840 10 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

Hi friends,

As I bought a basic Mavic Mini (not Fly More Combo edition) I needed a case. After some research I found this chinesse Mavic Mini case for about 15$. It's sold online under many different brands: Anbee, Wellbuy, Tineer, Penivo, HRB, Soyan, AKD Steel...

This case looks great, it's durable and well designed. Small size but enought room for Mini, up to three batteries and lot of accesories.

Unfortunatelly, Mavic Mini controller don't fit well. A bit of modding is neccesary.

In this video I teach you how to mod this case by adding a shoulder strap and cutting some foam.

This case is working great for me. I hope you like it !

R.

2020-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a good value little case.  .
2020-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good looking deal
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there raulvolador. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this carrying case for the DJI Mavic Mini. Great find and thank you for your support.
2020-8-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice
2020-8-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I do believe there's something missing from that case.

Depending on the orientation you keep your case stored and how prolonged the bottom propellers of the folded legs remain pinched between the case and the drone weight, the props themselves could actually get warped and lead to undesirable flight problems.

I think you should improve on the design by protecting the props during storage (both rear and front), the original Fly More Combo case has a bump on the bottom in which the Mini rests atop, leaving the props free in mid-air (if you stored your Mini correctly), same applies to the top (front) props which do not touch the ceiling of the case when closed as a bump almost as large as the body comes down and stabilize the drone, while providing in the lower part an empty space to accomodate the folded together front props and motors.
2020-8-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same case.
2020-8-11
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Spain

m80116 Posted at 8-11 08:49
I do believe there's something missing from that case.

Depending on the orientation you keep your case stored and how prolonged the bottom propellers of the folded legs remain pinched between the case and the drone weight, the props themselves could actually get warped and lead to undesirable flight problems.

You are very right. Mavic Mini propellers are very fragile. I always use a propeller holder before storing into case.

I'm using this DIY ribbon & velcro prop holder:

2020-8-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It's a good thing I remember you now

But I still believe you need some kind of bump underneath the relieve the weight from the bundled props.
2020-8-12
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Spain

My Mavic Mini log shows more than 10 hours airborne. It's still using original propellers.

I always carefully store drone folded using my velcro & ribbon prop holder.

I'm very proud to claim I have never had any 'Motor Speed Warning' due to warped props.

R.
2020-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice
2020-10-25
Use props
Advanced