1928 29 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

No no I'm not renting L1, I'm trying to borrow one in exchange for some slightly green tinted paper. I would prefer someone in Tri State Area but further with shipping option is also good. I would rent it for 4-5 Days.
2015-6-20
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

...not sure you'll get interest in this option...
2015-6-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

Not sure there will be loads of interest?
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-21 19:20
**** The posts are shielded ****

Hey GrahamJ!

I noticed when your posts are blocked on our end, there is an iPhone symbol covering your photo, on each blocked reply. What gives, buddy?

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-21 20:10
Hey GrahamJ!

I noticed when your posts are blocked on our end, there is an iPhone symbol covering ...

I know mate, and it's so frustrating, because I have no idea why it happens.  In terms of the iPhone icon, I'm using my iPad to post, so not sure if that has something to do with it?  As far as my content goes, I never post content that is even close to being suspect in any regard, so, again, I don't know.  But, it's happening so much, that it's not worth responding on the forum any longer.
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-21 20:22
I know mate, and it's so frustrating, because I have no idea why it happens.  In terms of the iPho ...

Based upon experience with customer service, NEVER AGAIN. You spend your money the way you want, as it's your money. But, since you asked for opinions so, for what it's worth, I'll offer my nickels worth of advice. Here's a quick Q & A to hopefully help you find the answer that best fits your needs;

Q: Are you simply buying this 'toy' because of the cool factor/bragging rights?
A: If you smiled at the word 'toy' and 'cool factor', I would suggest you look somewhere else. Here's the reason, when, not if, it breaks or gets broken, you will be left with little more than serious buyers remorse. If you can truly justify putting out $4000 and it doesn’t put a slight kink in your neck when you think about the chance that it could be gone in seconds, go for it.

Q: In making your decision, how much target research did you do outside of the realm of the basic comments of this, or any other forum?
A: If you are like the majority of persons who have bought this machine, an honest answer will most likely be, that your decision is based more in the 'WANT' category and not the 'NEED' factor. That said, you are basing your purchase based on the hype and not the real version of the machine. If indeed, you are a professional videographer or photographer, you will weigh the pros and cons of this gizmo, if instead you are an aspiring person, just getting started- SAVE YOUR MONEY. There are many other options out there available right now for 1/3rd the cost. To purchase this with the hopes it will do all the work for you to help propel your becoming the next Spielberg, would be consistent with buying an Eric Clapton guitar with no musical knowledge or experience.

Q: Say you are purchasing for the speed, fine. Ask yourself, how many high end video or photo shots are you going to get at a high rate of speed?
A: In truth, not many.

Q: You think the 360 degree camera is awesome? How many times are you and your camera person (Yes, it takes two persons to really set up the cinema style shots) going to be using this feature?
A: In truth, not many. Watch the videos...even the follow me, full circle and way points (not available) utilize the bird facing the object, nose forward. If you are a truly coordinated team, you two may pull off a 360 shot within the first 10 shots of the same thing. Fancy landing gear and 360* cameras only add to the 'more things to go wrong' factor.

Q: Ask yourself this; How proficient are you and your skills navigating a machine this size, weight and speed capabilities without the aide of GPS, in other words, the "You're on your own" mode known as manual flying.
A: Hopefully, you've put in some serious hours flying within different environments, understanding the basics and keeping cool when the pooh-pooh hits the fan. If not, consider the fact that this is not a toy and could cause serious damage or harm if it gets away.

Q: In being a responsible pilot, are you willing to pay $1000 a year on average for liability insurance?
A: If you just asked, "Why would I need insurance?" Put your credit card back in your wallet and step away from the drone. Think of what could happen, should a flyaway occur.

Q: Considering how much the unit costs, how much time to do you seriously and realistically see yourself spending flying the unit?
A: On average, unless you simply have nothing else in the world to do, you will spend about 10, maybe 12 hours a month in flying. Honestly, I think that's more in the beginning, after a couple of months, the time will begin to dwindle. What this essentially means is that, in one years time @ 365 days, if it was flown for 1 hour each day, your average cost would run just at $14 for each flight, if you paid exactly $4000 for the unit, with two controllers and 3 extra batts and carry liability insurance.

I could go on, but really don't see the need. Your choice is your own. Choose wisely. Please, keep in mind, if you live in a populated area, do the right thing, get liability insurance As well, please don't put others in harms way by doing not so smart things. Please, follow the current FAA guidelines, so that those who are responsible do not have their privileges removed due to the "Because This Person Did That, You're All Grounded" law.

These comments and questions are not meant as mean or otherwise. Simply, they are based upon common variables and point of humble opinion and provided as means of helping ones thought process prior to making this type of purchase.

I wish you well and stress free flying,

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

I know mate, and it's so frustrating, because I have no idea why it happens.  In terms of the iPho ...

GrahamJ!-

Stick around, buddy! We need the input you offer from The Land of Down Under.

It's just a glitch...I believe it happened with that last website firmware update of 6.9.69

Perhaps we have been reduced to just sign language on the forum? As a matter of fact...I can think of a sign to offer them right now. JK!!!
Gosh, I hope this doesn't brick my keypad or blank out my monitor....

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

GrahamJ!-

Does the above look familiar, mate?!!?

I'm not using an Apple product, so that's not it. Seems that we have been put on the "No Comments Allowed" list. Perhaps the truth sayers are being 'shewed' away?
Let the censorship begin...

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

*Facepalm*
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

shayd93-

...and you want one of these units? If I may, RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

-S.N.

(Sorry to highjack your thread, sir. I tried to answer back but...)
2015-6-21
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Just curious.No real content here.Just seeing if I will get blocked as well.
Oh yeah....Save Your Money!!  Do Not Buy An Inspire 1!!
2015-6-21
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-21 21:54
GrahamJ!-

Love your work mate...we'll persevere !
2015-6-22
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-21 21:54
GrahamJ!-

Look...I just got blocked for thanking you, and agreeing with you!
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-6-22 18:10
Look...I just got blocked for thanking you, and agreeing with you!

Okay, here's something to try...if I type into 'the box' does it work?

Yes...
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

What if I attempt to post from a copy and paste within 'WORD'...

"Glitchy hardware, glitchy firmware, glitchy forum...Yikes! This place has more bugs than a cheap bed in a back alley, 4th world country. Somebody get the RAID."

Wow! It worked! Hahahahahaha!

It has to be system wide issue, no surprise. Graham, I'm right there with you buddy and have no idea. Perhaps it's just a 'tail chaser' program?

-S.N.
2015-6-22
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I used to pick my nose in church...

ok just testing to see if my posts are blocked too.
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-6-22 19:23

ronnydsosa- Ah ha!!!

That would explain the sticky Bibles...

Thanks for trying, sir.

-S.N.
2015-6-22
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Which tri state shayd?  I'm not sure about another pilot having control but if your talking a Midwest tri state close to me I might be able to help out.
2015-6-22
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

busclas Posted at 2015-6-22 21:45
Which tri state shayd?  I'm not sure about another pilot having control but if your talking a Midwes ...

New York City, besides nevermind. I have purchased Inspire 1
2015-6-22
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Ya I'm a Midwest tri state so couldn't have helped anyway.
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-23 04:04
New York City, besides nevermind. I have purchased Inspire 1

Good luck, buddy. I seriously hope you do well.

-S.N.
2015-6-22
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-6-22 19:23

Lol...love your work!
2015-6-24
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-22 19:27
ronnydsosa- Ah ha!!!

That would explain the sticky Bibles...

Lol...love it!
2015-6-24
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Thanks to dundee The Great, I PM'd you, sir. Did you get it?

-S.N.
2015-6-24
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-25 05:39

-S.N.

Yes my bud, and I replied....  
2015-6-25
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

-S.N.

I said yes, but got moderated again!
2015-6-25
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

-S.N.

Ok, let me just say: yes
2015-6-25
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-6-25 18:50
Ok, let me just say: yes

In the past two weeks, there are those of us who have experienced a post or nearly every post (as in the case of Overmind aka GrahamJ of Australia) being blocked or “shielded by the moderator”. As such, I’ve been going over some of the interesting ideas and ‘facts’ behind why, several of us are indeed being randomly blocked when posting as we do, while others seem to run amuck, posting anything they feel appropriate.

I've compiled a small list of reasons that I hope will clearup and clarify the situation. Your posts being blocked may be caused by one or more of the following;

1. Pilot Error- You must be doing something wrong when attempting to post. Have you made sure your head is cocked right 28*, your tongue is slightly out and your LEFT, not RIGHT eye is squinted slightly? Not doing so may result in piloting your keypad incorrectly, thus leading to a posting crash and/or failure.

2. Battery Issue- Never start off apost with the posting device being less 100% charged. Never attempt to post,read and then re-post as this cause the device to suddenly drop from 90% to 7% then, catch fire and explode.

3. Balancing- Have you made sure that the required Napoleonic Styled Aluminum Foil Hat is well balanced? An unbalanced hat can cause your head to bobble slightly out of the suggested 28*range. (See instruction #1)

4. Calibration- Have you insured you've calibrated your chair at least twice before sitting? Keep in mind, your chair should be completely level prior to performing said calibration. Once the calibration is complete, place your couch 4 meters to the left and sit on it, leaving the chair alone.

5. Positioning- Do your favorite beverages sit to the Right, Left or Dead Center of you when posting? Dead Center is the only proper position to guarantee proper drinking frequencies.

According to current forum policy, not doing the above may earn you a free ride and several nights stay at the lovely Guantanamo Bay Resort. Featuring a beautiful, fenced view of Havana, secured grounds and your very own 5x5, concrete constructed, "room".

Remember, there are not a large percentage of persons being blocked so, you may experience nay sayers on the subject matter or even those who just refuse to believe it to be a system malfunction of any kind.
I know it happens, I’ve had it happen. I feel your pain and hope this helps, with not being blocked further.

This public service has been brought to you by,

-Sky Ninja

PS- I seriously tried to post this as a new thread and got blocked, keep laughing, I'm not joking.

2015-6-25
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

ROFLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy mac mate, you made my day!  Love this dude!  

You rock S.N. !
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules