Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why the sudden price drop? Inspire 2?
7293 31 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayd93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

So here and that's not the only one, there is at least 5 sellers that are selling it that low.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DJI-Inspire-1-RC-Drone-GPS-720p-HD-Quadcopter-w-4K-Camera-3-Axis-Gimbal-/321732038888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae8b950e8

What happened? It's very attractive price but I'm scared now as I work for electronic store myself and companies like Sony and BOSE etc drop the prices before announcing something new/upgraded.

2015-6-20
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Probably just supply and demand.  When there are few available and everyone wants it at once you don't see big discounts.  

Must just mean DJI has generous margins to resellers and those with low or no overheads work on thin profits.

Seller feedback seems okay but you'd want to ensure these aren't factory returns or refurbished.   

Also, if the seller can't support you like a dealer can you'll be screwed since DJI only deals directly with customers that bought from them.  Everyone else needs to go through their dealer for warranty issues.
2015-6-20
Use props
f1
lvl.3

United States

The eBay ad says...

"$3,399.00 You save: $899.01 (26% off)Now:US $2,499.99 "

But when you read the fine print this is a single controller setup, so the actual retail price is 2899 for a "savings" of $400 not $899 as the ad claims.  So to start with I would be concerned.

Also, while they have some really big feedback numbers.  They have a lot of negatives lately.

Positive feedback rating        Positive                    906          6169        14736
Neutral feedback rating        Neutral                         3           32                      81
Negative feedback rating        Negative                      10           76            171

Here is a link to their 2 controller sale (it is 3399)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DJI- ... hash=item33a15bb149
Lastly, it is fine with me if the prices drop.  The used ones seem to run about 500 under the new ones, so I would pick up a used one if the market drives them down to the sub-2000 mark.  Not planning on selling mine, so the price dosen't matter to me.

2015-6-20
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

f1@frankschaffe Posted at 2015-6-21 07:10
The eBay ad says...

"$3,399.00 You save: $899.01 (26% off)Now:US $2,499.99 "

Completely agree withe f1.   And look at the actual feedback, bad news.

I'm all for getting a good deal but this say "go away" all over it.

And if you need support, like I said in my above post, forget about it!   As soon as you receive the Inspire I'm confident that will be the last you ever hear from them, which is the opposite of what you need if the warranty comes into play.

2015-6-20
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the research, I'll stay away from this guy but Here's is another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-INSP ... =ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

He even agreed and sent me a picture of the box with the ''D'' On it, I'm guessing that's the newest version which is very important for me.
2015-6-20
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

The nice thing with Ebay and Paypal is that you are fairly safe (at least in the US) from bad experiences. They do a lot to cover the customer...
2015-6-20
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-21 09:27
Thanks for the research, I'll stay away from this guy but Here's is another one:

http://www.ebay.co ...

Ask if he's in a position to help with warranty repairs and service questions.  They will of course say "yes, we stand behind it" but I would delve a bit deeper.

When my second remote bricked DJI were very happy to talk to me and help me troubleshoot the issue, but when it came to the actual replacement they made it 100% clear this happens through the dealer.   

You send your items to them and they replace them on your behalf.

I'm not 100% sure how this relates to regular repairs, perhaps someone else can comment.

But it made me very happy that I bought from a local dealer as the process was easy.

What you don't want is some guy sitting in a big garage full of all kinds of different stuff.  They won't know what's what and it could take months of frustration to sort out, and to me that has a cash value.

At the moment you are set to save $249 compared to B&H.   I'm all for saving every penny I can, and have become very good at evaluating price differences as you are doing here, but my first hand experience is this transaction one way or another is to continue beyond the initial purchase, and having a number to call when something goes wrong is pretty important.
2015-6-20
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-21 09:52
Ask if he's in a position to help with warranty repairs and service questions.  They will of course ...

I do not understand why I can't replace product with DJI if something breaks. It's their friggin product, they have dealers they sold their products to so if something breaks they can't possibly expect a DEALER to fix it. DJI step up your shit. Your shit you fix it.
2015-6-20
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-21 10:37
I do not understand why I can't replace product with DJI if something breaks. It's their friggin p ...

Nope.  If a dealer sells it, it goes back through them.  That's the policy!   

Resistance is futile!    :@
To be clear the dealer doesn't fix it, but they facilitate the transaction.  Probably makes sense as DJI doesn't want to deal with each customer individually and have to teach them the process.  Relying on dealers to manage the communication actually makes sense to a point, especially when you are far away from DJI.
2015-6-20
Use props
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI tightly controls retail prices so if you see discounts you need to be wary of the seller. In the US it's actually illegal to force retailers to sell at list price so the way manufacturers prevent dealers from discounting is by limiting inventory to discounters and/or or not renewing their reseller agreements. That's why certain brands are rarely available at a discount despite broad distribution channels (i.e. Apple) while others are nearly always discounted (i.e. HP). eBayers are generally not official resellers so that's why you'll often see discounts there that are not available elsewhere. And you are left to wonder where and how they received the product they are discounting.

I've posted many times that the Inspire will likely have a price drop in the next few months because DJI has already demonstrated that practice with the Phantom series. And when you see DJI drop the price of the Inspire 1, then all dealers will follow with the exact same discount. It will also mean the Inspire 2 will be available within 1 to 3 months.
2015-6-20
Use props
f1
lvl.3

United States

This second eBay link is also using the 2 controller price as trending for his 1 controller sale, so there is a bit of a disconnect in prices there.

Is it ignorance or is it deceit?
2015-6-21
Use props
f1
lvl.3

United States

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-21 09:49
The nice thing with Ebay and Paypal is that you are fairly safe (at least in the US) from bad experi ...

This is true, as long as you don't mind having $2500 tied up for a month while you file a dispute and get your refund.
2015-6-21
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

f1@frankschaffe Posted at 2015-6-21 20:08
This is true, as long as you don't mind having $2500 tied up for a month while you file a dispute  ...

Well this guy is definitely not a dealer but I'll ask where He got it from so I won't need to drive to Minnesota to freaking exchange it. I would gladly buy directly from DJI but like someone said they might not even give me the ''D'' Model.
2015-6-21
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

When buying from dji direct be careful of the "international fee" that gets tagged on depending on how you pay. If you want it faster I would go b&h or Amazon they have no question exchanges and great customer service. Just my two cents. I am also in the market for one just not in a hurry to do the upgrade yet.
2015-6-21
Use props
InspirelessAggi
Second Officer

United States

Has anyone bought from Amazon and used the full 30 days for returns?
2015-6-21
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-22 04:52
When buying from dji direct be careful of the "international fee" that gets tagged on depending on h ...

But there is no telling which model I'll get besides, the tax in NY! You buy 2 Inspires and the tax total will be enough to buy a bebop as a backup.
2015-6-21
Use props
larsjoh
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-22 04:52
When buying from dji direct be careful of the "international fee" that gets tagged on depending on h ...

Not sure what "international fee" is, purchased my I1 direct from DJI all taxes and freight was included and I paid list price.
2015-6-21
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

larsjoh@me.com Posted at 2015-6-22 07:43
Not sure what "international fee" is, purchased my I1 direct from DJI all taxes and freight was in ...

I purchased my Phantom 3 and I had no tax or shipping fee. But then again It was send from China
2015-6-21
Use props
ssteenberg
lvl.1

United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-22 04:59
Has anyone bought from Amazon and used the full 30 days for returns?

I did buy from Amazon and returned it on the 30th day for full refund.
2015-6-21
Use props
Fred D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Bought mine directly from DJI and only paid the list price, no shipping, no fee's and no taxes
2015-6-22
Use props
InspirelessAggi
Second Officer

United States

ssteenberg@gmai Posted at 2015-6-22 12:56
I did buy from Amazon and returned it on the 30th day for full refund.

then that's the way to go.
2015-6-22
Use props
kgarrison
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If someone is selling below $2899 (single) or $3399 (dual) they are in violation of DJI pricing policies and it is HIGHLY unlikely they are an authorized dealer.
2015-6-23
Use props
KnightOwl
lvl.4

United States

larsjoh@me.com Posted at 2015-6-22 07:43
Not sure what "international fee" is, purchased my I1 direct from DJI all taxes and freight was in ...

Most likely the international fee referred to is not from DJI but if you paid for your Inspire via credit card some of them charge a small percentage (approx. 3-5%) for purchases made outside the United States.  
2015-6-23
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

f1@frankschaffe Posted at 2015-6-21 20:08
This is true, as long as you don't mind having $2500 tied up for a month while you file a dispute  ...

At least a month. I once had a PayPal dispute for $30 (a copy of Bioshock for Xbox 360 I sold) go on for 6 months. I had actually forgotten about it completely when I got an email "congratulating" me on my successful dispute resolution.
2015-6-23
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-22 09:28
I purchased my Phantom 3 and I had no tax or shipping fee. But then again It was send from China

Did you have to pay any duty on delivery? I was wondering about that myself as far as direct from DJI ordering goes.

Canada Customers and Revenue is kinda picky about anything coming into the country that they can't try to leech some money off of so I've been hesitant to order direct.
2015-6-23
Use props
bob
lvl.1

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-21 11:34

Resistance is futil ...

"Last edited by jimhare In 2015-6-21 11:35 Editor

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-21 10:37
    I do not understand why I can't replace product with DJI if something breaks. It's their friggin p ...

Resistance is futile!   
To be clear the dealer doesn't fix it, but they facilitate the transaction.  Probably makes sense as DJI doesn't want to deal with each customer individually and have to teach them the process.  Relying on dealers to manage the communication actually makes sense to a point, especially when you are far away from DJI."

Wha???  I bought through coptershop (an authorized dealer) and had a problem and they said send it straight to DJI.  There was no dealer involvement.  In fact, they said there's nothing they can do.
2015-6-23
Use props
InspirelessAggi
Second Officer

United States

I spoke with a dealer this morning asking about something unrelated to the inspire.   After that conversation, I directed a question about the inspire and what would happen if it had a mechanical failure and not pilot error.  he sounded like I mentioned a plague when I spoke of the inspire...Like he didn't want to deal with it.   Could totally relate to the long service times and how much frustration it's causing his customer base.  He basically said you have 7 days to send it back to them for exchange.  After that, they send it off to DJI.  But you had to send it to them first.  I won't mention the dealers name because I don't see it relevant and I don't want any problems with them.  They've been good with phantom 3 accessories.  But he sounded like I kicked him when I asked about the inspire.
2015-6-23
Use props
leoamartinez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hello mate, could you explain to me the difference between "C" and "D" version?

Thanks in advance...
2015-6-23
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

bob Posted at 2015-6-23 23:32
"Last edited by jimhare In 2015-6-21 11:35 Editor

Posted at 2015-6-21 10:37

Was this for a warranty issue or repair due to pilot error?

I imagine paid repairs would go straight back but everything else through the dealer.

Again, mine was a R/C replacement through warranty.   DJI were incredibly clear.  I'll try to find the email if I can.
2015-6-23
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-24 05:24
Was this for a warranty issue or repair due to pilot error?

I imagine paid repairs would go strai ...

I've got my Inspire 1, brand new, foils and wraps everywhere!
2015-6-23
Use props
druiser
New

United States

Is this legit? $1,500 seems too good to be true.

http://yokastoreonline.net/DJI-I ... -and-free-case.html
2015-6-24
Use props
shayd93
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

druiser Posted at 2015-6-25 02:19
Is this legit? $1,500 seems too good to be true.

http://yokastoreonline.net/DJI-INSPIRE-1-Quadcopte ...

Inspire 2 is coming
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules