12Next >
6799 45 2020-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Apparently there is a new version of the app, did anybody got to test it already? it seems it is again mainly for air 2 fixes and some UI improvements...so i am not hoping for much. At least i hope they fixed the bluetooth issue and the crashes on samsung devices.
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2020-8-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

A J Posted at 8-1 02:14
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=221397&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556

yes, unfortunately bug fixes is too broad statement, hence my question if anybody has any observations on actual fixes.

here is a link to download it in case somebody does not want to wait a week for the slowest rollout in the world:

https://apkcombo.com/en-ch/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/download/apk
2020-8-1
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

''and the crashes on samsung devices'' ...

Yesterday it happen with me, again..
2020-8-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

ESchimidt Posted at 8-1 02:26
''and the crashes on samsung devices'' ...

Yesterday it happen with me, again..

with 1.1.6?
2020-8-1
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

no ... I haven't updated yet.
2020-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 8-1 02:24
yes, unfortunately bug fixes is too broad statement, hence my question if anybody has any observations on actual fixes.

here is a link to download it in case somebody does not want to wait a week for the slowest rollout in the world:

It’s great to see you haven’t change your whining, why don’t you download it yourself and let everyone know how it’s working. You’ll find delay lies with google and Apple-and their verification. But that would not support your whining.....
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yes, unfortunately bug fixes is too broad statement, hence my question if anybody has any observations on actual fixes.

Point being you're a bit late discovering it and created probably the 5th thread on the matter. Hence why I posted a link to one whereby many forum members have already answered your questions.
2020-8-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

A J Posted at 8-1 03:49
Point being you're a bit later discovering it and created probably the 5th thread on the matter. Hence why I posted a link to one whereby many forum members have already answered your questions.

sorry i don't check regularly all the dji forums, have a mini hence i post it here, thanks for pointing out but it is not very useful
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 8-1 03:56
sorry i don't check regularly all the dji forums, have a mini hence i post it here, thanks for pointing out but it is not very useful

Useful but basically a duplicate thread
2020-8-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 8-1 03:25
It’s great to see you haven’t change your whining, why don’t you download it yourself and let everyone know how it’s working. You’ll find delay lies with google and Apple-and their verification. But that would not support your whining.....

there is no whining just a question, i guess you see whatever your limited mind allows you to....
FYI already installed it and will be checking it out shortly, was hoping somebody already did the tests, so i don't have to waste my time to.

and is so great you are still as helpful as shi.t on the shoe
2020-8-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-1 03:52
The file on the APK mirror site won't install to either of my Samsung devices (S10, S6 Edge).  Reports generic "app not installed".  Installed to 2 of 3 of my Asus devices.   The Asus failure reports "invalid authentication".  The two Asus devices that allowed installation behaved strangely when opening.  Very slow (5 minutes) to process the resource file on initial launch.  Starts normally afterwards but I have not tested it in flight.

Highly annoying that several days after release 1.1.6 is still unavailable on the Play Store or on DJI's website.

I use the apk combo installer for both the apk and obb file, basically it makes it install as if updated directly through Google play, so no need to uninstall previous version, it directly updates the app and has the correct version a lot before it appears for me in Google play.
2020-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 8-1 04:02
there is no whining just a question, i guess you see whatever your limited mind allows you to....
FYI already installed it and will be checking it out shortly, was hoping somebody already did the tests, so i don't have to waste my time to.

“here is a link to download it in case somebody does not want to wait a week for the slowest rollout in the world:“

If that’s not whining I don’t know what is, and it’s completely wrong, saying sh*t for the sake of it...
2020-8-1
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am on 1.0.8... good enough for me and with the full feature set. Doesn't make sense to upgrade to use an app which might be more resource hungry for the added weight of the MA2 features.
2020-8-1
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

m80116 Posted at 8-1 06:11
I am on 1.0.8... good enough for me and with the full feature set. Doesn't make sense to upgrade to use an app which might be more resource hungry for the added weight of the MA2 features.

I am too...
2020-8-1
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

well bluetooth issue is still present unfortunately. So i guess all fixes are for the air 2. only good think for the mini is the UI improvements- a lot better visually and really useful information is displayed now for the battery.
2020-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbonev. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Kindly please refer to A J post on post #2 on whats new on the DJI Fly 1.1.6 application. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-8-2
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 22:25
Hello there sbonev. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Kindly please refer to A J post on post #2 on whats new on the DJI Fly 1.1.6 application. Thank you and fly safe always.

refering or not i am still wondering when will app bugs get fixed, if ever????? do you have any timeline, couple of years, perhaps? just out of curiosity...
2020-8-3
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

I have updated to 1.16 and all I can see that is new, is the battery icon is very visible and there is a drop down menu on the battery showing details on battery flight time.
2020-8-3
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

From version DJI Fly 1.1.6:
What’s New

- Updates icons for the remote controller signal and GPS signal.

- Adds Target Scanning toggle in Control settings. When enabled, aircraft will automatically scan and display targets in the Camera View (only compatible with Mavic Air 2).

- Free Hyperlapse mode now supports the Spotlight function. After users drag a box to select a target, the target automatically stays centered in the shot (only compatible with Mavic Air 2).

- Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.
All versions

DJI Fly 1.1.6

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)]July 30, 2020

[url=][/url]

Version:1.1.6
Uploaded:July 30, 2020 at 10:37PM GMT+0200
File size:85.38 MB
Downloads:2,697

2020-8-3
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

1.1.6 finally available in the Google Play store here.  Installed it and did a test flight this afternoon.  It worked and I like the new easier to see battery guage.
2020-8-4
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

I will download and hope to solve the problem with samsung note 8
2020-8-5
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What does the new battery info look like, can someone post it
2020-8-5
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

Here you go.

OK, not a very exciting photo.  The Mini was sitting on the combo case on the floor of my cluttered family room...
2020-8-5
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

After posting that, I realized it was an unfair comparison.  The issue has been being able to see the white lettering against a light sky.  So redid the photo after moving the drone a little.

Same crappy background - and yes, that is the box that the Mini came in in the left center of the image (for those that were paying attention)...
2020-8-5
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

K6CCC Posted at 8-5 15:27
After posting that, I realized it was an unfair comparison.  The issue has been being able to see the white lettering against a light sky.  So redid the photo after moving the drone a little.

[view_image]

Looks good, not yet available in Finland
2020-8-5
Use props
SEAN JOACHIM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977110 ft
St Vincent and Grenadines

yes, unfortunately bug fixes is too broad statement, hence my question if anybody has any observations on actual fixes.

Hi, I tried the apk, and i also tried the 1.1.6 version shown available in the app store on my Hauwei Honor 8x.  The Honor 8X  is one of the phones DJI recommends.  The fly app keeps reverting back to 1.1.5.  

The 1.1.6 fly became available yesterday for me for IOS devices...installed it on my Ipad mini and Iphone 7P works fine.
2020-8-6
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

SEAN JOACHIM Posted at 8-6 10:05
Hi, I tried the apk, and i also tried the 1.1.6 version shown available in the app store on my Hauwei Honor 8x.  The Honor 8X  is one of the phones DJI recommends.  The fly app keeps reverting back to 1.1.5.  

The 1.1.6 fly became available yesterday for me for IOS devices...installed it on my Ipad mini and Iphone 7P works fine.

I have  Honor 8 x
2020-8-6
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

On my huawei P30 Pro ok, but on the huawei mat 10 pro still not available.
(France)
2020-8-6
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

well that is exactly why i downloaded the google play version from other sources, cannot wait on the rollout to come my way, usually takes 7 days with dji fly app...the only app that takes literally days to get updated i already forgot there was a new version and the battery is really visible at last.
2020-8-6
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

K6CCC Posted at 8-5 15:27

[view_image]

Thanks for posting.

Anyone have any issues with iPhone and the new update? Any flight issues or anything extra they added that is unwanted (like height restriction warnings etc).
2020-8-6
Use props
NOflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22034 ft
Norway

must one manually uninstall and then install the new 1.1.6? (Android)
2020-8-7
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

NOflyer Posted at 8-7 05:38
must one manually uninstall and then install the new 1.1.6? (Android)

depends where you got the apk from...if it is from google play store, it should update correctly.
2020-8-7
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
South Africa

working on my s10+, A60 and tab 4 with no problems. Just don't see any fixes or updates on what the app or aircraft can do other than the battery icon upgrade.
2020-8-7
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Droneflier Posted at 8-7 10:26
working on my s10+, A60 and tab 4 with no problems. Just don't see any fixes or updates on what the app or aircraft can do other than the battery icon upgrade.

well for the mini the only update is the battery icon, all functionality updates are for the air 2. Mini´s updates are pretty much over, i doubt we will see anything new as functionality! actually i doubt we will even see the bugs fixed
2020-8-7
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

sbonev Posted at 8-7 11:15
well for the mini the only update is the battery icon, all functionality updates are for the air 2. Mini´s updates are pretty much over, i doubt we will see anything new as functionality! actually i doubt we will even see the bugs fixed

the crazy ... only it?
Then, the shutdown of the samsung note 8 will continue...
2020-8-7
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

ESchimidt Posted at 8-7 11:51
the crazy ... only it?
Then, the shutdown of the samsung note 8 will continue...

probably, i haven't experienced it recently to be honest. But i am flying only manual, it could be also because of that. And as it is random it is difficult to replicate. But anyway they haven't fixed the bluetooth bug which should be something easier on theory. So my money are on the restart bug still present
2020-8-7
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

I'm a newbie and I'm scared to death when the phone hangs up.
I always think I will miss the Mavic Mini.
2020-8-7
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

ESchimidt Posted at 8-7 12:22
I'm a newbie and I'm scared to death when the phone hangs up.
I always think I will miss the Mavic Mini.

the only thing i can advice you is to manually choose the channels each time you fly. this minimizes the phone crashes.
2020-8-7
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Brazil

I will do.
Thank you
2020-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced