Airsense not working for me?
1653 10 2020-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stroodle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524544 ft
Canada

I just purchased a new MA2 and am learning the differences and how to use them over my original Air.  One feature I was excited about was the ADS-B.  I find that technology cool and beneficial.  I have read a fair bit in different forums, watched youtube vids etc and think I understand how it should work on my MA2 but I just tried it out in my area of Canada and put the MA2 up about 20 meters AGL and waited for a plane to come by (nearby aerodome).  I did have one fly by at no more that 2kms from my position but nothing showed up on my controller screen.  I ensured it was turned on in the Advanced area of the Safety Tab but nothing.  Any ideas why it didn't show up for me?  it was a small plane, I believe a small Cessna.
2020-8-13
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

If ADS-B doesn't consider a threat of collision it won't trigger an alert.  Also, go to full map and tap on the aircraft in the right menu selections.  High triggers at 1km, medium/high triggers at 2km, the last one will trigger at the farthest distance away from you.
2020-8-13
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

You said you'd researched a lot...I called tech support and this is what they sent me. It's in one of my earlier posts.    
2020-8-13
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-13 16:08
You said you'd researched a lot...I called tech support and this is what they sent me. It's in one of my earlier posts.  [view_image]  [view_image]

The last sentence of the first paragraph leads me to believe it won't trigger an alert if it doesn't see any conflict.  E.G. a climbing plane that's going to pass 2000' above you.  In the third paragraph it also talks about possibility of a collision.
2020-8-13
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Also, the small Cessna if flying in uncontrolled airspace and taking off and landing at an uncontrolled airport is not required to have ADS=B Out (this is true in the US).
2020-8-13
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 8-13 16:10
The last sentence of the first paragraph leads me to believe it won't trigger an alert if it doesn't see any conflict.  E.G. a climbing plane that's going to pass 2000' above you.  In the third paragraph it also talks about possibility of a collision.

Thanks for all the info. I had a plane trigger the alert yesterday. A message came up saying "Manned Aircraft Nearby" and i also noticed the little map icon on the bottom left of the screen was now an airplane icon ( i did not press it ). A few other planes flew by, but i didn't get the alert from them.
2020-8-13
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Canada

Thank you for the additional information Rustic17 - I will go out tomorrow in the daylight and check the map setting page - I believe I will find that to be my issue - again, very appreciative of your help.

2020-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not all planes broadcast ADS-B,   if you grab the flight radar app you can see some of the plans in the area and also see if they are broadcasting ads-b.
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. The DJI AirSense can alert users of nearby aircraft with ADS-B Out installed. For more information regarding the DJI AirSense please visit this link. Thank you.
2020-8-14
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I've read that there is a five year mandate started 2019 for planes in Canada to install ASD-B out, but its a contentious issue as there is a significant cost.  ADS-B does work in Canada, but small aircraft are unlikely to be transmitting.

Here's some reading...

https://www.ainonline.com/aviati ... s-ads-b-out-mandate

2020-8-14
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks everyone. Good info here. Stay safe and happy flying!
2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules