Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 fly away
4947 22 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb2d1738b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35791 ft
United Kingdom

I took my MA2 out for its second flight today. It ended up at the bottom of the lake. This is what I sent to DJI:

Started drone and it said barometer error please restart. I restarted and it said the same thing. I was going to pack up and come home but I tried once more. It started fine with no errors. I gave it a minute to see if any errors appeared but they didn’t. So I took off and it was about  20 meters away and 20 high at a guess and it just suddenly started to drop. It hit the water but bounced up and hovered. I had no control over it at this time it had lost connection. After a few minutes, it climbed up high like it was in return to home mode. It got about 30 meters up then suddenly dropped like a stone and hit the water upside down and sank.

I have DJI care refresh and I stupidly thought it covered everything, only to find out its useless if the drone flies away and you can't retrieve it.

So now I've put a claim in with DJI for a fly away. How do these usually go? It was 100% not user error as i had no errors before take off, connected to loads of satellites. Battery was 50%. When the remote lost connection it should have flown home and looked like it was. Only to drop.
2020-8-8
Use props
VanzPix
Captain
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Did you send the dji flight logs? so they can see if the problem really comes from the drone
2020-8-8
Use props
fansb2d1738b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 8-8 14:48
Did you send the dji flight logs? so they can see if the problem really comes from the drone

Yes buddy they asked me to upload them and I did, I think. I'll be honest I don't frequent the forums since my first phantom years ago. I remember then it could be tricky to prove user error vs hardware/software fault. I was just wondering what the process is like now.
2020-8-8
Use props
VanzPix
Captain
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

fansb2d1738b Posted at 8-8 14:51
Yes buddy they asked me to upload them and I did, I think. I'll be honest I don't frequent the forums since my first phantom years ago. I remember then it could be tricky to prove user error vs hardware/software fault. I was just wondering what the process is like now.

Strange agreement that they do not replace it has already happened to an acquaintance who lost his pro mavic in the water without being able to recover it and dji after seeing the flight log and that it is indeed the drone that had a problem received a new one.
I cross my fingers for you and they find a solution
2020-8-8
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 8-8 14:59
Strange agreement that they do not replace it has already happened to an acquaintance who lost his pro mavic in the water without being able to recover it and dji after seeing the flight log and that it is indeed the drone that had a problem received a new one.
I cross my fingers for you and they find a solution

That's good to hear. Thanks for your reply!
2020-8-8
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'll just add that I synced my flight logs to an online tool and its not showing the flight today where I had a fly away. The last record is the first and only flight I had on the MA2. It's also missing loads from my previous Mavic pro.
2020-8-8
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

prob not a good idea to right out over water if you're not sure how your drone will fly.  I admit I've done it before, ignore error and reboot until it goes away, but then I try to stick around close to see how it reacts.  in particular up down left right cc cow....get a good feel for it, see if you notice anything different right away.
2020-8-8
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 8-8 15:56
prob not a good idea to right out over water if you're not sure how your drone will fly.  I admit I've done it before, ignore error and reboot until it goes away, but then I try to stick around close to see how it reacts.  in particular up down left right cc cow....get a good feel for it, see if you notice anything different right away.

In hindsight, you're probably right. In my defense though in years of flying 3 different DJI drones I'd never seen this error. When the error said restart to fix it, I thought, well can't be too serious if it's telling me to just restart it. Then I did give it a few minutes to settle when the error disappeared. I let it sit on with the props going for a bit. The error never reappeared. There was no way I was risking it if I saw any more irregularities. I'm kind of glad I was over the water, I wasn't flying over people's heads but it's possible it could have been above someones head if I hadn't set it out before it dropped out of the sky.
2020-8-8
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

If DJI determines that it is not a pilot error than it will be a warranty claim and you may get a new bird without having to send in the old one. This happened to me a couple of years ago when I sunk my DJI Spark in the ocean in Iceland. All I needed to do was uploading my flight log and after a few days I got confirmation from DJI. I was really impressed that they resolved the matter quickly.
Good luck and happy flying!
2020-8-8
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans812df717 Posted at 8-8 17:04
If DJI determines that it is not a pilot error than it will be a warranty claim and you may get a new bird without having to send in the old one. This happened to me a couple of years ago when I sunk my DJI Spark in the ocean in Iceland. All I needed to do was uploading my flight log and after a few days I got confirmation from DJI. I was really impressed that they resolved the matter quickly.
Good luck and happy flying!

Cheers bud, only thing is this is the first time I've ever looked at my flight logs and today's doesn't appear to be there, but at least I've got this to prove where it went.
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi fansb2d1738b, I'm sorry for your loss. I have managed to get your case number, as per check, your drone still under the warranty period, our team will help to apply the data analysis and provide the proper resolution based on the analysis result. You are recommended to wait patiently for the update of the case. If there is any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2020-8-8
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 19:12
Hi fansb2d1738b, I'm sorry for your loss. I have managed to get your case number, as per check, your drone still under the warranty period, our team will help to apply the data analysis and provide the proper resolution based on the analysis result. You are recommended to wait patiently for the update of the case. If there is any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Thanks, Natallia, I just wanted to see was this common. I uploaded my flight logs but they don't seem to show a log for yesterday's flight.
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

lemonheels Posted at 8-9 03:34
Thanks, Natallia, I just wanted to see was this common. I uploaded my flight logs but they don't seem to show a log for yesterday's flight.

I also tried to pull out your flight record but only a flight on May was synced. Could you please check your flight records again and see if you can see it in your Flight Data Center.
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_sV6h33Ganxlx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35755 ft

Russia

lemonheels Posted at 8-8 17:07
Cheers bud, only thing is this is the first time I've ever looked at my flight logs and today's doesn't appear to be there, but at least I've got this to prove where it went.[view_image]

Ooh, how did you manage to export the log files? I spent 2 hours and I couldn't do
2020-8-10
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-10 00:44
I also tried to pull out your flight record but only a flight on May was synced. Could you please check your flight records again and see if you can see it in your Flight Data Center.

Doubled checked, as i said above thats the last flight showing in my logs. But as you can see from the pic above find my drone shows the drone in the water so it was connected. Is this common not to log the flight?
2020-8-10
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_sV6h33Ganxlx Posted at 8-10 02:39
Ooh, how did you manage to export the log files? I spent 2 hours and I couldn't do

It's just automatic upload within the app buddy.
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_sV6h33Ganxlx
lvl.1

Russia

lemonheels Posted at 8-10 02:55
Doubled checked, as i said above thats the last flight showing in my logs. But as you can see from the pic above find my drone shows the drone in the water so it was connected. Is this common not to log the flight?[view_image][view_image]

Hey buddy, I was able to watch this, thanks.
BUT, now we need to learn how to export the file to .txt
2020-8-10
Use props
Georgiy Gladkov
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-10 00:44
I also tried to pull out your flight record but only a flight on May was synced. Could you please check your flight records again and see if you can see it in your Flight Data Center.

Natalia ,  you Administrator ? I`m sorry  , I'm new user to the forum but have been flying for 2 years. I had a problem with the air mavic 2. He, too, drowned on his own. And there was nothing I could do. What should I do ? Where should I go?)
Regards

2020-8-10
Use props
lemonheels
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Georgiy Gladkov Posted at 8-10 03:30
Natalia ,  you Administrator ? I`m sorry  , I'm new user to the forum but have been flying for 2 years. I had a problem with the air mavic 2. He, too, drowned on his own. And there was nothing I could do. What should I do ? Where should I go?)
Regards

I contacted DJI support via Facebook messenger and they took all my details there buddy.
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

lemonheels Posted at 8-10 02:55
Doubled checked, as i said above thats the last flight showing in my logs. But as you can see from the pic above find my drone shows the drone in the water so it was connected. Is this common not to log the flight?[view_image][view_image]

Hi lemonheels, our team has replied to your email, kindly please check it. Should there any further concerns, please reply to the email, our team will follow up on it. Thanks.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Georgiy Gladkov Posted at 8-10 03:30
Natalia ,  you Administrator ? I`m sorry  , I'm new user to the forum but have been flying for 2 years. I had a problem with the air mavic 2. He, too, drowned on his own. And there was nothing I could do. What should I do ? Where should I go?)
Regards

Hi Georgiy, may I know what happened to your drone, please? Kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support and provide us with more details, we'll do our best to help. Thanks.
2020-8-12
Use props
ToxicIntrovert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429049 ft
Australia

lemonheels Posted at 2020-8-8 15:04
I'll just add that I synced my flight logs to an online tool and its not showing the flight today where I had a fly away. The last record is the first and only flight I had on the MA2. It's also missing loads from my previous Mavic pro.

Exuse but how can you see your flight logs, Today my mavic air 2 lost signal completely just stayed above water.
2021-1-9
Use props
MisterAlex1934
lvl.1

Italy

Da qualche parte o letto che sull'acqua da problemi per la sua riflessione, invece da parte mia o da chiedere un consiglio e un aiuto, vorrei installare un tablet sul telecomando del mio DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly Combo ma non riesco a trovare un tablet che mi installa l'applicazione DJI Fly o provato sia Android 3.2 che su Android 10 ma non mi installa  l'applicazione, ce qualche anima buona da suggerirmi qualche dritta a poter risolvere il problema  per avere un monitor piu ampio di veduta, scusatemi sono nuovo di questo forum e non so neppure come comportarmi per invio e ricevere messaggi, porgo calorosi ringraziamenti a chiunque mi dia una dritta onde poter risolvere il mio problema.     
2022-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules