Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A2 upgrade F.U. my Z-15 with sony nex7. PLEASE HELP
1562 7 2014-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubenmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I upgraded everything for the A2 upgrade and made the new set up (the S900 flyes perfect).
Also upgraded the Z-15 with the Sony Nex7 as said.

But it now just spin like crazy in all directions. I have no idea what to do and searched all over for a solution.

PS: Use lightbridge and Futaba SG14 in case it is something there. The lightbridge groundstation is updated recent.

Hope for some help.

R.

2014-11-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you please make sure the GCU is updated on the z15?
2014-11-20
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-21 01:01
Can you please make sure the GCU is updated on the z15?

This is from my Z-15
2014-11-20
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

How it looks. Its just spinning.

The roll "engine" gets real hot after a while.
2014-11-20
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rubenmail@gmail Posted at 2014-11-21 05:12
How it looks. Its just spinning.
How it spins

Well you are up to date but I have a feeling this has to do with the new a2 firmware and compatibility with the nex7 gimbal FW.

I will let DJI respond
2014-11-20
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Hi
DJI has taken action and let me return it after doing some testing they asked me to do first.
So I ship it later today.

Thanks for your help!!
2014-11-21
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bummer, no problem man.
2014-11-21
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Hi

Just wanted to leave a update.
Yesterday I got the mail from DJI with what was wrong with the Zenmuse. As stated above I was sure it was the A2 upgrade.
This happened to be a coincidence. I dove a Z-15 just above the ocean and as I saw it 10 meters ahead I ignored the IOSD warning as I was sure it was 1 meter above the water. That was an illusion due to reflection so I dipped it just into the ocean enough to make it spin and short out both camera and Z-15. It was just a touch but enough. It was not even a drop on the rig.

Wanted to upgrade to 1000+ with the Canon I choose to by a used Zenmuse with a Canon Nex 7. When I got it the correct lens was not there and I was with the understanding that it had been sold by itself. But when then talking to the seller he had not used the correct one and had himself adjusted the plate to make it stable. He told me the mm I had to move it again to use the original lens.

Here is what DJI said yesterday:
The gimbal not working has nothing to do with the A2 update.

The roll motor is failing to turn which is stopping the initialisation procedure from completing.
The reason why the motor is not turning is because the gimbal is completely out of balance.
The motors are not powerful enough to turn the gimbal when it is out of balance, it is moving a weight it is not designed for.
Normally we would not cover this repair under warranty.
But this time the technician has done so.
The repair has been completed and the gimbal is on its way to you.

So even the smallest off balance can do that much damage. I (And the seller who did not inform me before and not had to by me a new one) had luck and thanks again to DJI for great service.

Just wanted to post this as I put the "blame" on the A2. I guess naturally as it broke the first test after upgrading. Right should be right and credit given!! Also it stand for others who think it can be adjusted by yourself. I see a lot of videos out there that show you how to adjust for another camera. I had before this not really been thinking it was SO small margins but then again DJI use a lot of stickers and info to state this clearly. I also think thats why they are the best in my experience. They are 100% optimized for the camera and lens.

well thats the update :-)

2015-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules