RTH failed on 3 battery bars, FIRST ever crash, then burned :(
775 11 2020-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlpineDronesEu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

Hi just to let you why I never use RTH, even with 3 bars on the battery. My drone decided to nose dive after pressing it for probably the 2nd time in 3 years!
Have always flown back manually.
First crash since 3 yrs of ownership.

Gutted.
2020-8-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi just to let you why I never use RTH, even with 3 bars on the battery. My drone decided to nose dive after pressing it for probably the 2nd time in 3 years!
So you never use RTH because you did after flying for three years and the drone crashed?
And you just knew it would crash the drone, so that's why you never used RTH before?
I'm looking for some logic there but can't find it.

That the crash had anything to do with using RTH is highly improbable.
It would be interesting to find out what caused the incident.
Whatever it was had nothing to do with RTH.
2020-8-3
Use props
AlpineDronesEu
lvl.2
France

Labroides Posted at 8-3 08:40
Hi just to let you why I never use RTH, even with 3 bars on the battery. My drone decided to nose dive after pressing it for probably the 2nd time in 3 years!
So you never use RTH because you did after flying for three years and the drone crashed?
And you just knew it would crash the drone, so that's why you never used RTH before?

The fact that I always fly back manually without any problem suggests I don't trust RTH, then when I do for the first time in ages, it crashes the drone unit.

So In this case, it appears it was a test that failed, unknowing that it would actually crash and lose the drone.

More often than not, expectation and faith in a function designed for it's intended use usually prevails with a high chance of success probability, after rigorous testing, but in this case that low chance of probability can sometimes become truth, whether you have a forethought or afterthought of imaginary or reasonable doubt.

Just because you have 3 bars of battery is NOT a safety net with RTH.
2020-8-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AlpineDronesEu Posted at 8-3 23:20
The fact that I always fly back manually without any problem suggests I don't trust RTH, then when I do for the first time in ages, it crashes the drone unit.

So In this case, it appears it was a test that failed, unknowing that it would actually crash and lose the drone.

So your testing proves that RTH will crasjh your drone 100% of the time you use it?
You have no idea what caused your crash, you haven't looked into any evidence.

More often than not, expectation and faith in a function designed for it's intended use usually prevails with a high chance of success probability, after rigorous testing, but in this case that low chance of probability can sometimes become truth, whether you have a forethought or afterthought of imaginary or reasonable doubt.
It's hard to tell what this meaningless nonsense means.
I'm guessing you have unreasonable imaginings.

Just because you have 3 bars of battery is NOT a safety net with RTH.
This is meaningless.
You had lots of battery .. so what!

Forget all this nonsense and start all over again.
You crashed your drone in RTH but don't understand why.

What actually caused your crash?
Let's find out.
Can you post your flight data ... it might have some clues.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file

2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gutted. I am sorry to read and to know know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and for the trouble this has caused. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and please stay safe always.
2020-8-4
Use props
AlpineDronesEu
lvl.2
France

THanks for your help with this, it is much appreciated.

Unfortunately I still am yet to recover my drone due to the highly dense terrain. I have used a friend's drone to fly over the suspected area on a sunny day in an attempt to retrieve it but still no joy
2020-8-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

AlpineDronesEu Posted at 8-13 22:14
THanks for your help with this, it is much appreciated.

Unfortunately I still am yet to recover my drone due to the highly dense terrain. I have used a friend's drone to fly over the suspected area on a sunny day in an attempt to retrieve it but still no joy

did not test the function find my drone? it will tell you the approximate location

2020-8-13
Use props
AlpineDronesEu
lvl.2
France

There is no FIND MY DRONE option available on the P4P+
2020-8-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

AlpineDronesEu Posted at 8-13 23:49
There is no FIND MY DRONE option available on the P4P+

Wow inconceivable for such an expensive device ...
2020-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AlpineDronesEu Posted at 8-13 23:49

If you want help to find exactly what Find-my-drone would tell you (and possibly more).
Follow the instructions I gave in post #5 above.
Post your flight data and I'll see if we can get a likely search area.
2020-8-14
Use props
AlpineDronesEu
lvl.2
France

After searching for months and still NOT finding my drone, do I need to sign up to DJI CLoud to get my flights logs of my P4P+ controller? any help with this is much appreciated.
2020-10-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlpineDronesEu Posted at 10-26 03:20
After searching for months and still NOT finding my drone, do I need to sign up to DJI CLoud to get my flights logs of my P4P+ controller? any help with this is much appreciated.

isn`t your flightlog on your moble device?  as all DJI crafts flightlogs are....(afaik)
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules