Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI P3 versus FPV Racing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone have any regrets for choosing the Phantom 3 route rather than a FPV racing quadcopter? I went with the DJI P3P and am installing the new firmware now for my first flights in the next few days. Occasionally I'll be lost in Youtube watching quadcopter videos and wonder if FPV racing would have been more entertaining. What do you guys think?!
2015-6-20
Use props
Jack57
lvl.4

Canada

It depends on what you like more... The phantom 3 is not for racing it's for photography. ;)
2015-6-20
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

You can't compare the two... P3 is a video and imaging platform and FPV quads racers "there are all kinds" are just that for racing .  I have and do both and let me tell you you never want to put your P3 trough the paces the you would a FPV racer.  Here is a good video of FPV http://youtu.be/2Kisvp-uJiw . Checkout getfpv.com

-Dog
2015-6-20
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-21 09:44
It depends on what you like more... The phantom 3 is not for racing it's for photography. ;)

Well, and videography ;)

@OP
I think FPV racing looks like great fun. I don't see why we can't do both

Like Jack, I'm mostly in it for the ability to produce photos and videos.
2015-6-20
Use props
myron
Second Officer

Philippines

2015-6-20
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

Awesome flying but that's not FPV... Check this vid out http://youtu.be/FMXCWNQedmc
-Dog

2015-6-20
Use props
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-21 12:02
Awesome flying but that's not FPV... Check this vid out http://youtu.be/FMXCWNQedmc
-Dog

Cool vids Dog, I thought for sure I would have already seen them prior to clicking but I hadn't! I guess the real reason to have hesitation of not having both would be the financial cost. I also think racing would be more fun with friends, and believe that if I can get a few of my friends into the hobby I'll definitely pursue it!
2015-6-20
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
United States

cfovargue@gmail Posted at 2015-6-21 12:28
Cool vids Dog, I thought for sure I would have already seen them prior to clicking but I hadn't! I ...

Yep a good racer cost just about as much as a P3, that's just getting your first mid line racer.  The down side is you will crash it and that will cost your even more.  I have pored enough money into my racers to buy at least 2 to 3 P3Ps.

-Dog
2015-6-20
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-21 09:59
You can't compare the two... P3 is a video and imaging platform and FPV quads racers "there are all  ...

I'm not into FPV either, but several months ago the GetFPV guys had a "meet" here where I live. A local participant clued me into the gathering.

Aside from the venue (in the middle of a flooded cow pasture full of water and - politely put - other "stuff!" - it was interesting.

I would not want to put my Phantom through what those guys were doing. I guess it might be kind of like taking your Harley Hog to a moto-cross!
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules