Connector types on Air Unit
1426 5 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theprisoner666
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I recently broke the antenna of my air unit. Anyway, I bought the elbow antennas as replacement as I thought they would fit my frame easier, but the connectors won't fit! It seems I needed the straight type for my air unit. Is there 2 different versions of the AU with different MMCX connectors? I really wish they'd either make it clearer when buying the antennas that there's a difference between the elbow and straight connector, or just use the same connection type. I now have to reorder the different versions again.

2020-8-12
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Is it not fitting a result of a peculiarity of your specific frame?  As far as I know, an MMCX connector is the same, regardless of whether it is straight or 90°.   
2020-8-12
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

i have both 90deg and straight mmcx 3rd party antenna and they both fit just fine. Which one did you get, can you post a photo?
2020-8-12
Use props
theprisoner666
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I sorted it out. It seem the ends of the MMCX snapped off in BOTH of the sockets! I had to get some very fine pliers inside the socket to pull them out. I've read this happened to others on this forum, so it made me check it out, and lo and behold, it was the case. It's fine now. The antennas fit OK. Thanks for your help anyway.
2020-8-12
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

DJI, if you are listening, the MMCX connector coming loose is the weakest point in the FPV system. Hopefully V2 addresses this.....
2020-8-13
Use props
theprisoner666
lvl.1
Hong Kong

mc54 Posted at 8-13 08:58
DJI, if you are listening, the MMCX connector coming loose is the weakest point in the FPV system. Hopefully V2 addresses this.....

Agree. Even the new ones seem very loose. I need to strap the antenna to my battery in case they come out during flight. Not ideal solution for signal reception. Gonna have to get some MMCX to RP-SMA extensions and put the antennas at the back of the quad somehow.
2020-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules