Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ground station map not working
1728 8 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

I have note 3 with lolipop.  When i pull up ground station, there is no maps, nothing, I dont recall downloading maps in past but noticed it said i had too.  This is first time i have installed on new phone since just got back repaired drone.  I have groundstation activated in settings.  When i hit the blank screen it adds way points but cannot see any streets or anything.  I do have naza activated but had in GPS mode.  HELP!!!
2015-6-20
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Your device has to have Google maps. You have to have Internet and bring up the maps. This caches the maps and when you open Ground Station the maps a loaded in. Be sure it's the area you want to fly in scroll around a little and it will cache the map.
2015-6-20
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-21 10:44
Your device has to have Google maps. You have to have Internet and bring up the maps. This caches th ...

yep, that must have been what happened, after trying several times I open Google Maps, and then later went back to the app and everything was there! I went flying today and it worked perfect, airplane mode, no connection lost, I only went about 125 yards away, but it held tight! Will be trying ground station waypoints in a little bit
2015-6-21
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Glad to help and glad you got her working. The waypoint work fine. The DJI app does have a distance limit of 1,625 ft out. However you can do multiple waypoint  within that distance. There is a modified app available that takes the limits off. Enjoy flying!
2015-6-21
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-22 10:53
Glad to help and glad you got her working. The waypoint work fine. The DJI app does have a distance  ...

I installed the LITCHI app and i have done way point in neighborhood and worked perfect for 5 missions.  Love the point of interest, love that it goes to the altitude set, then flies to the POI and circles.  Wish the ground station did that so i do not have to start mission from air to avoid the trees and houses on its way to first waypoint.  Tried the Follow me one time and walked about block and then voice said losing accuracy so it just hovered there....I am going to try again with the dynamic home switched on...this app really rocks
2015-7-3
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Set the first way point as close to the home point as possible and she flies straight up. So much easier I think
2015-7-4
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Numpty clive Posted at 2015-7-4 19:38
Set the first way point as close to the home point as possible and she flies straight up. So much ea ...

As it happens I was having a discussion about this on another forum, it seems that some versions of the Vision when starting a GS mission, elevate to about 15 ft when the mission starts and then proceed to the first waypoint, as opposed to just taking off from ground zero and gaining height on the way to the first waypoint.

Its been noted that only some do this (mine is V1 and does it), not sure why, I assume DJI changed something in the firmware.
2015-7-4
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-7-4 20:14
As it happens I was having a discussion about this on another forum, it seems that some versions o ...

yes....mine does exactly that, just gains 15 feet and the acends on way to firs point.  wish it went to height  of first waypoint  then started towards it as i have a ton of trees around me.
2015-7-6
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

johnk456@roadru Posted at 2015-7-7 09:54
yes....mine does exactly that, just gains 15 feet and the acends on way to firs point.  wish it we ...

Its for that reason Numpty Clive suggested setting the first waypoint as close as possible, something I now do all the time, this way it elevates to the correct height moving away, however the downside is that the climb speed is really slow for some reason
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules