Firmware updates
1048 17 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

Does anyone know how these firmware updates are released?  I am still on .0250.  I understand that a 0.340 update was released recently.  When I have my drone powered on, I check for firmware updates and it tells me that I have the most recent.  Does DJI releases these things in batches or what?
2020-8-10
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I updated to .0340 few hours ago
2020-8-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

Niknik Posted at 8-10 06:33
I updated to .0340 few hours ago

I just checked an hour ago and nothing
2020-8-10
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I'm also in the US and updated last night.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2020-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 8-10 06:57
I just checked an hour ago and nothing

Try hooking the drone up to Assistant 2 for Mavic on your computer and update the firmware using that.
2020-8-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-10 08:09
Try hooking the drone up to Assistant 2 for Mavic on your computer and update the firmware using that.

Thanks, I just did that and got it updated.  I wonder why some people can update through the DJI Fly app and other cannot
2020-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 8-10 09:18
Thanks, I just did that and got it updated.  I wonder why some people can update through the DJI Fly app and other cannot

Regional or the OS I guess - glad you got it
2020-8-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-10 09:40
Regional or the OS I guess - glad you got it

Yeah I figured that for the iOS app they probably release them in batches.  My Oculus Quest does the same thing.  Sometimes it takes a week for me to get the update after it is released.
2020-8-10
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It could also be that the servers are overloaded. I manually checked for battery firmware updates a while ago and once got a "Server error. Try again later." message.
2020-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MisterFrag Posted at 8-10 11:01
It could also be that the servers are overloaded. I manually checked for battery firmware updates a while ago and once got a "Server error. Try again later." message.

Indeed, thats probably the main reason.
2020-8-10
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 8-10 09:54
Yeah I figured that for the iOS app they probably release them in batches.  My Oculus Quest does the same thing.  Sometimes it takes a week for me to get the update after it is released.

But the drones FW has nothing to do with the app that your phone or tablet is running.
2020-8-10
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-10 13:46
But the drones FW has nothing to do with the app that your phone or tablet is running.

But isn't the FW update supposed to show up on the app to alert us to update?
2020-8-10
Use props
fans18220e21
lvl.1
Australia

MisterFrag Posted at 8-10 11:01
It could also be that the servers are overloaded. I manually checked for battery firmware updates a while ago and once got a "Server error. Try again later." message.

Hi MisterFrag,
Can you tell me please where to go/look to update a battery?. So far I've just seen two firmware update links. Still cannot see a controller update link (Found in "About" when drone & controller turned on).
I use a Samsung Tab A with my new as-yet unflown Air 2.

Kind regards, Noel B
2020-8-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 8-10 13:46

for the most part, correct, the fw shouldn't be dependent on the platform; however, each of us will call into the server with an iOS device or an android device or a Mac or pc, etc.  So DJI should know who is asking for the update.  For example, if they started getting tons of call that drones are locking up after downloading the exact same binary using an android phone, does dji have the ability to suspend android downloads while allowing apple downloads to continue?  I dunno; maybe.  perhaps the download is similar but the install is different.
2020-8-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans18220e21 Posted at 8-10 16:48
Hi MisterFrag,
Can you tell me please where to go/look to update a battery?. So far I've just seen two firmware update links. Still cannot see a controller update link (Found in "About" when drone & controller turned on).
I use a Samsung Tab A with my new as-yet unflown Air 2.

if you update your software one time, the battery on your drone will not require a separate update.  after everything is completed, turn off the drone, swap the battery, power up the drone, connect the fly app, and then back out you'll see new battery firmware available.
2020-8-10
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 8-10 15:06
But isn't the FW update supposed to show up on the app to alert us to update?

Yes, but the app is just acting as a portal between the drone & the DJI server.
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

NitemareTrainer Posted at 8-10 09:54

Hi. Thank you for reaching to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. When DJI releases update it is released in Phases. Some regions may receive the update early and gradually the other regions will receive these updates. Thank you for your valued support and patience.
2020-8-11
Use props
hbarrazame.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi - I had a similar issue updating from my iPad - used my iPhone X instead and this worked for me using the dji fly app. Hope this helps.
2020-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules