOOSE THE “MESSAGES” written on the video. WTF. This is VERY Chinese. GIVE US THE FREEDOM this is NOT CHINA
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_2Ls5avtmMqPW
New

Greece

THE AMOUNT OF TIME I HAVE SPENT TRYING TO GET THIS APP TO WORK IS RIDICULOUS. DOWNLOADED ALL VARIATIONS OF APPS THAT DJI HAVE- ALL CRASH. DOWNLOAD SOME RANDOM FILES FROM DJI WEBSITE TO UPDATE- CRASH.
SO FRUSTRATING.
I have a Pixel 3
Does anyone have an alternative app I can use so I can actually use my gimbal?
2022-1-26
Use props
fansd5e5f9fa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174852 ft
United States

djiuser_oD5ADeww7duU Posted at 2021-12-11 04:40
Same problem too. I can't open the dji mimo anymore. Informed that has a bug. I'm using samsung galaxy s21 with the osmo 3. Also android 12. Can you fix this problem as soon as possible?

Same problem here.  Mimo won't install on my Galaxy S21. What is amazing to me is that DJI responded to my email as if they had never heard of the problem.  Do they ever read the forum?
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_8jAflHs7iVxN
New

Norway

Both apps Mimo and Go 4 does not work on my Samsung s21 ultra. Get a grip, DJI!!!
I now have a drone and a gimball I cannot use. Money down the toilet!
2022-6-7
Use props
T.SDS
New

United States

I know this is an old thread, but. For anyone else who finds this. I have been using DJI for drones and gimbals, but they seem to only ever support Apple products mainly and I use android. I haven't heard a reply yet, but FiLMiC Pro does support the DJI OM products as well as a handfull of other products. I don't like having to find a work around for these things either, but nothing seems to be coming from DJI at all and we seem to keep getting the same robotic answer. Probably either because they do not use the product or because they are getting something from Apple. I don't know.
2022-6-22
Use props
djiuser_9ESB3x3GIZr2
New
  • >>>
India

T.SDS Posted at 6-22 12:19
I know this is an old thread, but. For anyone else who finds this. I have been using DJI for drones and gimbals, but they seem to only ever support Apple products mainly and I use android. I haven't heard a reply yet, but FiLMiC Pro does support the DJI OM products as well as a handfull of other products. I don't like having to find a work around for these things either, but nothing seems to be coming from DJI at all and we seem to keep getting the same robotic answer. Probably either because they do not use the product or because they are getting something from Apple. I don't know.

100% agree. They only care about apple users.
They haven't even bothered to give Android users 4k 60fps shooting capability. That's like the baseline these days.

Their team sits and just redesigns the gimbal year after year and probably has one intern working on the Android software for the past 3-4 years with the rest of the entire team optimising for iphones.

Really disappointing.
2022-12-9
Use props
mystery7367
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12139 ft
United Kingdom

DonGuido Posted at 2021-3-6 16:54
I feel you, dji is ignoring issues with exynos version of Samsung s21 ultra, the top 1 premium device for Android at the moment.

And their response to that is, buy a cheaper device to use our products.

I just bought the Action 3 and it won`t connect to my S21 Ultra so I cannot stream live irl.
it is ridiculous that DJI don`t support this still very relevant high end mobile phone.
please fix this DJI.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mystery7367 Posted at 11-6 14:58
I just bought the Action 3 and it won`t connect to my S21 Ultra so I cannot stream live irl.
it is ridiculous that DJI don`t support this still very relevant high end mobile phone.
please fix this DJI.

Hello there. We are more than glad to help. Can you please elaborate on the connection issue? Thank you very much.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules