Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello there!

Although this is the official DJI-support-forum, it might be interesting for you
to know, that Litchi has launched a first beta of their app.

Tracking is possible, not perfect, but possible.
Waypoints and Orbit are not supported by the SDK and are not available.

2020-8-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Ios beta?

Thanks for being one of the first showcasing litchi with the mini, been on the fence about picking it up and wanted to see some videos with the mini first.

Can you tell me, are you able to switch flight modes through the litchi app? (P, Sport, C)

2020-8-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi, thank you so much for this video but I'll wait for the final version because the actually it's not great
2020-8-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-8-6
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

Woohooo!! So much for all the negative "will never come - buy another drone" people.
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks so much for sharing.
2020-8-6
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

How to get this beta?
2020-8-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-6 06:47
No one said it would never come.  They said it would not come from DJI, but from a third-party app like Litchi after the SDK was released.

Indeed.

I think a lot of people fail to see the obvious.

DJI make money by selling drones, their app is basically free.

So their focus is on hardware and how to sell more of it. Giving out an SDK and allowing other people to innovate and create additional functionality is perfect for them.

If anyone drives more hardware sales by addition application functionality, then DJI wins both ways.

Three ways if you include, "sorry your warranty claim is denied because you were using a non DJI application."

DJI are very Chinese.   

2020-8-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

thE29 Posted at 8-6 06:42
Woohooo!! So much for all the negative "will never come - buy another drone" people.

I send you my address for a Mavic 2 zoom
2020-8-6
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-6 06:47
No one said it would never come.  They said it would not come from DJI, but from a third-party app like Litchi after the SDK was released.

Trust me, enough have said it in that way..  Even with the SDK.

example: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =208241&pid=2233068

And currently it looks like Active track costs around ~25€
2020-8-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Android just got the beta, I'm tempted to pick it up.
2020-8-6
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-6 10:52
Android just got the beta, I'm tempted to pick it up.
I would wait for the final version and especially the tests before taking litchi, Taking a beta involves a lot of risks..
2020-8-6
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Good start at least
2020-8-6
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

and here is my second test:

2020-8-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Not brilliant but ok for B roll footage
2020-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 8-6 22:59
and here is my second test:

https://youtu.be/cvIyct1CvHg

2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thE29 Posted at 8-6 09:59
Trust me, enough have said it in that way..  Even with the SDK.

example: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =208241&pid=2233068

I’m afraid that’s not Active Track as one would know it, you already have similar on the mini, and if dji had this AT on the mini this forum would be lit up with complaints, don’t forget you are paying 7% of the cost of your mini for this and it’s basically not very good. But enjoy the frustration....
2020-8-7
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 01:16
I’m afraid that’s not Active Track as one would know it, you already have similar on the mini, and if dji had this AT on the mini this forum would be lit up with complaints, don’t forget you are paying 7% of the cost of your mini for this and it’s basically not very good. But enjoy the frustration....

You are absolutely right!
The limits of the Mini cripple the possbilities of all 3rd party apps.
There are some good things in Litchi, but as you said, everybody has to consider,
that one have to pay extra 25 USD...
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

On my case,i've been electronic video games products developer and designer and i value the effort of the coding ,,, i wonder if the litchi developer would offer us two new quickshots modes not available on the mini but yes on the rest of DJI series,i talk about BOOMERANG and TINYPLANET , for me it would be enough to pay those 25$ , 25$ which i spend just opening the door of my home and buying a few beers and chips on a kiosk,about the follow me? well,, a GPS controller follow me is enough i think, according as Mini hasn't sensors and you always need to check the environment around.
What i don't consider right is the lazyness of the DJI fw/software developers,about our requests,they don't consider any of the requested features, and for me it's not a reason the comments from someones ,,something like "you bought this product like it was and you should be happy with it" .. like i told above , i designed some products,and i always made upgrades to offer the best features to my customers .... that's the point of the support on a good company,, i think that DJI is ,, but they are failing on this part, undervaluing MAVIC MINI customers,to profit MA2 ones.....this behaviour makes to think about MA2 customers will be undervalued when a new drone like MAVIC 3 would be released.
2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UweE Posted at 8-7 03:54
You are absolutely right!
The limits of the Mini cripple the possbilities of all 3rd party apps.
There are some good things in Litchi, but as you said, everybody has to consider,

Litchi is a really good app and I have been using it for almost 5 years. I’m a little disappointed that waypoints are not possible for the mini , but if you’re intending to purchase other drones in the future litchi is a once off payment that allows you to operate with all or most dji drones.
2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 8-7 04:26
On my case,i've been electronic video games products developer and designer and i value the effort of the coding ,,, i wonder if the litchi developer would offer us two new quickshots modes not available on the mini but yes on the rest of DJI series,i talk about BOOMERANG and TINYPLANET , for me it would be enough to pay those 25$ , 25$ which i spend just opening the door of my home and buying a few beers and chips on a kiosk,about the follow me? well,, a GPS controller follow me is enough i think, according as Mini hasn't sensors and you always need to check the environment around.
What i don't consider right is the lazyness of the DJI fw/software developers,about our requests,they don't consider any of the requested features, and for me it's not a reason the comments from someones ,,something like "you bought this product like it was and you should be happy with it" .. like i told above , i designed some products,and i always made upgrades to offer the best features to my customers .... that's the point of the support on a good company,, i think that DJI is ,, but they are failing on this part, undervaluing MAVIC MINI customers,to profit MA2 ones.....this behaviour makes to think about MA2 customers will be undervalued when a new drone like MAVIC 3 would be released.

In someways you are right, but they’re always limits to everything in life, it’s difficult to imagine that buyers of the mini would expect to have access to all features of the M2P or even an Air2 .

So yes I agree simple stuff like having correct FW installed to allow all third parties to develop their products so users can extend the range of capabilities possible particularly with introductory drones like mini. It does seem strange that they have basically left out the necessary to allow third parties to set waypoint programs etc, so I agree there should be more consideration to allow for more scope from third parties.
2020-8-7
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 05:13
Litchi is a really good app and I have been using it for almost 5 years. I’m a little disappointed that waypoints are not possible for the mini , but if you’re intending to purchase other drones in the future litchi is a once off payment that allows you to operate with all or most dji drones.

Waypoints are possible with Dronelink - I've just returned from a session trying them out and they seem to work well.
2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

vortex19 Posted at 8-7 06:54
Waypoints are possible with Dronelink - I've just returned from a session trying them out and they seem to work well.

Again they are very much watered down because of limitations of the mini. For instance with something like P4 pro or M2 waypoints works somewhat independent of RC ie if you embark on a mission and you go out of radio range your drone will continue to fly and finish the mission so there are very few limitations including distance or blocked out signal.

I understand and have had a look at drone link and again I’m not knocking their program, but somehow dji managed to dilute the chance of any third party implementing full waypoints. Glad you’re enjoying the new features.
2020-8-7
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 07:22
Again they are very much watered down because of limitations of the mini. For instance with something like P4 pro or M2 waypoints works somewhat independent of RC ie if you embark on a mission and you go out of radio range your drone will continue to fly and finish the mission so there are very few limitations including distance or blocked out signal.

I understand and have had a look at drone link and again I’m not knocking their program, but somehow dji managed to dilute the chance of any third party implementing full waypoints. Glad you’re enjoying the new features.

I'm not allowed to fly my drone out of radio range as I can't then continue to monitor it, so I don't see that as a limitation.
2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

vortex19 Posted at 8-7 07:29
I'm not allowed to fly my drone out of radio range as I can't then continue to monitor it, so I don't see that as a limitation.

You misunderstand, if you set up a full mission go out and fly this mission and for any reason you lose RC signal you will then have a choice preflight to set to continue mission or abort and Rth . They’re many other features missing with drone link waypoints .
2020-8-7
Use props
Ewa i Piotr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1288776 ft
Poland

Any news about RAW (DNG) support for Mavic Mini in Litchie?
2020-8-7
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Ewa i Piotr Posted at 8-7 09:49
Any news about RAW (DNG) support for Mavic Mini in Litchie?

Not possible! as long as DJI will not open this in
the firmware, nobody can do something
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post. Just friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend using any third party application. This application may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and comparability during flight. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-8-7
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

In queue to beta test the app. Considering it gets 3.9 out of 5 stars I have no big expectations.

I am just looking to try something else, report back on the quality (which I am quite accustomed to do) and move on. Surely I'll tell them 25 EUR asking price is a folly for Mavic Mini considering you can't even exploit orbits or waypoints.

Since it's so easy to spawn apps they should come out with a dedicated app targeting Mavic Mini users with a reduced asking price.
2020-8-8
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 8-8 06:53
In queue to beta test the app. Considering it gets 3.9 out of 5 stars I have no big expectations.

I am just looking to try something else, report back on the quality (which I am quite accustomed to do) and move on. Surely I'll tell them 25 EUR asking price is a folly for Mavic Mini considering you can't even exploit orbits or waypoints.

With regards to the possibly reducing the price, that would only be a reasonable request if the app offered a reduced feature set for the Mini - Litchi currently does but Dronelink seems to offer the same feature set for all drones.
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Yes... they should close the workarounds to avoid unsolicited users buying the Mavic Mini app to control other drones or let MM owners use a full feature set the might want to hold up for the full scale version of their app, their business not mine.

The asking price is still ludicrously ridiculous for a piece of software capitalizing on an SDK... wondering how much time it would take to develop or how many lines of code it might be. I've seen genuine licenses of Windows sold for that price... we could argue all we want how much crap Windows is these days but it's still a hands down win for the Microsoft software. Using that scale o copy of Windows could probably cost in excess of 10.000 EUR or more...
2020-8-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If litchi can do it I'm sure DJI can do it better.
2020-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Hmm. Thank you for that. I have a Mini which I fly with the DJI Fly App.  I have Litchi for my other drones. I'm not convinced yet that Litchi will revolutionise the capabilities of the mini. Thanks for the share.
2020-8-14
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-7 09:12
That is a self-imposed limitation you've chosen to accept.  With a persistent RC connection limit, you can't even spiral a building a couple hundred feet away.  It's like submitting to a mandatory mask mandate when it states right on the package the product offers no protection against a virus.[Image]

That's a good example, both those rules are there to protect others not yourself.
2020-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

vortex19 Posted at 8-8 08:07
With regards to the possibly reducing the price, that would only be a reasonable request if the app offered a reduced feature set for the Mini - Litchi currently does but Dronelink seems to offer the same feature set for all drones.

There are other benefits of using litchi. First and most important many drone users tend to upgrade their drones, so enabling litchi for virtually nothing to their new drone. You can also fly normal flying using litchi app, which has other features like voice response which is tremendously helpful for some users. It’s constantly being updated free and I imagine this will continue, It’s a pretty safe app and for $25 it’s a steal , it’s probably something you will use a lot more than a ND 4 filter which costs around the same price.

Yes you cannot utilize fully the app, but it has some stuff you can use , but once off payment no license fee at $25 everyone should have litchi.

2020-8-15
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-15 04:34
How is being unable to circle a building right across the street protecting anyone?

How is wearing a mask that specifically states it offers no viral protection "protecting"?

Both regulations are designed to protect others, I won't get drawn into how effective they are but they are regulations.

Most people will abide by them, some won't
2020-8-15
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-15 04:15
You have a $500-1000 drone, likely scores of accessories, but $25 for an app is "ludicrously ridiculous"?

DroneLink's "introductory" price is $20, BTW.

And anyway... speaking of a software which is heavily capitalizing on a niche market: I can't even test it out, not even beta versions of said app.

If you think your app is good enough you should at least allow part or full limited use... so you can convince me. I am not going to invest on something I can't try and have to pay beforeahand (with no possibility of license return), especially when referring to software, something that takes nothing to ship, install, uninstall.

The ratings reflect my concerns, there's a whole array of apps (not only Litchi) for which capitalizing on users' demand and plainly ignore needs for trials and transparency is more important than user respect, leading up to very delusional outcomes (see ratings).
2020-8-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-15 04:34
How is being unable to circle a building right across the street protecting anyone?

How is wearing a mask that specifically states it offers no viral protection "protecting"?
Wildly off-topic response follows. Sorry, I am desperately trying to protect my 95 year old mom from the idiots running my state who are trying to off her:
"How is wearing a mask that specifically states it offers no viral protection "protecting"?"
Really? That warning is for the USER! It is not for those around the user. It DOES protect them from you. Medical pros like doctors and nurses wear them all the time in the operating rooms....not to protect themselves...get it? I will try to make it easy to understand...if everyone wears one, we all are somewhat protected. This is all about doing what is best for the greater number, not just those with "personal liberty" fetishes.

"Most who are infected suffer mild or NO symptoms"
By that very statement, you admit that anyone can be a carrier to infect those who are vulnerable. Too bad there is no easy way to isolate those unknowing carriers isn't it? Or is there?
2020-8-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules